Morocco 2020 (14 Viewers)

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Thanks.
They told me to apply for the green card after Christmas. I just wanted to be forewarned in case they tried it on.

IMG-20190123-WA0002.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Am at Alcaidesa Marina just outside Gibraltar.
Short stroll into Gib. Diesel on gib £0.95 litre.
Bar and restaurant on site. White coffee was €1.35. Laundry and dryer with large drums. €4 wash, €3 for dry. Very secure.
Ehu if you need it. Wonderful views of marina and the rock.
Supposed to be 72 hours max. 10 km from Algeciras. Eur12 a night.
Might be a good stop pre Morocco.
Screenshot_20191215-152435_Maps.jpg
20191214_201201.jpg
20191213_160648.jpg

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We've stopped there, for a visit to Gib. Fine, unless it's windy when the unsecured halyards (tut-tut bad form chaps!) of the yachts were banging on the masts.

Service point a it obscure - but we found it in the end halfway along the jetty at the end of the parking area, around the corner.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013

came across this and thought it might be a helpful itinerary for someone. Not our cup of tea, we tend to freestyle but nice places to visit? We’ve already been to Marrakech so probably won’t bother going there in the Moho.

I really want to visit Rabat.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007

came across this and thought it might be a helpful itinerary for someone. Not our cup of tea, we tend to freestyle but nice places to visit? We’ve already been to Marrakech so probably won’t bother going there in the Moho.

Rabat is good to visit, Meknes better I.M.O.
Rabat.

I will do that for £50 less.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Dont hear any clanking from the boats, and there is a proper service point now.
Had this on my windscreen. €180 to Morocco, but dont know if they do the forms you need.
20191215_185910.jpg
20191215_185851.jpg

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
And if you're into Roman ruins...

"Located between the Imperial Cities of Fez and Meknes, on a fertile plain surrounded by sweeping wheat fields and overlooked by the nearby holy town of Moulay Idriss Zerhoune is Volubilis, one of Morocco’s best-preserved Roman ruins……Established before the Christian Era, at a time when the region was part of Mauretania, it was considered its administrative centre. Located in the far southwestern region of the kingdom of Mauretania/Morocco, it was also one of the most remote cities within the Roman Empire. Well worth the visit"

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

I know you re not posting it for yourselves but to anyone reading I say :- You really don't need to pay that to go with this lot. You can go by yourselves or with any number of Funsters going over. Once you re over there you will wonder why you were even worried.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
And if you're into Roman ruins...

"Located between the Imperial Cities of Fez and Meknes, on a fertile plain surrounded by sweeping wheat fields and overlooked by the nearby holy town of Moulay Idriss Zerhoune is Volubilis, one of Morocco’s best-preserved Roman ruins……Established before the Christian Era, at a time when the region was part of Mauretania, it was considered its administrative centre. Located in the far southwestern region of the kingdom of Mauretania/Morocco, it was also one of the most remote cities within the Roman Empire. Well worth the visit"
Volubilis
IMG_7290.JPG
IMG_7293.JPG
IMG_7295.JPG
IMG_7296.JPG
IMG_7297.JPG
IMG_7301.JPG
IMG_7303.JPG
IMG_7305.JPG

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I know you re not posting it for yourselves but to anyone reading I say :- You really don't need to pay that to go with this lot. You can go by yourselves or with any number of Funsters going over. Once you re over there you will wonder why you were even worried.

I agree, I cannot understand why people would pay to go on any guided tour. Being in a group and with a set itinerary would be a nightmare for me.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Some like the comfort of a guided tour.
Each to their own.
If I didn't have anyone to travel with, I would also go on a tour. Not everyone is as confident as others.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Not if I am leading the group and only £3000.00 per couple plus expenses and ready to go. You know it makes sense!
Sign me up Phil me little Pixi, I’m there :giggle:
Dont hear any clanking from the boats, and there is a proper service point now.
Had this on my windscreen. €180 to Morocco, but dont know if they do the forms you need.
View attachment 352030View attachment 352031
That’s Carlos’s firm

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Live webcam at the port.

Malachy

Free Member
Mar 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
New campervan
Exp
We ve used Tarifa-Tanger Ville twice now, its a much quicker nicer crossing than Algeciras-Tanger med, barely time to get your passports done, and its a much smarter catermaran.

The cost and timings are pretty similar to The other crossings and still has 'gaps' at not so busy times. Be aware Innkeeper that we tried to book at the FRS office in Tarifa and the costs were ridiculous so we ended up driving across to Carlos's to get the regular 200/220 eur deal.

Beware though its not a big boat and as its a cat you drive in the rear up to the front and back on yourself. It is high enough for a Coach at the entrance but anyone over 2.7m ???? ish has to turn around in the entrance which is not that big. IMO it would be a bit interesting if 10 larger MH's and a couple of coaches turned up

The other downside is that Tanger Ville is in the City, its not the same as wandering out of Tanger Med straight onto the Motorway.

Last year was our first time back on the Acciona boat with TerryL and I was reminded just how grim it is and then how unreliable it is. I think when we go again I will look again at booking online with FRS to Tanger Med as its a nicer boat and supposed to be more reliable according to our new Moroccan customs friend we spent most of the day with waiting for Acciona.

hth
Jon
Just to avoid confusion, whatever happens you will still need a greencard/insurance for Morocco for your motorhome and scooter etc,
How safe is morocco

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
A bit more on the insurance for Morocco...

Comfort Insurance v Saga Insurance.

Our Comfort policy was £373 at renewal earlier this year (no breakdown cover).
The cost of the green card for Morocco is £33.60 per week plus an admin charge of £20.
If you are in Morocco for more than six weeks the cost is capped at £221.60 (the price for six weeks).
So a cost of £373 + £221 = £594.

I called Saga today and have taken out a new policy (same cover as Comfort) for £437 plus £25 for the Morocco green card = £462.

My last call was to Comfort to cancel my policy and get a refund for the unused portion of the policy less a £25 admin fee.

Looking forward to February and March in Morocco with £100 more in my pocket than if I stayed with Comfort.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
How safe is morocco
Well we've been going for 5 years, many Funsters for much longer. Never ever had any sort of problem, people very friendly and hospitable. It's a police state so crime generally is low and the police crack down hard on offenders. That's not to say you are guaranteed to be safe, there's always the odd nutter anywhere, just take normal common sense precautions as you would anywhere else.

Personally we feel safer in Morocco than most European countries, although you should take more care on the roads as road safety doesn't, shall we say, have a good record. Which is probably the reason the insurance company's have decided to hike their premiums out of all proportion.

Read the article in the MotorhomeFun Magazine, or my expanded version in Resources.

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Well we've been going for 5 years, many Funsters for much longer. Never ever had any sort of problem, people very friendly and hospitable. It's a police state so crime generally is low and the police crack down hard on offenders. That's not to say you are guaranteed to be safe, there's always the odd nutter anywhere, just take normal common sense precautions as you would anywhere else.

Personally we feel safer in Morocco than most European countries, although you should take more care on the roads as road safety doesn't, shall we say, have a good record. Which is probably the reason the insurance company's have decided to hike their premiums out of all proportion.

Read the article in the MotorhomeFun Magazine, or my expanded version in Resources.
Just read your resource thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back