LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
European 12 month Green Card received off Saga F.O.C. Have to apply for Morocco one now but need a crossing date I think so will book Eurotunnel soon and the get it.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I have booked Portsmouth to Santander 10th Jan, i have got the IDP and will get Moroc green card 12wks from Comfort £221.60, EU green card free.
How much for the crossing Bill?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Amazon product ASIN 2758545845
This map appears to be more up to date than the 2015 Michelin map.
Has anyone got it and is it an improvement on the Michelin one?

Sorry don't know that one. But the roads don't change very much (except when they get washed away, but that's another fun part of Morocco) so even a couple of years old should be okay.
Reminds me, must check mine..............

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I'm not seeing these links ??? Is it possible you are posting these while logged into one of your purchasing accounts, i.e. Amazon and therefore no details being shown ???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
I'm not seeing these links ??? Is it possible you are posting these while logged into one of your purchasing accounts, i.e. Amazon and therefore no details being shown ???
Don't think so as I don't have an Amazon account!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Seems to be an Amazon thing - I don't see them either, although the frame is there. I just click on that and it magically appears!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Well I had a few spare minutes and I put IGN and Michelin side by side. Granted my Michelin is 2012 but the IGN is straight away more clear, slightly better scale 8km/cm not 10km/cm and has a lot more tourist information.

Personally I like to plan with a map and sometimes divert because I hadn't realised I was passing quite close to something potentially interesting ( this is also sometimes disappointing LOL)

The other big plus planning by map is that you are unlikely to be lead up a 'short cut' which would only work if you were on a donkey.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Right hit our first problem. Rung insurance on a different matter but asked about Morocco and they said sorry we dont cover Morocco. So can I get and more to the point is it allowed to get insurance from someone else for the time where there.
In the mean time had a drink by the ferry port View attachment 334038View attachment 334039View attachment 334040
As I understand you can buy insurance at the border but apparently it is quite expensive, added to that in the event of needing to make a claim for a RTA maybe I don’t think a Moroccan Insurance policy would be worth the paper it’s printed on, when I first went to Morocco and found my insurance company didn’t cover me over there, I just had to bite the bullet and terminate my policy and reinsure, and I feel this would be your best choice, some insurance companies will provide a green card free others make a charge, having said that Comfort insurance wanted £270 just for a green card for 9 weeks last winter, needless to say if I decide to go to Morocco again I will have to change insurance companies, until recently they only used to charge £17 for the same period but what they are asking for now is a further 50% of my policy on top, I don’t think so, so if I were you I would shop around. Hope this helps.
Right hit our first problem. Rung insurance on a different matter but asked about Morocco and they said sorry we dont cover Morocco. So can I get and more to the point is it allowed to get insurance from someone else for the time where there.
In the mean time had a drink by the ferry port View attachment 334038View attachment 334039View attachment 334040
Has any one used the insurance available at the port

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
mind you can get any bottle filled at lots of gas depots .
sometimes they charge abit extra than if you just got a maroc bottle .
what many with tanks require is an lpg pump to fill the tank from bottles .
i have a manually operated pump here an american onemade by a firm called krug . used it for filling my lpg vehicle in the late 70,s /80,s when lpg at places closed down.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Things have moved on a bit since your last visit Ken. You are right with respect to Propane, hard to obtain but the butane is freely available and a lot cleaner. I used two large bottles this year and when I checked my flue after returning home it was spotless.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
When we needed Propane we got it ( i'm pretty certain it was anyway) from Camping Bakanou at Tifnit this was 2016. this year we topped up at Los Barrios and it lasted easily.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Jon I’ve heard the same that John Christoph from Bakanou will take your bottles to get them refilled, we’ve never had to as we use a hose that Mohamed the sprayman made me up to backfill thru the fill point with a moroccan bottle.
I also concur with Phil that the butane i’ve used last 4years is cleaner than was on our first year, no soot..

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Jon I’ve heard the same that John Christoph from Bakanou will take your bottles to get them refilled, we’ve never had to as we use a hose that Mohamed the sprayman made me up to backfill thru the fill point with a moroccan bottle.
I also concur with Phil that the butane i’ve used last 4years is cleaner than was on our first year, no soot..
Hi marc

No he does it on the spot like the other campsites filling bottle to bottle but he has a proper rig with the large 6ft tall bottles which he claims to be propane and certainly seemed to burn cleaner. The Moroccan gas seems to be a problem for the Secumotion regs, but Ok if you re on a bottle type,

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You've probably got an ad-blocker running. It will hide Amazon links.

If I'm posting an Amazon link I put it in twice, the second time deleting the "https://" from the front. This will appear as link even if an ad-blocker is running.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
According to NFU's policy they only give 3rd party cover for Morocco.
Have you checked what cover you have?
We changed to NFU this spring, when they told us we would be covered fully comp in Morrocco, now they have said they ‘mis informed by the underwriters’ so time to find another company.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back