LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Mood lighting. Chic model A class.
The hidden recessed lighting around the ceiling plinths and at the side of the hab door, just went off:(
The ones by the door are actually on, but very dim, all the others went off about an hour ago for no apprent reason. They're on one of the silver double dimmer switches by the door. I assume they're LED strips. Can't see how to access anything. Banging things didn't work:whistle:
Any bright ideas why, and how I can fix this?
(.....see what I did there ;))

Don't have an English manual, obv not a fuse, would it be a driver? If so, where might it be? Can't actually access the lighting as far as I can see as it's all hidden!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
thinking about it a little longer and inspired by Lenny's post, if it is like our dimmer switch square, with on off in two corners and dimmer in the other 2 we have virtually abandoned using that light due to difficulties with the switch, either struggle get it on or cant turn off when on

it also may not be LED if like ours and still fitted on Hymer S classes up to 2013 at least that I know of, it is an antiquated rope light and very high battery consumption for virtually zero light

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Just a thought which could be nonsense. Led's are only happy if the polarity is correct. Some hook-ups don't conform and although most things work regardless, could there be a conflict between your battery and hook-up?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Perhaps it’s got a headache....:LOL:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Just a thought which could be nonsense. Led's are only happy if the polarity is correct. Some hook-ups don't conform and although most things work regardless, could there be a conflict between your battery and hook-up?

A reverse polarity thread :hi5:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
You need to press the buttons in correct order.. :eek:

60ef158af93ce2c9c67a93e2bfae0037.jpg

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
None of the above! o_O
Am on hookup, batteries are good, polarity is good, been working fine for over a week then just stopped ! Reset it all, no change.
Time for some dismantling methinks:eek:

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
None of the above! o_O
Am on hookup, batteries are good, polarity is good, been working fine for over a week then just stopped ! Reset it all, no change.
Time for some dismantling methinks:eek:

Take it to a U.K. Carthago dealer and see what they say or ring them if you don’t get a definitive answer here? Am assuming you have tried press and hold down? :)

Last edited:

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Mood lighting. Chic model A class.
The hidden recessed lighting around the ceiling plinths and at the side of the hab door, just went off:(
The ones by the door are actually on, but very dim, all the others went off about an hour ago for no apprent reason. They're on one of the silver double dimmer switches by the door. I assume they're LED strips. Can't see how to access anything. Banging things didn't work:whistle:
Any bright ideas why, and how I can fix this?
(.....see what I did there ;))

Don't have an English manual, obv not a fuse, would it be a driver? If so, where might it be? Can't actually access the lighting as far as I can see as it's all hidden!
Chic model not in the mood and you’re surprised banging didn’t work? Have you tried chocolates and flowers?:heartbreak:

On a more serious note, I have had a dimmer switch on a 240v lighting circuit Fáil which resulted in the lights dimming. There was a slight smell of burning. When I removed the switch the small circuit board showed signs of charring. I replaced it with a regular on-off switch and the lights worked again. First thing I would try is to change the switch. In mine, the switches have covers which just pull off to reveal a switch plate with screws fixing it to the wall. Remove these to pull the switch away giving access to the wires. Isolate the lighting circuit first of course. You could try an on-off switch first to check the lights work before going to the expense of a new dimmer switch.

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Friend had a similar problem on his autotrail. It was a connecter that was faulty. Took some finding as was intermittently happening. Replaced connections and all ok

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Like your front lights you’ve accidentally switch them to dogging mode.

Apr 13, 2013
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
One
I have a two year old chic e-line and has done exactly the same from new. Carthago have changed all switches and two years later it does exactly the same. When the lights go off switch the lighting mode off on the control panel wait 10seconds and they should work.Have spoken to Carthago again and they think it is an earth problem around the drawer area beneath the fridge. Maybe the fridge is the next item to go off. It will be going back to the dealers yet again under warranty. Hope fridge does not go off as sitting in Greece writing this in nice weather. Good luck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back