LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I know somebody who's been there will give a better answer, but meanwhile I've done a bit of googling and found:

"From Vernon to Giverny

"Driving
"Cross the bridge over the Seine (towards Beauvais) turn right on the D5 and go straight on for 5 km. Parking is free in Giverny. There is a large car park on the side of the D5, in front of the Fondation Claude Monet, and a smaller one just in front of the entrance door, in the village, rue Claude Monet. You may also park in the car park of the Museum of Impression on the D5."
http://giverny.org/gardens/fcm/visitgb.htm

Car park shown here:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...2!3m1!1s0x47e6c8fef536f57b:0x77c5b6296865dff6

Found this on clubmotorhome forum (March 2013):
"Hi all can anyone help,recent Topic on another forum was about overnight parking at Monet's gardens in Giverny ,One person said yes you could overnight there, two said no over night parking .Have found Aire's nearby but would rather stay at gardens if possible.Does anyone have any up to date advice.Please"
... which suggests you can park to visit if nothing else.

Aug 28, 2013
luton
Funster No
MH
Elddis Acardo 125
Exp
There is a car park where I stopped for the day, but don't know if you can overnight.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Does anyone know if you can park a Motorhome at Monet's garden, we plan to visit in early June.
Yes you can David, parts of the carpark we stayed on had low overhead branches and we had to look for a level spot. Enjoy, we did enough to know we will return one day. Usual caveat, try and beat the buses(y)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
If you can't get into Monet's Garden you could always try Picasso's Allotment:

3d-large-stack-green-cubes-white-19472612.jpg

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Big car park but be careful if there's been a lot of rain, saw a Hymer bogged a few years ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I was shown the far end of the car park by the attandant for free over nighting. It's a lovely place and changes with the seasons.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Yes you can park there, we parked on the little one right by the entrance, but they are helpful and advise you were is best. It's a lovely walk up the village when the tourist coaches have gone past the American gardens, which were all planted in White when we were there.

OP
OP
davidbaldam
Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Answering my own question, yes you can overnight at Monet's gardens in Giverny, park at the car park where the coaches park, drive into the car park where the coaches park and the Motorhome parking is signed, there is a mix of hard standing and grass. No facilities but very quite and only a few minutes walk to the Gardens. No charge for parking. We stayed there last night. Worth a visit if passing but be prepared for loads of tourists. All the other car parks now have hight barriers. If in doubt check on google maps. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back