MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (79 Viewers)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Can’t remember if Blu has had her Titre test , but if not plenty of time to get her sorted
She's not yet but don't need it till we're going to Morocco in winter. She's only had one rabies vaccination so far though. It's only a 1 year one so I had planned to get another 3 year one done in Germany when I get them all wormed for coming back to UK and then getting the titre done in Spain again.

I think to get it done here I'd need to get another rabies shot done in the next few days then have the titre done in a few weeks time .... don't think I'd risk it with just the one rabies shot as that's how ela failed hers last year.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Just realised she doesn’t need it for the rest of this trip 🤭
Yes technically she should have had it for returning from Turkey to the EU...but greek border never looked at the dogs or their passports . He was too busy telling me it was his dream to visit Scotland..😁
It's all a bit nonsense anyway ... no one in Spain checked last year either.

But it's worth having in the long run .

She's in the bad books this morning anyway as she's lost her collar and she made me lose one of my handmade leather Moroccan flip flops as I threw it at her and it landed in the sea and its been carried out on the tide... little shit

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Just got off the phone with Dale at viamare , so I'm on the 23.59 sailing from igoumenitsa to bari on 30 June, arrive at 9 am . Camping on board .

£291 for me the camper and the mutts.

Can't remember what I paid for the trip bari to Greece in November. But the time of this one and camping on board makes life easier . We'll just be in bed as normal

Lucky lad, maybe because at that time of year people are more likely to be going to Greece than back to Italy.

So Dale came good again.

I am glad you got sorted, so much easier with the dogs.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
She's in the bad books this morning anyway as she's lost her collar and she made me lose one of my handmade leather Moroccan flip flops as I threw it at her and it landed in the sea and its been carried out on the tide... little shit
I can see easily how that was her fault 😂😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I think, when Spain eventually clamps down on wild camping, people will move to pastures new. Whether that's Greece, remains to be seen.

Your latest winter trip has left me with mixed feelings. Some no no places, and a few absolutely lovely.

I'm still happy with our lifestyle. Even owning an apartment in a Spanish holiday area, we're spending more time travelling in the motorhome. The time will come, eventually, when the apartment is useful.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
20240429_100136.jpg
20240429_103148.jpg
20240429_144405.jpg
20240429_145928.jpg

Nov 19, 2017
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta
Exp
Since 1989
Most dogs live a static lifestyle and know their local area because of familiar regular walks.
My friends dog knows his way to my house and often pulls my friend here.
My mind often wonders to what your dogs are thinking about as they have no local area. Where are we today boys, is it sea or them bloody hills again?
I know I sound like the ramblings of a madman but I love dogs, probably more than people! Good luck Tam

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Most dogs live a static lifestyle and know their local area because of familiar regular walks.
My mind often wonders to what your dogs are thinking about as they have no local area. Where are we today boys, is it sea or them bloody hills again?
I know I sound like the ramblings of a madman but I love dogs, probably more than people! Good luck Tam

I don't think that dogs think about where they are. These dogs have a great time, much better than the ones walked around the block on a lead in their local area.

Their "constant" in their life is Tam. If they're with him they're more than happy.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
They love exploring all the new places , new smells everywhere. Unfortunately they also spend most of their time scavenging picking up scraps etc that's the downside. But its good stimulant for them. And regardless of where we arrive they can always find their way back to the camper. Ela did it quite a few times last year when she got lost in Ireland and in Spain. She doesn't wander as much these days thankfully

Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat PVC
Exp
Since 1995
I worry sometimes about our dogs and scavenger trends. Poisonous bate can be laid, as we were told once in Italy.
Saying that they both like a pheasant leg/foot or a nice rabbit bone courtesy of a fox.
Its a very hard habit to stop if not impossible when not on a lead.
Also human shit is not good!
Keep on the lead near campers!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I worry sometimes about our dogs and scavenger trends. Poisonous bate can be laid, as we were told once in Italy.
Saying that they both like a pheasant leg/foot or a nice rabbit bone courtesy of a fox.
Its a very hard habit to stop if not impossible when not on a lead.
Also human shit is not good!
Keep on the lead near campers!
Yes it's a constant battle and the thing that causes most friction with me and my dogs. Some days I feel all I do is tell them off. But keeping them on a lead all the time is also no fun.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Yeah exactly. I couldn't phone from Turkey as it was data only I had and if course I entered Greece on Saturday and didn't want to phone at weekend. But I've used Dale for all my previous ferries to and from Greece and he's usually spot on. Navigating the Greek ferry websites isn't easy when trying to book dogs so it's easier getting him to do it. Surprised I got my preferred date to be honest but glad I did as that gives me 8 weeks in Greece then 4 weeks to work my way back to dieppe which is enough.

Glad to be back in Greece
My phone contract doesn’t allow any calls at all to non-uk numbers. I get around that by doing WhatsApp calls using data,

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
I’m not keen on the graffiti/murals, but I wouldn’t like the bare concrete either. You certainly found a great wildcamping spot there.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'm still waiting for the pic of you walking up Mount Olympus, if and old fart like me can do it you should be able to wizz up there. 🤣
Drove past it today on the long detour to avoid toll roads .. done a fair bit of miles today but we are now in thermoplye, its been 29° today so quite warm in the van...but as we arrived at thermoplye a big thunder storm started with torrential rain. So that's been an experience, sat in a deep pool at 39° water while getting a cold torrential shower ... it was actually lovely . Surprisingly a lot of campers here considering it's been so warm. I wouldn't have thought the thermal baths would be so popular in the warmer weather.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back