Million Pound Mega Motorhomes (3 Viewers)

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
I liked the overlander stove deffo on the birthday list!

Also the pop top on the race truck.

How could I build one of them!!

Cheers James

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
Agreed, the body movement was very scary. I‘m wondering where they are planning on taking it?
I imagine the body was on air bags with that amount of articulation. Looking at it I’d have pumped some more air in. The body can’t be rigid though but the bimobil trucks don’t move as much as that.

OP
OP
DMS

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
We've known Alan & Ann since the days of MHFacts, from 2005 onwards.

He organised a fishing match at lakes near Nuneaton, between Facts & Fun...........................but then brought in a ringer for his team, didn't you Alan DMS? :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock. :)
I don’t know what you mean jock 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
I drive the attached for a living (well not at the moment due to Covid) cost 650,000 euros to buy and convert inside. 16 bunks upstairs, large front lounge with widescreen tv, state of the art multimedia systems. Multiplex lighting throughout, Kitchen downstairs along with lounge area and toilet/shower 😎 6k inverters, static air con too!

View attachment 465921
Is that like Phoenix buses ?

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
So, the good news is that the presenter didn’t make us all sound like nerds who like to be in a tin box and sh*t in a bucket.

interesting to see some of the mega vehicles but I guess most of us have seen them before.

As to campsites and ‘social standing’ the LAST thing I want to be on is a campsite - it isn’t why I bought my vehicle. Pubs, France Passion, Aires and Wild. That is where the real enjoyment is for me. But each to his own.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Probably just cos I’m female but I liked the idea of the toilet the gadget guy mentioned. Converting waste to ash and only emptying once a week for a family of 4 - sounds great. Travelling as a solo would mean I would only have to empty once a month 😁. Not so keen on the price but if they want to see if they can fit one in a PVC I’ll be happy to critique it for them!!

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
A 3 part series? - I don't think its possible to spend even £500K on a motorhome made in britain? Its easy enough to spend 500Keuros but are there actually that many million quid ones in the world? - Big Vario, maybe , fully loaded STX ?
Maybe not in one go but if you buy a swift you could possibly spend that on damp repairs 😁 🤭

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Thought it might have been a program that I could send a link to family and friends to give then an idea of what motorhoming was all about - no.
For me two good good take outs; the toilet gadget was brilliant. And the removable steering wheel which outside of security would make swivelling the captains chairs around so much easier.
Personally I didn't think it was a good advert for Baileys Motorhomes, more about the conveyor belt build - the side panel installation and insulation looked a bit low tech from the snippet you saw.
We have stayed at Concierge Camping, a good site and convenient for Chichester and Goodwood. Stayed for New Year but unfortunately the bar on site was all closed that night - a bit like now!

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Million pound barges next week.
Thought they were represented well in last nights program! Yes hopefully Morello which for me is tip top.
Actually how did they spend over a year converting that Overlander with those bits of 2 x 1.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
At the time that piece was being filmed we used Concierge Camping as a base for a few days whilst Reliance was doing some work on our van. I had a good look at the RS both inside and out. Frankly I was not that impressed. Much of it was too Heath Robinson and some badly built.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
The overlanders are manufactured in the same yard as SAP who fit the jacks in Doncaster, I was admiring one when there last year.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
At the time that piece was being filmed we used Concierge Camping as a base for a few days whilst Reliance was doing some work on our van. I had a good look at the RS both inside and out. Frankly I was not that impressed. Much of it was too Heath Robinson and some badly built.

IMHO, my RS is really well screwed together and with quality materials used in its construction. Actually, it’s one of the things that has most impressed me about the vehicle. Reminds me of an old E30 BMW which I stripped to convert to a track car, that and the RS are just really well engineered and screwed together.

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
IMHO, my RS is really well screwed together and with quality materials used in its construction. Actually, it’s one of the things that has most impressed me about the vehicle. Reminds me of an old E30 BMW which I stripped to convert to a track car, that and the RS are just really well engineered and screwed together.
I'm pleased you like it and hope that you enjoy it but I was not that impressed and in a way I was disappointed. I was seriously looking to purchase one because of the slide-out and added space it provides and the weight being just under 7.5t, but that one put me off.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Agreed Martin, but the chassis was firmly on all wheels, whereas if the body hadn't been on suspension and top heavy, that would have been even scarier. :Eeek:

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Agreed but with so much movement of "the box" its CofG is moving outside of its normal position so surely that ultimately creates a tipping effect, a bit like a shifting load? I know these cabins have to be isolated from the chassis some how as the chassis twist but that was a bit mad I thought.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thought it might have been a program that I could send a link to family and friends to give then an idea of what motorhoming was all about - no.
For me two good good take outs; the toilet gadget was brilliant. And the removable steering wheel which outside of security would make swivelling the captains chairs around so much easier.
Personally I didn't think it was a good advert for Baileys Motorhomes, more about the conveyor belt build - the side panel installation and insulation looked a bit low tech from the snippet you saw.
We have stayed at Concierge Camping, a good site and convenient for Chichester and Goodwood. Stayed for New Year but unfortunately the bar on site was all closed that night - a bit like now!
That is actually the main reason for offering the removable steering wheel and yes it does make a big difference (y)

ItsEmily

Banned
Jan 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
A class
I'd be scared of spending my life savings on an RS motorhome, do you get a guarantee? They seem to go bust every five years, fleece suppliers, and like a phoenix, they rise again.

cowboys dana GIF by Kondzilla

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
I'm pleased you like it and hope that you enjoy it but I was not that impressed and in a way I was disappointed. I was seriously looking to purchase one because of the slide-out and added space it provides and the weight being just under 7.5t, but that one put me off.
That’s a shame. To be clear, I am talking about how well constructed it is ‘under the covers’ not the gloss and finish side.

When I’ve taken out panels, cupboards etc as part of fitting additional items, they are really very nicely built and put together. Screws torqued up nicely, all the carpentry marks on the framing, wiring correctly supported and well run, logical use of space, good fittings etc etc

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
That’s a shame. To be clear, I am talking about how well constructed it is ‘under the covers’ not the gloss and finish side.

When I’ve taken out panels, cupboards etc as part of fitting additional items, they are really very nicely built and put together. Screws torqued up nicely, all the carpentry marks on the framing, wiring correctly supported and well run, logical use of space, good fittings etc etc
I didn't get the chance to delve "under the covers". However, it is good that you are happy with your van but the one I saw was not for me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back