MH tax and insurance

adrenalinefx

Free Member
Jan 16, 2008
West Midlands
Funster No
Exp
since 2008....
New to this and planning to go away to France, Italy and Spain in June-December this year. Where's the best place to get good, fully comp insurance for MH?
Thanks

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
C Class Diesel RV
Exp
Since 1990
You can also look in our review section, there a a few listed there:Smile:

R

roger loiselle

Deleted User
New to this and planning to go away to France, Italy and Spain in June-December this year. Where's the best place to get good, fully comp insurance for MH?
Thanks
I am also new to this, after much research, I found SAGA offered brilliant cover at a reasonable cost. As far as tax is concerned, this can be done on-line but you have to choose a site address for reply and disc.

Nov 22, 2007
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido "A" Class, Mecedes
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Hi

Euro-recovery can be 1) expensive 2) un-obtainable. for anything over 3,5tonne.

If your insurer does not include it as "standard" (some do) try the C.C.C. Who`s "arrival" scheme will cover ANYTHING (more or less) for full european cover up to 90 days Single trip for £164-00 (plus membership of the C.C.C current £36-00p/a)

Check the Range however as some of the more recent additions to the E-U are not (yet)covered.

IF you go to the RAC independantly they will not quote OR may ask for a "silly" premium on a "comercial" recovery scheme.
pete

Last edited:

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
or...

jointhe C&C Club and get RAC cover at sensible rates (Arrival scheme) with no weight and height/weight restrictions :) Cost me less than £90 for a year.

Oh, and NFU are great with dealing with claims btw :(

Papa

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services