Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
The last 3 times I've tried to connect the nozzle I've struggled even with the help of the attendant, the last time after trying the attendant went away and came back with a very similar attachment with locked on straight away, can anyone tell me the difference and were I can get one. They where bought as a bag of 3 from gas it and the Portuguese one work OK.
IMG_20170630_125910.jpg

Ta

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Obvious difference here is the diameter of the hole, the smaller one is what she came back with but would that make a difference to locking on
IMG_20170630_125943.jpg
???

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I would try it at another filling station before I got another one as the pump you tried may have been worn or had a problem, saying that though if you can get another one fairly cheep then having one as backup would be good..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
I would try it at another filling station before I got another one as the pump you tried may have been worn or had a problem, saying that though if you can get another one fairly cheep then having one as backup would be good..
Thanks for the reply, it was 3 different garages.

Aug 5, 2012
Hitchin
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 644.
Exp
since 1970's
Hi I bought mine from Gasit and struggled the first time in Spain with it and some times with fillips in France.
As my Bottle is in the gas locker and a little high i make sure that i am not stretching to hold the filler and press the button at the same time and after a couple of goes it seemed to get better.You also said it was in the bag with kit, but I found I had three adapters but not a Spanish one,I had someone bring me one out that I ordered on line.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
There are two types of adaptor one with a non-return valve one without. Your filler point will have a built in non retiurn valve so you need a straight through adaptor but it shouldn't make any difference to locking on just safer to fill with one without the non-return valve as you don't get a build up of liquid gas between the 2 valves, also sometimes they won't fill with 2 valves.
If your adaptor has the valve you can drill of punch it out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back