Lowdhams & Lunar....A Warning (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Why would I have come across unreasonable did you not read the whole story?

Yes I have read the whole story.

If it ends up in court you will tell the judge they won't sort your issues, they'll produce their email to you offering to do just that and even offering to arrange to take it to the manufacturer for you. They'll then produce your email rejecting this perfectly fair and reasonable offer using somewhat sarcastic language.

As far as the judge will be concerned they've made an offer beyond what they're obliged to make and you've rejected it for no apparent good reason. You'll then have to attempt to explain yourself to the judge's satisfaction on that point only which I don't see you will be able to do. So it's taken them a year to get to this point? You've been through it all with 3 or 4 people? So what, the judge won't be interested especially when they come up with a plausible excuse for the delay. They're offering to do it now and you're refusing. That's the position you're going to find yourself in.

Another point is it makes not one jot of difference what you consider to be warranty work. As with any other type of vehicle there is a whole list of things that are excluded from the warranty - normal wear and tear and accidental or deliberate damage are some obvious examples. Whoever does the work the manufacturer has to authorise it or the workshop won't be paid so it's not at all unreasonable for them to wish to inspect the vehicle which will always be at their premises. Refusing to let them inspect it gives them reasonable grounds to not authorise any work.

I'm sorry but demanding that another workshop, more or less of your choice, be appointed and given free reign to to whatever you want them to do is unreasonable and no manufacturer would ever agree to such a thing.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
There is one very highly regarded dealer who I won't name that is currently booking warranty work in several months in advance.

Nothing unreasonable about that. Everyone understands, or should do anyway :whistle:, that they have a finite amount of workshop space and there are only so many hours in the day so you just have to wait your turn.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

mitrepooc

Banned
Apr 30, 2014
Funster No
Yes I have read the whole story.

If it ends up in court you will tell the judge they won't sort your issues, they'll produce their email to you offering to do just that and even offering to arrange to take it to the manufacturer for you. They'll then produce your email rejecting this perfectly fair and reasonable offer using somewhat sarcastic language.

As far as the judge will be concerned they've made an offer beyond what they're obliged to make and you've rejected it for no apparent good reason. You'll then have to attempt to explain yourself to the judge's satisfaction on that point only which I don't see you will be able to do. So it's taken them a year to get to this point? You've been through it all with 3 or 4 people? So what, the judge won't be interested especially when they come up with a plausible excuse for the delay. They're offering to do it now and you're refusing. That's the position you're going to find yourself in.

Another point is it makes not one jot of difference what you consider to be warranty work. As with any other type of vehicle there is a whole list of things that are excluded from the warranty - normal wear and tear and accidental or deliberate damage are some obvious examples. Whoever does the work the manufacturer has to authorise it or the workshop won't be paid so it's not at all unreasonable for them to wish to inspect the vehicle which will always be at their premises. Refusing to let them inspect it gives them reasonable grounds to not authorise any work.

I'm sorry but demanding that another workshop, more or less of your choice, be appointed and given free reign to to whatever you want them to do is unreasonable and no manufacturer would ever agree to such a thing.

The timing of the "olive branch" email isn't lost on me however it must taken in context, surely the judge would read that too?
Am I to understand that you believe i have to "put-up" & shut-up?
I work for the blue oval motor manufcturer i can take my Focus to ANY approved dealership & get it fixed, Lunars & Lowdhams whining about workshop space is not my concern goods being sold to me being fit for purpose & of merchantable quality does.

Cheers.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Sealed it for me with regards to sending my motorhome back to the factory.

It doesn't matter if they're even worse than that.

If you expect them to pay for the work it's not unreasonable for them to want to verify that what you are asking for is legitimate warranty work. If they decide that they won't authorise any dealer to do it and will only accept the warranty claim if they carry out the work themselves in their factory they are perfectly within their rights to do so. You have no choice in the matter.

I don't know what field you are or were in but the first thing you learn when dealing with the general public is that customers can't be trusted. I'm sure that's not the case with you but they don't know that, for all they know this could be damage you've caused and you're trying it on. I'm sure they've seen that before many times. Getting bolshy with them tends to raise that sort of flag as well.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
£15.40 an hour is a good deal, if it was me I would get price from them for all work to be done, yes that's probably what lowdhams want, but is this worth all the hassle for maybe a couple of hundred quid?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I work for the blue oval motor manufcturer i can take my Focus to ANY approved dealership & get it fixed, Lunars & Lowdhams whining about workshop space is not my concern goods being sold to me being fit for purpose & of merchantable quality does.

If Ford and their dealer network choose to work on those terms that's entirely up to them. If Lunar and their dealer network choose not to that's entirely up to them as well.

Unless I've missed a post you haven't detailed the issues on this thread but from "a few fairly minor issues with the habitation side mainly the furniture" in the OP to "goods being sold to me [not] being fit for purpose & of merchantable quality" is a hell of a big leap.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The timing of the "olive branch" email isn't lost on me however it must taken in context, surely the judge would read that too?

He might, he might not. If he does all they have to do is offer you something meaningless, 3 years free hab services or something like that. The judge will think they're being very reasonable and cooperative and if you don't accept the offer he'll think you're aren't.

The judge will be a very busy man or woman and won't want to waste any more time than strictly necessary on your (to them) trivial case. He'll want it sorted and you out of his sight as quickly as possible. If he gets it in to his head that you're the one standing in the way of that whilst the other side are cooperating then you'll swiftly lose any sympathy you might have had.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

mitrepooc

Banned
Apr 30, 2014
Funster No
It doesn't matter if they're even worse than that.

If you expect them to pay for the work it's not unreasonable for them to want to verify that what you are asking for is legitimate warranty work. If they decide that they won't authorise any dealer to do it and will only accept the warranty claim if they carry out the work themselves in their factory they are perfectly within their rights to do so. You have no choice in the matter.

I don't know what field you are or were in but the first thing you learn when dealing with the general public is that customers can't be trusted. I'm sure that's not the case with you but they don't know that, for all they know this could be damage you've caused and you're trying it on. I'm sure they've seen that before many times. Getting bolshy with them tends to raise that sort of flag as well.

I hate being taken for a mug I really do, can you not see why i'm getting bolshy?

Your answers i must admit are not to my liking perhaps you are right perhaps you are wrong can we agree to disagree?

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
I hate being taken for a mug I really do, can you not see why i'm getting bolshy?

Your answers i must admit are not to my liking perhaps you are right perhaps you are wrong can we agree to disagree?

Sometimes you just have to suck it up and get on with your life.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

Of course but getting bolshy is never the solution. It puts you at a disadvantage immediately because it will make everyone less inclined to go out of their way to help you.

Of course you don't like my answers, they aren't what you want to hear (y)

I do know that if a customer of mine came to me and said there's an issue with a product and they weren't prepared to let me inspect it and rectify it but instead wanted to get someone else to sort it and then me pay for it based on nothing more than their word they would get a two word answer (y)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Firstly, I'm not saying the dealer or manufacturer are without blame.
The problem of getting bolshy is that a third party (say judge) will look at both sides dispassionately and may view "bolshiness" as refusal to accept a viable resolution.
I too hate to be seemingly taken for a mug but some defendants may endeavour to get the plaintiff to adopt this stance as it perhaps could strengthen their case if it does go to an independent third party.
Dead easy for me to say but dispassionate may be a better stance for yourself?
Best of luck in getting an acceptable resolution.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

These guys have had no reviews yet? ;) An honest account of your dealings free of anger, speculation and exaggeration. Look forward to reading it :D

OP
OP
M

mitrepooc

Banned
Apr 30, 2014
Funster No
Firstly, I'm not saying the dealer or manufacturer are without blame.
The problem of getting bolshy is that a third party (say judge) will look at both sides dispassionately and may view "bolshiness" as refusal to accept a viable resolution.
I too hate to be seemingly taken for a mug but some defendants may endeavour to get the plaintiff to adopt this stance as it perhaps could strengthen their case if it does go to an independent third party.
Dead easy for me to say but dispassionate may be a better stance for yourself?
Best of luck in getting an acceptable resolution.

It seems that i have led to believe that i am refusing to let the dealer/manufacturer inspect, as mentioned previously i have sent them on three previous occasions a list of the problems the dimensions of the problems photos of the problems & videos of the problems now the dealer seems to wants to abrogate it's responsibility by shifting it to the maufacturer whom i've tried to deal with in the past without success.

It also seems that todays email i sent to Lowdhams negates ALL of the trials & tribulations of the last year.

I have tried to negotiate with these people they dangle the carrot & when you reach out you get clobbered with the stick

If anyones interested this is a link to my Google drive the contents of which have been sent to Lowdhams 3 times:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It seems that i have led to believe that i am refusing to let the dealer/manufacturer inspect, as mentioned previously i have sent them on three previous occasions a list of the problems the dimensions of the problems photos of the problems & videos of the problems now the dealer seems to wants to abrogate it's responsibility by shifting it to the maufacturer whom i've tried to deal with in the past without success.

It also seems that todays email i sent to Lowdhams negates ALL of the trials & tribulations of the last year.

I have tried to negotiate with these people they dangle the carrot & when you reach out you get clobbered with the stick

If anyones interested this is a link to my Google drive the contents of which have been sent to Lowdhams 3 times:

Even with you doing all that if they decide they want the vehicle back to the factory to inspect before they will proceed with a warranty claim that's entirely their prerogative. You just have to accept it if you want the work done as a warranty claim.

If it's a long way and the dealer was offering to arrange transport that was an offer to accept.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
calm down. you will give yourself a coranry at this rate, have a long weekend up the north west and thake it to lunar, smile at them, you will get much more done, then if your not happy go to court. its no real good whining about it on here, go, get it sorted (one way or another ) get on wih life.....

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Brownhills was the original supplying dealer, can't see how they could be of help.

Reading some of the other Lunar Landstar nightmares on here, one bloke being £1200 out of pocket in solicitors fees, a position i don't really want to be in however i feel i'm being tested here & probably have no choice in taking legal action.

Issue a small claims procedure against them. It costs very little and they have no choice but to answer or a judgement will be made against them

No matter how you feel I would not post anymore here until it's sorted.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I have just taken a few minutes to look through the photos.
Do theses show all the faults ?.
Don't know what is wrong with the toilet.
The trim around the window apertures is pretty much standard im afraid
The roof light looks like someone forgot to remove the protective film.
The table yes there is a issue
The lockers also look like they need attending to.
If this is all there is i would take a deep breath, and take Lowdhams up on thier offer with a 2 week time scale.

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Whether or not the Lunar factory is inept, if you let Lowdhams deal with it at their expense you have little to lose.
Telling them to stick it is a good a saying you are unreasonable should it end up legal and you may then lose some of your potential claim.
As I and @NickNic have said you are going to be wasting your time and money trying to convince a judge that you are in front of him or her because you cannot get the problems resolved.
They have offered to look at the issues and move forward with a resolution.
You should seriously consider getting some impartial legal advice before sending any other letters as reading your quotes they are not really helping your case.
I can understand your frustration but getting annoyed with them will not encourage them to see your point of view.

OP
OP
M

mitrepooc

Banned
Apr 30, 2014
Funster No
I have just taken a few minutes to look through the photos.
Do theses show all the faults ?.
Don't know what is wrong with the toilet.
The trim around the window apertures is pretty much standard im afraid
The roof light looks like someone forgot to remove the protective film.
The table yes there is a issue
The lockers also look like they need attending to.
If this is all there is i would take a deep breath, and take Lowdhams up on thier offer with a 2 week time scale.

Re: the toilet photo shows water ontop of the toilet from the leaking skylight......fixed by me, the fridge vents were reglued by Lowdhams the kitchen skylight plastic trim fixed by Lowhams now failed again.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Issue a small claims procedure against them. It costs very little and they have no choice but to answer or a judgement will be made against them

Issue a claim for what exactly?

Where exactly is the financial loss in this case?

I know the phrase "issue a small claims court claim against them" is used so often on here that it needs a keyboard shortcut but even by the standards of Fun suggesting it in this case makes even less sense than usual. (y)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

Just got home to decent internet so had a look at the pictures and I'm sorry to say a lot of the images show standard build quality for a British motorhome.

I'd put the Vernier away as well. Nothing on it will be built to a tight enough tolerance to make that necessary.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back