LifePO4 not made in China (PRC)? (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
In my quest to try to step back from the crowd funding of China, its proving incredibly difficult to buy Lithium batteries from anywhere else. American production seems limited to Tesla and when I search Czech products (I know they produce their own) I'm directed to GWL who are trying to sell me Winston which are made in PRC.

Does anyone have any ideas?

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Thanks. I cant find anything other than Netherlands on their website so have made an enquiry by email.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I have a Relion. Relion says “Egineered in the USA” but they are still made in China. If you can find one manufactured elsewhere it may well still contain cells that were made in China. I think South Korea also produces some LiFePO4 cells.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
In my quest to try to step back from the crowd funding of China, its proving incredibly difficult to buy Lithium batteries from anywhere else. American production seems limited to Tesla and when I search Czech products (I know they produce their own) I'm directed to GWL who are trying to sell me Winston which are made in PRC.

Does anyone have any ideas?
I think you will be very lucky to get a LiFePO4 made outside of China the moment as their patents have only just expired from what I understand.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Victron’s batteries with external bms are made with winston cells 100%. The later ones with integrated bms are suspected to be made with sinopoly cells. We will probably see this year LFP made outside China. They don’t have the monopoly patents anymore.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
China’s patents?

China doesn’t take much notice of other people’s patents 😉😊
Are you suggesting we ignore their patents then?

Moot point as they have just run out so expect to see LiFePO4 batteries made elsewhere now :)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I bought a ULTIMATRON LiFePO4 12.8V 180Ah LX Smart BMS Motorhome/Camper van battery sub seat. French company sold here in Spain, but think they are from LIONTRON in Germany, just rebadged.
The Management System (BMS) however is from China (googled it), but LiFePO4 battery bank is from Germany, I believe. Wish I had done it a few years back.

Very happy so far as can run inverter all day without worry about battery and charges really fast with B2B.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I thought nearly everything Victron sold was made in China,

Nope, certainly all the Victron MPPT chargers I have are made in Indian and my Victron IP22 main charger I believe was made in Indonesia.

1641984386070.png

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Our Victron solar is India I believe but I have seen Victron stuff made in China and that did put me off at first which is why I went with Votronic on the Flair, yes Lenny HB Votronic made Buttner stuff to their specification.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
China’s patents?

Not just patents. Read about the "Clone Wars" when Chinese manufacturers copied eg Honda's portable generators, small motorbikes etc, with disregard for Registered Design Rights. Even made the counterfeit engines look exactly the same. How cynical.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Not just patents. Read about the "Clone Wars" when Chinese manufacturers copied eg Honda's portable generators, small motorbikes etc, with disregard for Registered Design Rights. Even made the counterfeit engines look exactly the same. How cynical.

Guess where you can buy a Land Rover Freelander clone

Yep are friends in China

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Compare an Ebespacher Diesel Heater with a Chinese Copy equivalent and see if you spot any difference in the main burner assembly?
Then compare the price of both, make your purchase decision, then wrestle with your human rights conscience for ever:giggle:
I needed a new PC cooling fan for my Dell Laptop, there were no UK parts available as the whole thing is made in China, the same as every Apple product, they are all made under licence cheaper, so as to amass huge profits, same as many others.
They have us & the world on its knees, as we cannot compete on manufacture costs as they dont follow the same rules of engagement.
Its still our choice at the end of the day, or is it when you need a spare part?
LES

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
China’s patents?

I recently drove a Chinese built VW car. It had a slow puncture.

So I took out the 12v tyre inflator that had A cigar lighter plug on it.

Thing was, there were no cigar lighter sockets on the car, anywhere. When I took it back to the garage, they couldn’t find a socket.

Odd considering VW designed it.

It did have 4 Type C charging points though, two front, two back.

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Compare an Ebespacher Diesel Heater with a Chinese Copy equivalent and see if you spot any difference in the main burner assembly?
Then compare the price of both, make your purchase decision, then wrestle with your human rights conscience for ever:giggle:
I needed a new PC cooling fan for my Dell Laptop, there were no UK parts available as the whole thing is made in China, the same as every Apple product, they are all made under licence cheaper, so as to amass huge profits, same as many others.
They have us & the world on its knees, as we cannot compete on manufacture costs as they dont follow the same rules of engagement.
Its still our choice at the end of the day, or is it when you need a spare part?
LES
I would happily pay more for something not made in PRC.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If nobody takes action against China stealing patents and copyright..... That's what they're doing, stealing.....nothing will change.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back