LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
and a major rogering too. Lots of rest, lots of cushions.
1602440152214.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
seeing a few service bods on here and the thread being wildly of topic whilst lenny recovers maybe we can get an answer to something thyat we saw today
we were passed by what appears to be a civilian vehicle with the words RLC Bomb disposal on the back what does the rlc stand for i thou8ght bomb diSposal was RE

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Some people just can't resist posting spoilers...
It's like just because they have the knowledge, they can't resist imparting it to others - just to show how clever they are...
It's still worth watching Lenny HB
Hope you're not feeling too sore.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
In the same place we stopped over a week ago won't be going anywhere for a few days. Just moving the van 100 yds has knackered me.
If it is okay to stay there then have a good few days there to recover. If they gave you any then in the old saying. Keep taking the tablets.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
seeing a few service bods on here and the thread being wildly of topic whilst lenny recovers maybe we can get an answer to something thyat we saw today
we were passed by what appears to be a civilian vehicle with the words RLC Bomb disposal on the back what does the rlc stand for i thou8ght bomb diSposal was RE
PhilandMena gives the correct answer but they were formed relatively recently from several different corps and were known as the Really Large Corps as a result.

One of their anticedents was the Ordnance Corps who were the bit which did bomb disposal. They knew all about such things. Their badge was three cannons and three cannon balls which didn't fit the guns. :)

The Ordnance Corps were also known as the Rag and Oil Company as they also supplied those alongside toilet rolls and other essentials. :)

1602449976737.png

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If it is okay to stay there then have a good few days there to recover. If they gave you any then in the old saying. Keep taking the tablets.
... yes ... SUCK them this time Lenny! :rofl:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
How are you doing today Lenny?
Seeing as he's being 'quiet' I suspect he's still sucking his tablet! :rofl:

Sorry Lenny, couldn't resist! :*

Box Boy

Free Member
Jul 3, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Globecar Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2010
Hope my experience is of some help Lenny. The question of your previous blood test, my Gall stones were discovered after I complained of acute pain in my side! A Ultra sound scan found them. But it was a year earlier that I was rushed to A&E with a suspected heart attack. Given pain killers I was diagnosed with acute heart burn!. After a blood test and an X ray I was sent home. I had previously consulted my doctor with pains in my upper back and told it was muscle spasm. My doctor told me later that Gall stones are not picked up on X rays and the A&E did not pick up the signs of Inflammation of my gallbladder (acute cholecystitis). :cool:

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Just having my first beer for over a week tastes horrible, taste buds all to pot that's going to save some money.
Yeah, happened to me when I had open heart surgery 10 years ago. Combination of induced coma/intubation, anaesthetic and morphine (v. entertaining!) knackered my tastebuds. Then, all of a sudden everything returned to normal. Absolutely THE best tuna mayo sandwich in history!!! Epic!

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Just found out the flipping great horse pills vitamin D for my liver they gave me you are supposed to suck or chew.
They could have told me, I've been struggling to swallow them all week even broken into 4 I was struggling.
Yeah, I was given huge potassium tablets, about 20% bigger than an alfa seltzer but I had to chew them. Dried your mouth out like banana pith only more so. Ghastly. Still alive though, so result! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Yeah, I was given huge potassium tablets, about 20% bigger than an alfa seltzer but I had to chew them. Dried your mouth out like banana pith only more so. Ghastly. Still alive though, so result! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
I think they are meant to be dissolved in water just like alka seltzer?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back