Lenny's Heading for Germany (3 Viewers)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I'd have expected no less from you, Lenny. Made sure that you got full value for money from your EHIC before the end of the year 😄.

UK government advice is that EHIC for Brits will last beyond that if one is already on a trip on 31st Dec.

How does the hospital know when you started the trip?:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Its not all about you!!
I feel sorry for your wife. She has had an absolute shyte holiday. A lot of the time on her own worrying about you. Not knowing if the water/batteries And cassete will last!
she must of been living the dream!😩
She enjoyed being on her own once she had found somewhere to empty the cassette and like all sensible Motorhomers we carry a spare. She bought a shopping trolly bag in Woolworth and there was an Aldi 5 min walk she used for bottled water.
Worry about me, you must be joking, it was me that had the crap holiday she enjoyed it. Hospital told me to ring her after the op, I got a right earful for waking her up at 3 am.
When I was back in the van I was left to suffer while she went off for country walks. :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
IMG-20201031-WA0007.jpg

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Thank you for that. This is what I would try for 1-2 weeks and see if the percentage of SOC is in sync with voltage.

-Battery capacity 210ah, average 2,5% decay per year and a total of 10% derate; unless you do a capacity test, this is a fair average derate based on shallow cycling and low peak draw.
- charged voltage 14,1v with absorb set on all charging sources at 14,2v. Unless you have temperature compensating charging, you have no reason to move higher. If you set this any lower, it will trigger sync prematurely.
-discharge floor 50%
-tail current 1,5%, any higher will again trigger premature sync. It has to be low to account for low solar harvest.
-charged detection time 15 mins, you can increase this later if needed.
- charge efficiency factor 75%, this is because you shallow cycle and you are replacing most of the energy on the most inefficient stage:( absorb).
- peukert exponent 1.25, you can decrease this if soc estimation is smaller than voltage, and vice versa. But it’s a good middle ground for Pb since the effect is not linear, it is all dependable on rate of charge/discharge.
- current threshold 0.1a ,

Once you have all this dialled into the bmv, it should sync close to 100% soc. It will take more than one synchronisation to adjust its efficiency, and peukert effect, under various charging and discharging rates. The bmv will account for c20 to c100 load/charge, and will adjust accordingly it’s time to go, based on the rate.
Thanks Raul,
I had the discharge floor set at 25% as this appeared sensible for Gels. I'll probably leave the charged voltage at 14.6v as this will stop auto sync and manual sync is supposed to give better results (providing you remember to do it).

These were my settings, now I'm starting to feel better I will have a play over the next few days.

Screenshot_2020-11-05-12-17-56-62_30b6efbd53acd6f273baafa7ca03da38.jpg

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
At the doctors and the hospital just gave them my EHIC card.
When I got home did have a bill from the hospital for the part that wasn't covered, stays of less than 28 days they charge you €10 a day so €70, less than the insurance excess.

Frankly that's a bargain! You probably had about £5k or more in terms of examinations, treatments, tests, procedures, post op care and the hospital bed.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Just had a result.
As I only had a €70 hospital bill & €78 taxi fares I wasn't going to bother with a travel insurance claim as I didn't think they would pay the taxi fares anyway.
Just over a week ago I was tidying up some paperwork and came across travel insurance info noticed there was a bit that said Hospital benefit £50/day.

So I put in an online claim including the taxi fares, they have just paid me in full didn't even ask for receipts
£387 (£427 less £40 excess).:happy:

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
That’s a great result! Lenny which travel insurers did you use? Worthwhile knowing for our next trip (whenever that will be of course). 👍
Just the free one with our bank account Lloyds.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Well Done Lenny. Nice little bonus just before Christmas. I had a similar experience a few years ago, I broke my ankle whilst in France, tripped coming out of a shop in Anancy (clumsy ar** ).

Luckily I had my EHIC card with me, however there were lots of stuff not covered under the EHIC, I wont bother you with all the details, needless to say having read through the small print in the policy I thought I might get a few bob back if I'm lucky, anyway submitted a claim along with all the receipts and hey presto they (Red Pennant CMHC) paid the claim in full no arguments. Worth every penny of the policy.

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Especially as decent wine doesn’t come in 5litre boxes :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back