Learn to crochet? (21 Viewers)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
big map that looks like the same pattern shawl I used to knit, not got the patience now. My mum and aunts were forever knitting them. think all us children and grandchldren and great grandchildren had one. I had 2 for my firstborn, a fine one like the one in the photo and one done in double knitting wool. Had it for years, lost it in the last but 1 house move. they are absolutely beautiful.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Wow, golly gosh and well done.
I, like others have already mentioned, am in awe of the skill, patience and beauty of the work on here. I remain moderately pleased with myself for turning out tiny coin purses and the odd flower, maybe a beanie type hat and maybe a baby blanket... but I know where it fits in the hierarchy of “attention to detail” “complicatedness” (if that’s a word - it is now) And “perseverance”.
Ladies, you are an inspiration. I only restarted crochet when I saw this thread. I have about ten balls of white baby wool left over from the shawls I never completed for grand-twins in 2011. Still not sure what to do with it but I Used a bit of it to make a baby hat for a friend’s first grandson a couple of months ago - apparently the boy has worn it and everything. How satisfying is that!
The last completed shawl project I did was 20 years ago for granddaughter number one.
onward and upward,
this teacosy was made as a wedding gift to my parents, by my mother’s neighbour as part of a set. I have lost the tablecloth. No idea how these things vanish over years and housemoves. I have just washed it. Vintage tea stain still there lol.
There’s a lot of very Neat and tiny stitches there. The tablecloth had an 18inch border of crochet - a lot of work.

Attachments

• 6FA5241D-D63C-4ECE-B53E-62E2E26EFCE2.jpeg
    6FA5241D-D63C-4ECE-B53E-62E2E26EFCE2.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 27

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I like those especially the top one.

This is what I am working on at the moment using some Jaeger Pure Cotton from a charity shop. The yarn is a bit stiff though so not sure if it’s something else destined to be unravelled. Too posh for dish cloths!

Life is too short for shit makes ?

5A9D1444-E1BA-4A64-9953-A1D2870F356D.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Nothing spectacular, just a pair of socks. My boss has been clearing up the house. She got this set in Lidl. Interesting instructions though. The German makes sense, the English translation is total gobbledegook, obviously translated by someone who has no idea about knitting.
DSC01496.JPG

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Nothing spectacular, just a pair of socks. My boss has been clearing up the house. She got this set in Lidl. Interesting instructions though. The German makes sense, the English translation is total gobbledegook, obviously translated by someone who has no idea about knitting.
View attachment 390197

I love knitting socks. Once I am done with the counterpanes I am going to knit another pair of socks as a relaxation before starting something big.

I'm wearing socks I knitted myself today as it has turned chilly again.

Mrs Badknee

Funster
Oct 11, 2014
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Full time
Hi all , just been catching up on this thread and there has been some lovely projects.
I saw some comment about colours and what goes with what and I came across this chart that I have found useful and my be of help on here. Sorry if it’s been posted before!

D3A88528-9DF5-413E-ACD6-DAFB2E238B3B.jpeg

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hi all , just been catching up on this thread and there has been some lovely projects.
I saw some comment about colours and what goes with what and I came across this chart that I have found useful and my be of help on here. Sorry if it’s been posted before!

View attachment 391329
That is quite helpful

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer

View attachment 391329
Ooh don’t be sorry - thank you -

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
From Pinterest and for anyone into "free crochet" - the technique rather than free patterns I think!

You would need to be careful with colour choice but it might be possible to make an interesting garment if you managed to get the shape(s) correct. I have no desire to make this!

1590835983975.png
N

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Afternoon all. decided I needed to split one of the cushions in the doblo, cut easily with the carving knife all good, have kept the original cover and will put that back on when i decide to change. Have similar but not matching fabric I bought before lock down, measured up cut them out got sewing machine down. not used for a while.
Managed to break 2 needles, finally got it all sorted threaded up all ready to go then disaster struck.
The lever which you use to lift the foot is not working, feels like a spring might have gone. Have searched u.tube googled and all come back with stuff about changing the foot. I can do that :giggle: or could if I could lift the blooming foot.
Any suggestions ? Doesn't look to easy to open up the machine with out bu**ering things up either. Oh for my old singer, basic machine, but it was mum's and sister got there first. don't think she has ever sewn anything in her life. Know she started to make a drss when she was in her teens and mum and I finished it for her.
Oh well will put it away and use the ironing board for it's intended purpose and get back to my knitting

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
scotzsue It must be the cosmos! My daughter wanted an 18"square fabric box which she is going to stuff like a bean bag. (It is so her little dog can jump onto the bed :eek: ). I had the perfect piece of furnishing fabric in the right grey/blue colour and just managed to cut six pieces from it. Ah Ha says I - the perfect job for my newly acquired skills on the overlocker. Threaded up a colour in needle B; tested on a scrap of fabric, double thickness - perfect BUT BUT BUT as soon as I started on the actual seam the loops, stitches were all over the place. I went back to the sample and it did it again, so many loops I just couldn't waste time on it.

I threaded up the Bernina and was almost there when the foot pedal just stopped :banghead:

I then threaded up the old Husqvarna and finished the cube. It is now in a fat envelope, postage label attached and ready to post in the Diss post box. Clever Derek has stripped the foot pedal down and got it working but honestly why can't things be straightforward. Got to have a look at the overlocker again but not today.(n)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
snailtrailer as they say in Scotand if it's not snow it's midges. May ask John to have a look, was very tempted to have a go myself, bu if he does it and we need to get it fixed by a proper repairer it will be his call not mine ;):ROFLMAO:
I really enjoy taking thing to bits and trying to fix them, sometimes manage too, don't want him comng home to me sitting crying because I can't put it back together, like I did with my little bike i was less than four, beause it was the old house and summer and we moved when i was 4. dad couldn't stop laughing I got to spend a lot of time in the garage with him after that.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
snailtrailer as they say in Scotand if it's not snow it's midges. May ask John to have a look, was very tempted to have a go myself, bu if he does it and we need to get it fixed by a proper repairer it will be his call not mine ;):ROFLMAO:
I really enjoy taking thing to bits and trying to fix them, sometimes manage too, don't want him comng home to me sitting crying because I can't put it back together, like I did with my little bike i was less than four, beause it was the old house and summer and we moved when i was 4. dad couldn't stop laughing I got to spend a lot of time in the garage with him after that.

I have my traveling machine set up but not done much at all :(

I am doing a medical procedure at home with remote supervision (all food and diet related) that is usually done with hospital day visits - and it involves an awful lot of fiddly cooking and measuring - normally I am a handful of this and a pinch of that type of cook. I am (mostly) enjoying the food and am now two weeks through the six week plan. I have done a deep clean of my kitchen surfaces though.

In the evenings all I want to do is crochet or knit whilst watching tv.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back