Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Progress
however, I used to laugh to myself when my mother said she could not work black under electric light - i now know what she meant 🙄. Borders (black) will take a bit longer, but there is progress ... and colour !!!
Yay!
and Joy, it is all trebles and chains and double crochets... and a few wrongly counted bits and unravelling every now and again. It can be tough work counting to five.
76055E77-9773-4083-9DB6-4D07FF3623DD.jpeg

ps
look what my Nancy is making : how pretty ! They have little lights inside them and everything.
3D520552-581E-413A-BB6D-0643DA759474.jpeg

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Sus3v That is stunning - how big are you going?

Janine No message - just a blank screen. Have you nothing to say?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Progress
however, I used to laugh to myself when my mother said she could not work black under electric light - i now know what she meant 🙄. Borders (black) will take a bit longer, but there is progress ... and colour !!!
Yay!
and Joy, it is all trebles and chains and double crochets... and a few wrongly counted bits and unravelling every now and again. It can be tough work counting to five.View attachment 406017
ps
look what my Nancy is making : how pretty ! They have little lights inside them and everything.
View attachment 406018

OMG.... Soooo. Loving those items... Both the crochet and the LOVE. Beautiful.

Really really really love them.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Sus3v That is stunning - how big are you going?

Janine No message - just a blank screen. Have you nothing to say?
No idea ! Lots of yarn waiting, and I’ve found a new idea to make it more flowery - Pinterest has a lot to answer for 😊 - same pattern different colours -
3D23F474-A101-4582-B009-171DC7E7270A.png
- see picture not my work - and it’s keeping me quiet- lol

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
No idea ! Lots of yarn waiting, and I’ve found a new idea to make it more flowery - Pinterest has a lot to answer for 😊 - same pattern different colours -View attachment 406159- see picture not my work - and it’s keeping me quiet- lol
I love that! Do you have a link to the pattern, please? I am struggling to make anything at the moment :(

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Afternoon all,

I am having a doodle frenzy at the moment and channeling my inner 7 year old. Finding it very therapeutic 😊 Love the process of drawing it and black and then colouring

Here’s a (not very good) picture of the bikini top I made for my Sis, it was the first bit of made to measure crochet I had done and it fits well. I am trying to make a top (full coverage not bikini ha ha) for myself but it takes a long time to make the required size 😝

9DF00740-6B61-4929-BCC1-580383A76D5B.jpeg

59A61A9C-C322-4FB6-8EC2-A3F3B887510D.jpeg

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
I love that! Do you have a link to the pattern, please? I am struggling to make anything at the moment :(
its a funny time - I have struggled to do any artwork but am crocheting instead, rather than ‘as well as’ at the moment.
frida’s flowers - free pattern on the Stylecraft site, lots of project photos on Ravelry. And many many examples on Pinterest. But try not to waste whole days pinteresting - lol

i started off following the pattern but have got waylaid by thinking about using different colour ways and extra flowers and generally thinking I know best - which sometimes works out well, and sometimes .... less so 😊
mysteriously, my favourite patch is the one that I didn’t like in any of the photos (The middle one)

<Broken link removed>
<Broken link removed>

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Sus3v , sorry to hear the muse has gone on holiday for a while, hope she'll return soon. It's been the other way round with me, all art no crochet. But work has taken over now which is hard because I am still buzzing with things I'd like to do. But I do need the money. Just hope the muse won't have left when I have more time again, she can be a bit temperamental. Doing a lot more crochet again now as that fits in between toilet block checks.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Sus3v I must resist! I must resist! If I get hooked on Stylecraft (I did have a peek) and Pinterest I won't get anything done. Incidently, does frida's flowers work with different yarns (ie scraps) or do you have to buy the same make to get consistency?

To have a break from crochet I have been making a dog coat from pullover leftovers. The yarn doesn't match any tension sample of any patterns I have so I am making it up as I go along. It has become a hoodie because I couldn't work out how I was going to get a polo neck over the dog's head. As it is he wriggles while I'm trying to poke his legs through the holes.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Sus3v , sorry to hear the muse has gone on holiday for a while, hope she'll return soon. It's been the other way round with me, all art no crochet. But work has taken over now which is hard because I am still buzzing with things I'd like to do. But I do need the money. Just hope the muse won't have left when I have more time again, she can be a bit temperamental. Doing a lot more crochet again now as that fits in between toilet block checks.
yup, the muse is fickle!
i am a retired person, so that helps 😊👵🏼
for me, crochet is easier to start-stop, pick up and restart - artwork not So much. I have restarted doing little scribblings in my sketchbook but they are neither satisfying nor noteworthy. However, owt’s better than nowt.
i am off to Devon in August, and wonder if I shall be near enough ( and would it suit you) to wave to each other and share a suitably distanced exchange of ideas ?
In the meantime, hope the sun shines on your endeavours 😃

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Sus3v I must resist! I must resist! If I get hooked on Stylecraft (I did have a peek) and Pinterest I won't get anything done. Incidently, does frida's flowers work with different yarns (ie scraps) or do you have to buy the same make to get consistency?

To have a break from crochet I have been making a dog coat from pullover leftovers. The yarn doesn't match any tension sample of any patterns I have so I am making it up as I go along. It has become a hoodie because I couldn't work out how I was going to get a polo neck over the dog's head. As it is he wriggles while I'm trying to poke his legs through the holes.
Teehee! I resisted for ages, but kept looking at the blankets people had made with the pattern. (Free my favourite price). I made a few little things, but got fed up with Fiddling about with casting on lots of little legs. In the end I purchased a random selection of colours from a Love Crafts sale day Paintbox simply DK (not cotton). I then dithered and grumbled about not knowing what to do with the colours, listened to replies I got (on here) and launched into Frida’s flowers. “Just get on with it” has worked well. I have used the same DK weight throughout - it looks good to me - the Stylecraft yarns would have been more expensive. I have a sneaky feeling my production may behave unexpectedly when washed, because to remain consistent, my tension leans to loose rather than tight.
I have branched out to make a Few in a completely different colour way, but it looks wrong! And they will become a bag at some future point in time.
the free Stylecraft crochet patterns are very enticing. I don’t knit. my current “thinking about it” project is to make a crochet novelty Teacosy. With a posy of flowers on the top. Not sure what I would do with it though - lol - Ken doesn’t drink tea and a whole pot is too much.

Wriggly dogs remind me of the first vest I crocheted for a baby - I failed to read the overlap at the neck properly and ended up with a super little age 3-6 months vest with a neck opening of approximately three inches. How did I not notice - I often wonder 😊 yes I did unravel, re-read and succeed.
the flower blanket is for the van To liven up the dreary beige back seat backs.

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Sus3v I'm between Honiton and Cullompton. I have Thursdays off.
The reason I have picked up crochet again is for exactly the same reason: easy to pick up and put down. I hope I will get used to my odd days and manage to fit in some drawing and painting. Did some of the exercises from my new Nathan Fowkes book this morning between toilet block checks.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Sus3v I'm between Honiton and Cullompton. I have Thursdays off.
The reason I have picked up crochet again is for exactly the same reason: easy to pick up and put down. I hope I will get used to my odd days and manage to fit in some drawing and painting. Did some of the exercises from my new Nathan Fowkes book this morning between toilet block checks.
Ooh ! I will find out from my daughter when I am expected to be there - they book the spot and I turn up on the day. they will book Parkers farm at Ashburton - but you cannot be far from the M5 so there is hope 🙋🏻‍♀️ On the way there or back, or even a Thursday excursion (I am there to dog sit rather than join in on this occasion) they are house hunting.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I staved off boredom with finishing a knitted jumper for the winter, Tatting some patterns for mum-in-law, making a lot of Micro Macrame bracelets etc. which I gave to the lovely ladies of the close where we are staying in Lockdown, then I took the plunge and opened up my Teddy Bear and gave him a new push ‘squeaker’, a bit more stuffing and patched some worn out areas, (I saved myself about £80 doing that!
I have to admit that I haven’t actually Crocheted anything!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I just have sleeves to finish off on my new winter jumper. Then I can get back to the bed covers ..... 15 of the blocks have been pinned out and stretched, 2 are pinned out now and 13 to go. There should be 15 blocks in each cover and I need to spend time on You Tube before I decide how to join the finished blocks.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Go on - you know you want to........ 🤣

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Go on - you know you want to........ 🤣

Yes, I do :)

And I have printed out the simplified pattern . If you do make it then read the instructions as seam allowances are not included on the pattern. I am not going to put the plastic eye pieces in but will bind the eye holes - or maybe bag out. I will let you know how I get on

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I made the plague mask .... not up to standard and the eye holes are a pita if you wear glasses. So I am thinking I might alter the pattern and shape it to eliminate the eye holes but still make it come up over the bridge of the nose.

Having the long beak does help with breathing and because it is stiffened with vilene it keeps it's shape and is well away from the mouth and the nose. It is also a close fit where it needs to be.

I did think about adding ears to make it look like an elephant or an ant-eater. lol

I have a blood test tomorrow so might get one finished tonight and be able to wear the mask when I go out!!!!!!

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
I made the plague mask .... not up to standard and the eye holes are a pita if you wear glasses. So I am thinking I might alter the pattern and shape it to eliminate the eye holes but still make it come up over the bridge of the nose.

Having the long beak does help with breathing and because it is stiffened with vilene it keeps it's shape and is well away from the mouth and the nose. It is also a close fit where it needs to be.

I did think about adding ears to make it look like an elephant or an ant-eater. lol

I have a blood test tomorrow so might get one finished tonight and be able to wear the mask when I go out!!!!!!
Photo?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
IMG_1431.JPG

I had a blood test this morning and the mask was admired :) Also called in at a small shop (no one else inside) and the clerk called her Mum to come and have a look :)

I'm thinking the next one should be orange and black so it really looks like a bird's beak! It's a really good fit all round the face, under the eyes and across the nose and under the chin. That one has 3 layers (2 of cotton and a vilene layer) but i could add a second vilene layer. It does still make you hot when you wear it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back