LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
I entirely forgot why I came back to this thread, after having a total mental blockage on knitting and crochet, and hating the sight of it in the bags and boxes, I've finally got my head back on.

I'm still not back to normal and think it will take a month or more to be able to go upstairs without having to really concentrate and push myself, but its a work in progress.

I have been thinking about making a cardigan, its hard to find exactly what I want as I'm a plus size, a v-neck with buttons up the front, long sleeve, a reasonable length but not short and boxy or very long, comfortable fit but not baggy or tight, mostly plain but with some interest, and definitely not black!

So, I've decided on this one:

and done in the yarn they say, and colour peacock blue

If I like it a lot then I'll make another in ruby red colour.

However, I'm not going anywhere near circular needles and shall just make it in pieces for the fronts and back, and also not knit "in the round" for the sleeves.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
My Mum took a folding chair so she could sit down as she was waiting in queues.
That's a good idea,

My Mum is 89 and should not be going out to stand in queues in all weathers. She doesn't like the contents of the food parcels :( and says that the supermarket delivered items are not fresh (which I can understand having had lots of items on or beyond sell by dates).

thank you.
Well I have taken your advice and made this. At least I persevered beyond row 8!
I shall make a cot/pram blanket or two with some of the other pastel colours, but maybe not that pattern I shall look at the Celtic knot pattern.
maybe I should stick to using the colour changing yarns then I can’t go wrong ?
View attachment 388940

It's lovely and the bi-colour looks smart. You will get a completely different look if you reverse the colours :)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I entirely forgot why I came back to this thread, after having a total mental blockage on knitting and crochet, and hating the sight of it in the bags and boxes, I've finally got my head back on.

I'm still not back to normal and think it will take a month or more to be able to go upstairs without having to really concentrate and push myself, but its a work in progress.

I have been thinking about making a cardigan, its hard to find exactly what I want as I'm a plus size, a v-neck with buttons up the front, long sleeve, a reasonable length but not short and boxy or very long, comfortable fit but not baggy or tight, mostly plain but with some interest, and definitely not black!

So, I've decided on this one:

and done in the yarn they say, and colour peacock blue

If I like it a lot then I'll make another in ruby red colour.

However, I'm not going anywhere near circular needles and shall just make it in pieces for the fronts and back, and also not knit "in the round" for the sleeves.

Don't push yourself to go too far nor too fast. It is not a race and rather a slow and steady recovery than a bit set back ........ please?

I am a fan of garn studios / drops designs and love knitting in the round. I will make two sleeves at the same time on one circular needle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
Has anyone tried mosaic crochet? It looks really difficult but looking at some YouTube videos it only uses a double and treble.
2262C49E-64B3-4FE7-ACAE-F8132F9A7BF6.jpeg

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Don't push yourself to go too far nor too fast. It is not a race and rather a slow and steady recovery than a bit set back ........ please?
I'm being very careful, I'm increasing my average weekly steps by 500 a week, yesterday we went for a longer walk than originally planned and I was able to sit down on a bench half way round for a rest overlooking a nice pond while Mark took some photos of the pond. 22 minutes for the total walking time.

I'm going to start having a slow stroll in some local woods from today because I need something more than I'm able to do at home with just chores etc (phone in pocket all the time to record steps). I hit my 3k target - the lowest the app would let me put - only twice last week, but averaged 2.8k a day over the week.

I've been out of hospital for 6 weeks now, and happy with my progress. Makes me wonder how much the covid-19 patients have deteriorated as I was only actually ill for the first few days and then was totally bedbound with leg issues, very uncomfortable most of the time rather than painful although I couldn't put them down on the floor for the first 2 weeks, and even then we're talking seconds not minutes!

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
double snap!

In my head they look great, and in reality they just look wrong!
... or sickly or babyish or hippyfied or silly or naff or ... yeah ... wrong ... glad I am not alone ?
I even think about it and consider complementary colours which look grand online.
maybe I should look at nature - see what is there and how the colours work. Or just use one colour ?. Keep trying, eh!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I have found inspiration for my next project !! I will make something similar, yoked and in the round - possibly with a pattern from my book of Japanese knitting patterns.It will probably be Aran weight, not sure if I will make a jacket or a sweater but I love the way the pattern works on this:

1589885014876.png

I already have the yarn bought last November :)

It will be a while though as I have my counterpane to finish and they are going slowly .......... I'm even considering finishing a few squares rather than having 30 squares all at the same stage. I am concerned about getting the yarn correct though as I am buying more yarn as I need it and the dye batches do change. That doesn't matter if all round (say) 20 is white dye batch 15 followed by orange dye batch 50 followed by white dye batch 78 as by the time I get to the end all the squares will have the same dye batch next to each other and the slight variation won't stand out.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I have found inspiration for my next project !! I will make something similar, yoked and in the round - possibly with a pattern from my book of Japanese knitting patterns.It will probably be Aran weight, not sure if I will make a jacket or a sweater but I love the way the pattern works on this:

View attachment 389230

I already have the yarn bought last November :)

It will be a while though as I have my counterpane to finish and they are going slowly .......... I'm even considering finishing a few squares rather than having 30 squares all at the same stage. I am concerned about getting the yarn correct though as I am buying more yarn as I need it and the dye batches do change. That doesn't matter if all round (say) 20 is white dye batch 15 followed by orange dye batch 50 followed by white dye batch 78 as by the time I get to the end all the squares will have the same dye batch next to each other and the slight variation won't stand out.

I'm just amazed...

We have some really really talented people on here.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
My latest lockdown creation.
I had a large ball of Aran weight yarn from a charity shop which I knitted into a jacket but it didn’t hang right so I unraveled it.
I then knitted it into a jumper but it was too big so I unraveled it.
3rd attempt- I am quite happy with! Lovely 4-row easy pattern ?

4D1BABED-1195-4409-A604-96C996D1F803.jpeg

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
So pleased he loves it as you made it with much love for him .

Hope you sort you meds out ASAP Helen.

Me too - I start a new regime on Thursday so will see how that goes.

Here is another jacket I found - not sure I have the patience for this one but if I started with a commercially produced plain garment it might be fun to embroider it.

1589885824025.png

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Me too - I start a new regime on Thursday so will see how that goes.

Here is another jacket I found - not sure I have the patience for this one but if I started with a commercially produced plain garment it might be fun to embroider it.

View attachment 389243

I am gobsmacked!

Carol have you seen the items on this thread lately? I am so full of admiration for you all.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I’m sorry I love to read this thread although I can’t knit crochet or sew but love to see the amazing things you all create and share and as it’s Joys Birthday thought we could have cake and tea!!
Happy Birthday to the loveliest kindness funster!
AD8A584C-A87C-412A-ACEE-1138E462D35A.jpeg
05509FA9-B1BE-440E-8A45-1BF123B03063.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back