just bought our first motorhome (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
I've recently bought my camper and needed to find smaller format stuff than I had with the carvan. I've very pleased with the collapsible kettle I bought for when off grid. https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/16000922/outwell-collaps-kettle-25-litre-16000922. Good job I did get it because the drawers turned out to be a bit shallower than I remembered on viewing the van first time. Good review made me chose this over others which were silicon all way up and prone to collapsing when using.

Upvote 0
May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Hi
Just bought our first motorhome need kettle toaster and new radio and small tv any advice on what to buy would be appreciated thanks
Forget the TV. Use your tablet/laptop and get the TV via your internet. Surprisingly cheap now and good reception almost everywhere.

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I don’t think I have read what electrical spec the OP’s van is, I thought that would be the starting point before offering advice re low wattage kettles etc etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
You may want to think about not using a kettle:sneaky: We try to see if stuff can have at least 2 uses so use the saucepan for boiling water. Served us well for over 30 years motorhoming - and I do like my tea made with fully boiling water.
Sue

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Look on gumtree for 2nd hand portable lcd TV...then check the power cables , many are 240v but have a transformer in the cable and the TV is actually 12v .. I've bought at least 5 of these now second hand. The current one is a logic brand I paid £15 for .. 19" with built in dvd. Bought a 12v cable for it off ebay £6

I'd not bother with an electric kettle the gas ones boil quicker and use very little gas .

If you have a grill you also don't need a toaster. Don't be tempted to.buy loads of stuff you don't actually need

Upvote 0

RYHALLRED

Free Member
Oct 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Fiat Elddis CV40
I've recently bought my camper and needed to find smaller format stuff than I had with the carvan. I've very pleased with the collapsible kettle I bought for when off grid. https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/16000922/outwell-collaps-kettle-25-litre-16000922. Good job I did get it because the drawers turned out to be a bit shallower than I remembered on viewing the van first time. Good review made me chose this over others which were silicon all way up and prone to collapsing when using.
Silicone will also degrade over time. A metal kettle can last decades.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back