Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I love Italy and enjoying stay here except weather near Venice today, raining
But everywhere I've been recycling bins are all filled with mixed waste, no attempt to separate. Even town bins that locals must use not just campsite bins.
Also, when manouvering with hazards on, why do Italian drivers think it's ok to try and dodge around ?
And, why do continentals carry their washing up 200 yards to the campsite facilities instead of using sink in motorhome or caravan.

Just observations........

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Wasn't it Prince Philip who said "Italians? Horrible slanty eyes. Oh no, that's italics sorry......"

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
It's Italy,not UK,do as they do,in the UK your lucky to find a bin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
But everywhere I've been recycling bins are all filled with mixed waste, no attempt to separate. Even town bins that locals must use not just campsite bins.
Also, when manouvering with hazards on, why do Italian drivers think it's ok to try and dodge around ?
And, why do continentals carry their washing up 200 yards to the campsite facilities instead of using sink in motorhome or caravan.

Italians are social beings, taking their washing up gives them time to have a chat while washing up. I'm not Italian but I treat washing up as a social event. Give it a try, you might find out a few things like why they don't separate their waste...;)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
B

Not just continentals, saves bits of food going into waste tank and ponging, plenty of on tap hot water (ours only heats on gas so saves fuel) as ofeten the only female at the washing up sink have some good conversations. Instructions say not to put pasta water or rice water down the sink either (van) so it all goes in my big green bucket.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
You think you've had rain in Venice?? We're parked in lake sorry campsite at Pineto near Pescara. It is Peeeeeeeeeeeing down.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
You think you've had rain in Venice?? We're parked in lake sorry campsite at Pineto near Pescara. It is Peeeeeeeeeeeing down.

Oops, sorry about that Derek (for other Funsters we left there this morning).

But we didn't half have a real cloudburst this afternoon near Rimini, it flooded and almost stopped the autostrada, cars and lorries trying to huddle under the bridges etc. Got a bit scary for a while.

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015

The vans doing us proud though Derek, still going strong, just had to have a headlight bulb replaced today though !

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

All of the above are done by British people as well, especially the last one.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Rain ? We were (or were trying) to have a look round cortina d'amprezzo and it peed down all day. Finally gave up having parked in the pedestrian zone as the only available place to see the tourist information who said "you are only allowed to park at this expensive camping place or this extortionate one"
no information on anywhere to park in the region. Unlike the fruilli region where TO were very helpful. Decided this region were unworthy of my money so ended up at my friends in polcenigo and as soon as you come off the mountain italy turned into a lovely place again (without rain)

I m sure that part of Italy is lovely in the nice weather but they won't be seeing my lira ever again. Weather will be hitting 30 for next 3 days.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
The vans doing us proud though Derek, still going strong, just had to have a headlight bulb replaced today though !
Nice to hear that, but I had no doubts, safe travells and always get someone else to change headlight bulbs

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We've departed Italy today on our way home -still got a few days to enjoy the trip though.

Have to say that we've had a super time, really enjoyed the country and are determined to come back for more. Think we tried to do too much "culture" all in one go so bear that in mind. We found the Italians were friendly and helpful everywhere, and most of them spoke English too; English seems to be the second language and many signs are in English as well as Italian. Their driving was a bit mixed, manic in the cities but no problem elsewhere.

As for the roads, well we've been on worse and if you understand that Italy is basically penniless we've not been too surprised. But it's definitely worth using the toll autostradas if going any distance, the "main" roads can be decidedly mixed condition! Next time we'll get a Telepass too, saves time and messing about.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back