Is this as good as it seems? EU roaming included. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Does anyone know if the global sim is an extra £10 per month or just an extra £10 for the sim. I think I might get the £4 a month data only sim but up it to the 100g or 200g when we are away in the van.
I was thinking of doing the same Sonja, but after reading all the posts following yours, I'll hang on a bit yet. ;)

It’s been on all day. Connects to the network no problem, just no data.
A couple of times I had that problem with my Popit sim card, but when transferred to my phone, it seemed to reset itself, so transferred back to the MiFi, and all was fine for a few more days.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
I had hoped putting the SIM card in my phone would boot it into action but no go. I have full bars of signal but no mobile data at all.
These things happen, but the total lack of comms from RWG since Thursday about the issue is very poor form. As I mentioned earlier, they were very quick to reply when enquiring about the card initially

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I had hoped putting the SIM card in my phone would boot it into action but no go. I have full bars of signal but no mobile data at all.
These things happen, but the total lack of comms from RWG since Thursday about the issue is very poor form. As I mentioned earlier, they were very quick to reply when enquiring about the card initially
I had this problem with a Lebara sim. It was solved when I changed the settings.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I have thé global SIM but can’t get online 😞

Customer service were nice and quick when I was enquiring before buying, but not so sharp now….

I have it in a new Mifi unit (TP link 7350), it’s connecting wifi and network etc all ok but no internet connection.
I’ve tried the APN as suggested on the website (ion.otm) and the one from the SIM card packaging (everywhere).

Anyone see what’s going wrong pls?

View attachment 744610 View attachment 744611 View attachment 744612
I know very little. Looking at your pictures it is only showing 3g and an x by the globe. Also showing as on EE network.I would think that the roaming isn't turned on. Also is there a different setting than static? Maybe try the APN settings for EE?

Last edited:

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
Thanks Sonja. Roaming is showing on, apparently it’s the R beside the globe. I haven’t been able to find what the globe is supposed to mean.

After the sim was activated, I got an sms from NOW mobile. I’m thinking they’ve sent me a wrong sim.
I’ve tried apn for EE, NOW and anything else I could find.
6E83A0D4-F505-4192-83D6-22D9A9D43199.png
6B297DE1-AA72-4950-9840-EC94CD773FAB.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Back in France now by a lake near a small village 40 miles south west of Bordeaux, in the middle of nowhere no big towns in the area.

I'm getting 95 mb/s never seen speeds that high anywhere before.

Thinking about my problems with the Mifi maybe down to it logging onto a different band on the mast to my phone. Might try it again here as it is a pain relying on a phone hot-spot.

Anyone know with the Teltonika routers if you have the option of selecting the band if the mast is transmitting more than one.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Lenny, have a look at https://www.cellmapper.net/Index which shows the cell tower locations and the bands that they transmit, the direction they transmit to.

This is the online version, you can scroll the map to the county and location you want and then choose the provider you want to view.

Here is the Android app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cellmapper.net.cellmapper&hl=en&gl=US

Guaranteed hours of amusement and pleasure for you. (y) :giggle:
Thanks I'll give it a try, I have Mastdata on my phone.

carl2

Free Member
Apr 25, 2023
Funster No
MH
Ducato
Here's my global sim that arrived, match yours to this unless both of yours are identical to each other.

View attachment 744910
Our 200GB Global data SIM arrived and is the same as Two on Tour

Good news - they delivered the SIM to Portugal. Took one week to arrive.

Is not working 'out of the box'. Tried SIM in iPhone and router (Netgear Aircard 810S).

Have sent an email to activate.

Also keen to confirm it is definitely a 'data only' SIM. Will update :)

Eloceo

Free Member
Feb 18, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T690
Exp
3 years
Lake Bled, Slovenia. 200Gb phone sim, tethered hotspot 16.6 Mbps download. Telemech network connection. No issues so far in Belgium, Germany, Austria or Slovenia.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks Sonja. Roaming is showing on, apparently it’s the R beside the globe. I haven’t been able to find what the globe is supposed to mean.

After the sim was activated, I got an sms from NOW mobile. I’m thinking they’ve sent me a wrong sim.
I’ve tried apn for EE, NOW and anything else I could find.
View attachment 745179View attachment 745178
Looks like your on airplane mode at the moment. Not sure if it was like that before? See if you can turn it off.

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
Looks like your on airplane mode at the moment. Not sure if it was like that before? See if you can turn it off.
That’s just the phone on airplane mode, not the Mifi unit. Have also tried with it off on the phone. Thanks though

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Done that too, email back yesterday confirming was activated.

Pretty hacked off with RWG now. I’m in France eating through my meagre roaming allowance with Three while this mob have had my £28 and won’t even answer emails since yesterday afternoon. The MiFi unit is fine - it works with my phone sim.
I was initially disappointed here in France and at one point was getting 1mbps on my laptop. I just left it in and after a while it just shot up to 66mbps. Haven't a clue what happened but been great for last few days.

Sep 23, 2021
Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
>8 years in T5
I seem to be having the same problems as you and No response since Thursday from RWG 😡

Sep 17, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker RB
Exp
Since 2014
Currently in a campsite just outside of Sintra, west of Lisbon and speed in MIFI is 8mps. Just for info.. we streamed a movie on Netflix last night, at our previous stop with no problems at all.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Changed to ID mobile from 3 at the end of last year so first time roaming with it, I have unlimited data and calls for £18 pm. Today I watched the Scottish cup semi final live through my firestick and using phone as hotspot, no issue at all and also watched film on prime last night.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Changed to ID mobile from 3 at the end of last year so first time roaming with it, I have unlimited data and calls for £18 pm. Today I watched the Scottish cup semi final live through my firestick and using phone as hotspot, no issue at all and also watched film on prime last night.
I thought I'd mobile was on Three and limited to 12gb roaming.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I thought I'd mobile was on Three and limited to 12gb roaming.
Below is the text I received from them, if you read their T&C it says you must use your phone more in U.K. than roaming over 4 month period

IMG_9326.png

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
ID mobile have this weird thing where your roaming limit is based on how much you pay / month.
It’s pretty tight though. If you have the unlimited data sim for £20/month; the fair usage for roaming is just 15.44 gb.

1682924814668.png
1682924814668.png

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well I have mine capped so I can only spend £5 over my bill and so far I’ve used 90gb and checked my account and no extra charges, also their fair usage policy states this.
IMG_9327.png

tee_cee

Free Member
May 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
Selfbuild
Done that too, email back yesterday confirming was activated.

Pretty hacked off with RWG now. I’m in France eating through my meagre roaming allowance with Three while this mob have had my £28 and won’t even answer emails since yesterday afternoon. The MiFi unit is fine - it works with my phone sim.
Hi, I've been following this thread for a week or two, since I decided to buy two global sims - one 5yr for a tracker and and a 200gb data sim.
Last week I activated the data sim first, and it worked straight away with default everywhere apn. With the second sim, I could see, before activation that it would connect to Now (EE) and show a 3g/4g connection, but as expected no data transfer.
Now a soon as this 200gb sim was activated yesterday, it was still registered on Now (EE) but there was no 3g/4g connection, SMS would not work, though phone calls would return a voice message and the *669# would return zero balance.
So I've had a few responses back from support, but all say the same thing, "try in another device", despite previous emails stating that I had done exactly that 2 phones and a 4g modem. In the mean time the working sim in my tracker, stopped working around the time of the activation of the second sim.
Of course I'm off to France tomorrow, so not great.
I'll update with any progress.
t

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1995 + 20Yrs a 'Tugger' first.
I bought the 2 Year Global Sim with 2Gb of data per month for £45. This is to keep my Raspberry Pi running with the Venus software monitoring the leisure electrics. I am about to go to France next week so intend to purchase an 'add on' 100Gb data for £15 for one month. The Website and App are confusing so, watch this space.... :oops:

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
Finally got a reply this afternoon. Advising that I make sure the APN is set to ‘everywhere’. Of course I’d tried that 😡 and every other APN I could find online.

I’m back in the Uk now so have asked for a refund as the sim was worse than useless for the entire period I needed it.
Pity the customer service is so lacking. I’m going to the US with the entire family in July and was planning using 2 of the global sims in seperate MiFi units.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back