Is this as good as it seems? EU roaming included. (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
I have the Global sim on EE and my mobile uses Vodafone. Have not noticed any difference at the moment. This was the MiFi reading last night at Lessay (Cotentin)
View attachment 804129
Using RWG 200GB sim on recent trip round 9 countries in EU never saw better than 39mbps and sometimes a lot less ,,, OK but not stellar good for internet not so good for streaming sport

OP
OP
Googlebot
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
For the apn use

ion.otm

Leave everything else blank.

If that doesn’t work,

everywhere

If that doesn’t work,

nowmobile.net

You don’t need a password on any of them.

If it insists on a name, just use APN 1 then 2 etc

Eloceo

Free Member
Feb 18, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T690
Exp
3 years
Using RWG 200GB sim on recent trip round 9 countries in EU never saw better than 39mbps and sometimes a lot less ,,, OK but not stellar good for internet not so good for streaming sport
Unusual in my experience (RWG200GB). Just returned from France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Germany/Austria/Slovenia/Croatia. Had very fast speeds in all of these Countries, enough even for me to watch the Rugby in HD on the TV and my wife to watch something else on the Ipad at the same time. Mind you I did have to manually set the network in Croatia and one other Country (can't remember which) as the automatic selection did, on occasion, pick up a 'weaker' network operator. So worth checking if you get speed issues.

Oct 14, 2018
Nantwich, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781C Emotion
Exp
Caravanning over 30 years, Motorhoming 16 months
Currently struggling trying to access the internet using the RWG 200GB Global Data SIM card in a HUAWEI E5577 mifi device. Had used this overseas in May without any issues. Cancelled this on my return and have now reactivated the card. The previous APN settings in the mifi don’t seem to be working for me.
FAQs from RWGMobile are not clear on the settings for a mifi device. Can any funsters detail the settings they use for a setup similar to mine.
Name:
APN:
User Name:
Password:
We have Netgear router and theRWG just worked in that without putting settings in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Unusual in my experience (RWG200GB). Just returned from France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Germany/Austria/Slovenia/Croatia. Had very fast speeds in all of these Countries, enough even for me to watch the Rugby in HD on the TV and my wife to watch something else on the Ipad at the same time. Mind you I did have to manually set the network in Croatia and one other Country (can't remember which) as the automatic selection did, on occasion, pick up a 'weaker' network operator. So worth checking if you get speed issues.
I’ve been pleased with the speed in France, it’s always seemed better than uk, even in small villages.

Dec 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail EKS
Exp
Since 1994
I used RWG's 200GB Global Data SIM for 2 months over the summer in Norway and Sweden with no problem. It was £28 per month.

We are about to go to France for 4 weeks so I looked to renew that SIM. However, I see the Global Data SIM is now £35 per month whereas the EE UK and Vodofone UK Data SIMs are still £18 per month. I don't think I want to pay £70 (we'd need to pay for 2 months as our 4-week trip will start in September and finish in October).

I know a few Funsters have gone for the £18 Data SIM in Europe rather than the Global SIM.

Can anyone advise whether the EE or the Vodofone would give better coverage in France? We had a Tiekom SIM at the start of the year which used Vodofone and that worked well.

Thanks.
I can recomend Reglo Mobile from LECLERC for France. You can buy the sim card in their stores (info desks or book section).
I bought 140gb for €18.95 for one month only. This included €5 sim cost and then I renewed the following month, online, for €13.95. It was brilliant and I will do the same next year unless we go to Spain.

i can give you more info if you're interested.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
I’ve been pleased with the speed in France, it’s always seemed better than uk, even in small villages.

I've been impressed with mobile speed and coverage in all of Europe. Data Sims are as cheap as chips in Bosnia, Montenegro and Serbia, speed is fast and you can even stream TV in the timest village in the mountains.

In the UK I cannot get signal in my house 3 miles from the centre of the city.

Mar 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T70 HQ
I've been impressed with mobile speed and coverage in all of Europe. Data Sims are as cheap as chips in Bosnia, Montenegro and Serbia, speed is fast and you can even stream TV in the timest village in the mountains.

Is that maybe because not so many people are using it? In Britain each household has many devices and the bandwidth has to be shared out.

Feb 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728G

Don't forget that in the UK you are tied to one network so maybe you're on the wrong network for your home location. Whilst roaming your phone/4g router etc will generally swap networks if it loses connectivity with a specific network which is why you get better coverage

Feb 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 597
Exp
Since 2019
Currently struggling trying to access the internet using the RWG 200GB Global Data SIM card in a HUAWEI E5577 mifi device. Had used this overseas in May without any issues. Cancelled this on my return and have now reactivated the card. The previous APN settings in the mifi don’t seem to be working for me.
FAQs from RWGMobile are not clear on the settings for a mifi device. Can any funsters detail the settings they use for a setup similar to mine.
Name:
APN:
User Name:
Password:
Two weeks ago, my RWG Global SIM stopped working in the UK having previously been perfect across Europe. No connection to the internet.
It was because they changed payment provider and I had to resubscribe (re-order) the SIM using the same number printed on the SIM itself. I did this and it still didn't work.
Contacted RWG support and a swift reply back advised they had a delay in implementing the re subscriptions. They immediately re-scubcribed it, and it's back working.
Maybe you're experiencing something similar?

Oct 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one.
Hi guys, I found this thread and forum from Google.

Currently I am living semi-permanently abroad (EU) and come back to UK like twice a year.
I would like to keep my UK number and I use no more than 30GB of data a month.
I was with Vodafone and now o2, but they only work if you use your phone more in the UK, than abroad.
What is the best option?

Lebara - £3.58 for first 3 months, then £8.95 for 30GB/Unlimited text&calls, but I will surely get this message in a few months time:
“Hello, your roaming usage exceeds fair usage policies because you are using your phone more in roaming than you do at home in the UK."
RWG Mobile: £15 a months for 50GB/Unlimited text&calls and no usage limits abroad according to this thread.

Any other viable options?

Cheers

I have been roaming with Vodafone and now o2 but both times I get the dreaded

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
Hi guys, I found this thread and forum from Google.

Currently I am living semi-permanently abroad (EU) and come back to UK like twice a year.
I would like to keep my UK number and I use no more than 30GB of data a month.
I was with Vodafone and now o2, but they only work if you use your phone more in the UK, than abroad.
What is the best option?

Lebara - £3.58 for first 3 months, then £8.95 for 30GB/Unlimited text&calls, but I will surely get this message in a few months time:
“Hello, your roaming usage exceeds fair usage policies because you are using your phone more in roaming than you do at home in the UK."
RWG Mobile: £15 a months for 50GB/Unlimited text&calls and no usage limits abroad according to this thread.

Any other viable options?

Cheers

I have been roaming with Vodafone and now o2 but both times I get the dreaded
You could always leave your UK sim in the UK and have the calls transferred to a mobile number in the country you live.

Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Does say in their terms restrictions to 100gb when eu roaming
Agreed. Web site has been updated now. No notification received as an existing customer. Must be relying on their T&C’s that allow them to change their service without notice as long as the web site publishes the correct info.

Oct 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one.
You could always leave your UK sim in the UK and have the calls transferred to a mobile number in the country you live.
That would cost significantly more just for the minutes and I still need data, so would need to buy a local sim card.
The overall cost would be much higher.

Dec 30, 2019
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner t700
Exp
Early 2019
Got one on the go now in northern Spain no issues, iplayer and ITV x via VPN

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back