insurance claim

Likes collected
Funster No
Hi
had a split water pipe which has caused damp in floor area, will the repair to the floor be covered by my motorhome insurance ?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Have a carefull think about the claim amount the excess and likely effect on future premiums first!!

1881TB

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche, 2013
Exp
Spent a few weeks touring Australia and New Zealand about 10 years ago...
Sounds more like a warranty claim than motor insurance, worth reading the policy before you phone the insurers either way...

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Do be aware if you phone the insurers it could be difficult to back out of a claim if you think its not worth it I would ask am I covered if I had a leak from a burst pipe and whats the excess rather than say youv'e had one!!!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B
Likes collected
Funster No
I will have to get policy out and scrutinise it , but I would think its no different to tap in house leaking and causing some damage

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I should imagine the first question will be why did the pipe split? Was it due to you leaving water in which then froze? If yes then it should be an insurance claim, if not and it is a manufacturing fault then it should be a warranty claim (assuming it's under warranty still).

However, as has been mentioned above, check on the damage caused and the cost to repair as it might not be worth claiming on insurance if it's the former.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If you make a claim, no matter how small, you increase the future risk to your insurers and you will pay a higher premium for some time to come.

Same thing applies to a protected NCB discount.
You will still get the same % discount but on an increased premium.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back