Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I HATE IKEA!

It's awkward to get to, the one way system annoys me, there are always queues at the tills ... but I have to go there this weekend o_O

So, to make it worth my while, is there any MH goodies that IKEA sell that I could get to brighten my day?

I'm talking stuff that is highly recommended ... not just 'because it's there' though (y) :)

PS The breakfast/food doesn't count!!
If you don't know you need it you probably don't!:rolleyes:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Oh oh. Just found reference to this -

IKEA FAMILY Membership

I'm guessing it's not free ... looks like you have to pay x2 for everything if you're not a member. Great when you only want one item.
Membership used to be free and it only gives a discount on a few selected items on offer at the time. The best thing about it is unlimited free tea and coffee!

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Membership used to be free and it only gives a discount on a few selected items on offer at the time. The best thing about it is unlimited free tea and coffee!
Its still free (y) We don't get the free tea and coffee coz we tend to go at weekends, but I do find sometimes the items on offer for members are worth it. For a free scheme its not bad.

MONTHLY STORE OFFERS
Don’t forget to swipe your IKEA FAMILY card to enjoy your special prices on selected IKEA products.

MEMBER PRICES ON THE IKEA FAMILY RANGE

Your very own range of products, always with member prices.

FREE TEA OR FILTER COFFEE

Pop in for a free cuppa any time from Monday – Friday.

FOOD OFFERS

Tempting IKEA FAMILY prices in the Swedish Food Market and restaurant means you can always fill up for less.

EXTRA 10% OFF SALE PRICES

Enjoy even more savings when you swipe your IKEA FAMILY card.

FREE PRODUCT INSURANCE

Peace of mind for your new purchases against accidental damage on the way home and during assembly.

SWIPE A SURPRISE

For an extra bit of fun at special times, swipe your IKEA FAMILY card and you’ll win a prize. Anything from a memorable getaway to IKEA products and yummy delights.

SAVINGS WITH OUR PARTNERS

We’ve teamed up with carefully chosen partners to bring you great deals on everything from discounted car hire with Hertz* to reduced prices on Woodland Trust memberships.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Reminds me, I must go and use my Christmas Tree voucher, a lovely real tree as tall as my ceiling for £25 with £20 voucher to spend in store. I wouldn't bother if the store was not 15 mins away and I know best time to go and all the cut through so no going round the one way system.
I sort of agree with earlier poster as I also used to only go in Sweden going on 40 years ago, long before they opened here. I think, though, looking back with fondness as there was nothing like it here. Used to come back with estate car fully loaded in back and on roof rack.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
KLAGG - sink plug strainer
KRAPPA - toilet roll holder
SLAPPA - framed print of Joan Collins
GLUGG - 2 litre beer glass
SMUGG - 'I voted Brexit' bumper sticker
KAKK - Daily Mail storage boxes
RATTFINK - framed print of Nigel Farage

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
First time I tried meatballs was in Ikea - mmmm..... Meatballs, cream sauce, lingonberry jam, mashed potatoes and peas.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
KLAGG - sink plug strainer
KRAPPA - toilet roll holder
SLAPPA - framed print of Joan Collins
GLUGG - 2 litre beer glass
SMUGG - 'I voted Brexit' bumper sticker
KAKK - Daily Mail storage boxes
RATTFINK - framed print of Nigel Farage
Love it!

By the way @Vanman dont forget a visit to the help yourself bin of broken carcasses in the car park, many extra lightweight dividers can be made from thin pieces that are not the dreaded chipboard.

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Still free to join, but what a PITA ... (sorry). You can't register without a mobile phone number :madder: you have to put your own date formatting dashes in your date of birth :banghead: it's got me angry and I haven't even set off for the shop yet :rollingeyes:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Still free to join, but what a PITA ... (sorry). You can't register without a mobile phone number :madder: you have to put your own date formatting dashes in your date of birth :banghead: it's got me angry and I haven't even set off for the shop yet :rollingeyes:
You'll make it easier on yourself if you accept the pain in advance and go with the flow :LOL:

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
You'll make it easier on yourself if you accept the pain in advance and go with the flow :LOL:

No one gets my mobile number except my friends and family (and not all of them! ;) ). If someone ever gets mobile number 00000 000000 then they are going to get a lot of my spare spam (y) :)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
No one gets my mobile number except my friends and family (and not all of them! ;) ). If someone ever gets mobile number 00000 000000 then they are going to get a lot of my spare spam (y) :)
I meant the trip to the store, don't bother with the sign up.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Thanks but I'm definitely a LIST type shopper, there will be no rooting around!!

No routing around ?????? No routing around ????? Are you sure I mean no routing around ?? Blimey....

People he said no routing around !!! I mean how can you go into places and not route around :ROFLMAO:...

Are you sure I mean really sure ????????

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Are you sure I mean really sure ????????

If it's not on my list then I'm not buying it!123 ;)

1.Unless the offer is too good to miss
2.Unless it's a new gadget
3.Unless it's shiny

:hi5:

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Yes have all three of these :)
I have two out of three. We use the blue mats for motocross and then bin them when they have outlived their usefulness ..usually when I can't vacuum them clean any more. The pegs are good for goggles and gloves in the awning after a race.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The Jall clothes drying rack at a £5 is superb, Folds flat also fits our shower and sits in the aisle of the MH.
Their cheapo SKanka frying pans at £3.75 are lightweight and clean up easily. We brought one on a use it for the season and ditch it basis. Still as good as new 5 years on!
We've also got one of the small plywood draw units great for all those fiddly bits.
I spend hours in the Market Hall much to SWMBO's annoyance

Really ,it is called a Skanka ?

Never been inside an IKEA store. What am I missing?
or me.

Love it!

By the way @Vanman dont forget a visit to the help yourself bin of broken carcasses in the car park, many extra lightweight dividers can be made from thin pieces that are not the dreaded chipboard.

The " Bin of broken carcasses" love it .
Bet our one doesn't have one. Not that I 'm even considering going there .

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Give it a shot. Well worth an afternoon out, especially now your thinking about the new house. They do have have some cracking ideas and the quality is good.
Go mid week - far less crowded

Quieter after 3 pm,,yummy mummies have to rush off to collect their kids from school..BUSBY.

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
OK - finally got there today, so here's the match report.

Went to IKEA but forgot to take membership number. Never mind – had my list. Took it to the ‘bag man’ at the entrance and he said “oh yes – up the stairs, behind the blue screen there’s a door, go left, through the wardrobes, through the second secret door and it’ll bring you right out at the main thing on your list”. Armed with no bag because I couldn’t get him to tell me whether I took one there or up above … I ended up lost in the middle somewhere. More by luck than good judgement I eventually found my article, but next to it was one that looked even better, but I couldn’t be sure and there were no prices on anything and nobody to ask. Having lost the will to live I found the exit and left, at least I didn’t have to find somewhere to drop my bag off – maybe the bag man was wise and had seen it all before. Got home to look at the other item on the web site and it’s not listed on there. Great.

Can't wait to go back, maybe in another 10 years or so (y) :)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
SWMBO dragged me to the one at Bluewater or whatever the dumps called near the Dartford tunnel.

Meatballs were good, the rest of the shop Aaaargh. I hate shopping at the best of times but this is a vision of hell, and because of the stupid one way system you have to go round the whole place.

Never again.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
SWMBO dragged me to the one at Bluewater or whatever the dumps called near the Dartford tunnel.

Meatballs were good, the rest of the shop Aaaargh. I hate shopping at the best of times but this is a vision of hell, and because of the stupid one way system you have to go round the whole place.

Never again.

You only have to follow the one way system and walk the entire store if you are stupid,,,Excellent products,,good quality at low prices. Who else gives a 25 year guarantee on kitchens and a 5 year warranty on white goods,,BUSBY:D:D:D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Really ,it is called a Skanka ?
It's worth going just to see some of the weird names that the stuff has!!! Even funnier if you try to pronounce them correctly!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back