IAN and HELGA,,ONWARDS and UPWARDS!! (1 Viewer)

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Good evening,,,,

well today went by without too much drama, high winds, but of rain, but not bad,, now an update!!

I was called by a local builder that I have done a bit ofwork for, and this is what I’ve been offered!

5 months work, converting a block of flats into four houses, demolishion, all inside work, new walls etc,, Now he’s not offering brilliant money, but for a run of work that’s inside for the winter it will do me nicely!

now also, he’s asked me to live on site in Helga, for a bit of security etc,,,

there is space behind the flats, a bit sheltered but may be ok for tv internet etc!
A good supply of electric, and water, and an easy dump for waste etc,, he has offered me a fiver a day extra, but it would be a saving of over £80 a week, at the moment, also when, and if, I move into the flat, I can leave her where I’m working free of charge , and it’s in Norwich , Close to all shops etc,,

what do you think?
Sounds like a plan

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
right opposite the Brickmakers Arms just off the roundabout!
Ian,

Sprowston Road then. By the way the Brickmakers Arms used to have some great music nights, don't know if that is still the same.
Big Police station about 1/2 a mile up the road so you should be ok !!!
Are they the flats at Templemere ?

Mark.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I have a question,, underneath Helga I have two connecting gas pipes, one for a gas BBQ I imagine and another next to it! Could I feed gas into the system from those points or from the bbq point, ie, put an extra gas bottle outside Helga to feed the heating hot water etc?

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I see on a site someone had done that with a large calor bottle into the bbq point as the large bottles work out cheaper

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
I have a question,, underneath Helga I have two connecting gas pipes, one for a gas BBQ I imagine and another next to it! Could I feed gas into the system from those points or from the bbq point, ie, put an extra gas bottle outside Helga to feed the heating hot water etc?
If you feed through the BBQ point you will need a regulator on the new gas bottle.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
there are 2 ways to add an external cylinder. via the bbq point using a bottle top regulator, but the regulators can freeze over winter outside. or buy the special connector sold by gas-it etc to connect a cylinder direct to the gas fill point at high pressure

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Nice one Ian. It’s a no brainer, go for it just make it clear you won’t be messed about with your money. And while your on a lucky streak get a lotto ticket. Good luck (y)

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good morning,,, well the rain has stopped here, and the wind,, not looking like a bad day!

ok this was strange, ever happened to anyone here?

last night, I recieved an email from my bank,, informing me that a direct debit had been set up, from a company I’ve never heard of and for no specific amount! I did ring the bank and cancel it, and blocked them from doing it again,, I suppose if it was a change of name, from an existing one they will contact me when they don’t get paid? But I doubt it!

how can a completely unknown company/ person set this up without my say so, or details??

I think I was lucky, I don’t usually read the drivel my bank email me! I shall keep all updated! Xxxx

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Good morning,,, well the rain has stopped here, and the wind,, not looking like a bad day!

ok this was strange, ever happened to anyone here?

last night, I recieved an email from my bank,, informing me that a direct debit had been set up, from a company I’ve never heard of and for no specific amount! I did ring the bank and cancel it, and blocked them from doing it again,, I suppose if it was a change of name, from an existing one they will contact me when they don’t get paid? But I doubt it!

how can a completely unknown company/ person set this up without my say so, or details??

I think I was lucky, I don’t usually read the drivel my bank email me! I shall keep all updated! Xxxx

I hope you didn't phone the bank from a number in the email.
Never do that always find the number from another source, numbers in emails will take you somewhere else you don't want to be.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
if You are going to do this flat/house conversion will you still do the woodworking thing as well?
Maybe not enough time in a day, something you could put on the back burner for later in the year!

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Are you sure it's not something like an existing DD but company changing name ?
What was name of company and was there an amount of money scheduled to be paid ?
Worth speaking to your bank

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Are you sure it's not something like an existing DD but company changing name ?
What was name of company and was there an amount of money scheduled to be paid ?
Worth speaking to your bank

no specified amount,, name not known by me!

nobby

Free Member
Jun 12, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I’d go for it Ian extra £50 a week in your pocket, aswell as saving £80 a week plus the added bonus of no fuel cost getting to work. no getting rained off, might not be the best money but in all your probably going to earn and save more in the end

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Good luck with the work Ian !
Sounds like you can go home to your flat for weekends and Helga is still home for the time being! ( she will be happy!!)?

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Ian,

Sprowston Road then. By the way the Brickmakers Arms used to have some great music nights, don't know if that is still the same.
Big Police station about 1/2 a mile up the road so you should be ok !!!
Are they the flats at Templemere ?

Mark.

I don’t know mark? Maybe,,just off the roundabout opposite the pub,, they burnt out, they may be called that? Scaffold still up from putting a new roof on !

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
no specified amount,, name not known by me!
Was it a direct debit for you to pay someone?

Or was it someone setting up a direct debit to pay you monthly?

Like the builder you're working for or something ?

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Was it a direct debit for you to pay someone?

Or was it someone setting up a direct debit to pay you monthly?

Like the builder you're working for or something ?

Actually tam, I did some investigating yesterday evening and I’ve reinstated it!

it was from ‘ close brothers’. A continuation of my safeguard insurance for Helga! Lol.

I didn’tknow the name though!!

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Actually tam, I did some investigating yesterday evening and I’ve reinstated it!

it was from ‘ close brothers’. A continuation of my safeguard insurance for Helga! Lol.

I didn’tknow the name though!!
Ah yes they changed as mine did that too

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good morning,,

dry but bloody freezing here!

it’s about this time ( being as I don’t start work till next Thursday). That I go into hedgehog mode, and hibernate!

I do have to take a few pics of Helga though, this weekend, when I’ve had a clear up etc,, someone has expressed an interest, which is always nice!

I’ve just had, last night, a couple ofnew travel cups delivered, Amazon, which I like, only £3.50 each, comes in a packet of 2, cause I’m always loosing or leaving them in customers houses or somewhere! I thought they were a bargain, free delivery too!! Bonus,, There the thermos ones, I’m well pleased!

so I’m chilling today, xxx

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
what do you think?
Nice one Ian. (y)

Sounds like a no brainer to me.
And to me. It's got everything going for it. :)

If you feed through the BBQ point you will need a regulator on the new gas bottle.
Which is what I do Ian, when using a Spanish cylinder. It means I don't have to go looking for Autogas. As Dave says above, you'll need the correct regulator for the cylinder, then turn off your existing gas supply, before connecting and using the cylinder. For the cold winter nights, I use a cut and shaped, empty plastic bottle to cover the regulator, which cured the freezing over problem. (y)
That is a much cheaper option of connecting to a "slave" cylinder, than the Gasit or Gaslow hose connection to your Autogas filling point.

Good luck with the new work regime Ian. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back