IAN and HELGA,,ONWARDS and UPWARDS!! (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I agree with the "family responses"Ian, you are selling too cheap, even to a funster member!
That bespoke kitchen worktop extension is a design feature in itself, even Hymer should take note of it, as its easily put another 2/3 grand on the sale price surely!?????:xThumb:
However when you place the advert convert the KM's to Miles as there are some mentally challenged pepes out there, who should also be told how low the mileage is on a commercial Merc engine.
Have a great evening Ian, get the van parked on site as soon as you can, you never know you may end up sleeping in her weekdays, then take any new crumpet back to the flat for the weekend;)some of em are good at cooking and ironing, if you are lucky :xgrin:
LES

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None

I feel like this site and people have done more for me with,both emotional, and lately even financial help! Than anyone before!! I have had some dark days and somehow being on here has eased my way!

I have had even more help from a few pretty special people, especially those that have trusted me to work on their houses, and meet their families,, and a couple of others,( you know who
you are)

you all are the closest people in my world!

if I can return a good deed, and offer someone a chance that otherwise they may not be able to afford,, I do it gladly and with affection, I genuinely hope someone from here, or family of them can afford Helga,, she will look after them like you have all looked after me!

The money I’m asking will be more than enough for me to start the next adventure!

so if you would all do me a favour, and ask around, the price only applies to MHF members and families! Thankyou,, for everything! Xxxxxxx

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I feel like this site and people have done more for me with,both emotional, and lately even financial help! Than anyone before!! I have had some dark days and somehow being on here has eased my way!

I have had even more help from a few pretty special people, especially those that have trusted me to work on their houses, and meet their families,, and a couple of others,( you
you are)

if I can return a good deed, and offer someone a chance that otherwise they may not be able to afford,, I do it gladly and with affection, I genuinely hope someone from here, or family of them can afford Helga,, she will look after them like you have all looked after me!

The money I’m asking will be more than enough for me to start the next adventure!

so if you would all do me a favour, and ask around, the price only applies to MHF members and families! Thankyou,, for everything! Xxxxxxx
Ian you are a lovely man even though we have never met , but no one on here would want you to undersell Helga just because they are Funsters . Put her for sale for the price she deserves so you aren’t selling her short ! She is as much of a star in your story so far as you are!!

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

I have had even more help from a few pretty special people, especially those that have trusted me to work on their houses, and meet their families,, and a couple of others,( you know who
you are)

What goes around comes around......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Great sentiments from you as usual ianthebuilder
But I believe anyone can read the classifieds on here, not only existing Funsters. They sniff a bargain, pay £15 to contact you and there goes Helga for a song!
If you must put her on here for less, the usual discount is only 10% in any case :cool:

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Ian you are a lovely man even though we have never met , but no one on here would want you to undersell Helga just because they are Funsters . Put her for sale for the price she deserves so you aren’t selling her short ! She is as much of a star in your story so far as you are!!

I’ll tell you what I’ll do anthea,, I will keep her at £12,000 But remember anthea, to get the bits done she needs, they will probably have to spend another grand,, especially if they want a new fridge!

if they think that’sstill a good deal, they can donate a few quid to Jim’s charity! Hows that! Xxxxx

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
But I believe anyone can read the classifieds on here, not only existing Funsters. They sniff a bargain, pay £15 to contact you and there goes Helga for a song!
I totally agree Ian.

We were selling a pair of 20" wheel E-Bikes with new batteries (for a song). Unbeknown to us, the couple who bought off us joined FUN, just to gain access to contacting us. :mad:
Despite an agreed figure over the phone (because I thought they were Funsters), he tried knocking me down again when he came to collect...............................but failed. :madder: They had those bikes for a song.................................................and we never saw them on FUN again. :mad:

Northernraider Tam, and TheBig1 John have already advised that Helga is worth more than you are asking.
Whatever Tam and John advise, that's what I'd go with. The advert for ours stands at £22,495 right across all the sites we have advertised on. When someone, be they FUN members or Hymer Owner Club members, etc, etc, wants to negotiate after a viewing, then so be it.

Please don't undersell Helga............................................unless you have to. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Jun 1, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Micro campervan
Exp
Since 2012
@Northernraider Tam, and @TheBig1 John have already advised that Helga is worth more than you are asking.
Whatever Tam and John advise, that's what I'd go with. The advert for ours stands at £22,495 right across all the sites we have advertised on. When someone, be they FUN members or Hymer Owner Club members, etc, etc, wants to negotiate after a viewing, then so be it.

Please don't undersell Helga............................................unless you have to. :(
Listen to this excellent advice, Ian. If you want to be generous, perhaps you could use some of the extra money you make from selling Helga to give to the truly needy or homeless. Many funsters enjoy following your thread, payment enough!

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Ian if you are happy with the price that you have advertised your van at then it is a good price, as you say you only payed that for it some 4 years ago and it has served you well.
You are a genuine guy who has had some value from your van, and now it is time to move on,
If your van was to cheap well then some dealer or entrapeneur would jump straight on it.
It is worth what you can get when it suits you to sell.?

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Where’s Chaser he will have the answer for Ian. :giggle:
He responded in no uncertain terms yesterday .....................

"Oh Please! man you don't want to be chucking 3 grand away, put it on here for the full price and on the other site as well. "

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good afternoon,,

well it’s a lovely day here in this waterlogged, muddy, mole infested, field! But it’s sunny,, chilly but sunny! Lovely!!

hope your weekend is going well, I’m having a doss today, because tomorrow I’m going to give Helga a good clean, outside and in, take a few more/ better pics,,

I start working on Thursday, so I shall be sorted for Xmas,, only having a week off over Xmas, so not too bad, I’m looking forward to it!

catch you later, xxx

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Yes ivory the wind is chilly,,, and I’ll tell you how I know!

I went to B@Q this Morning, for a few bits,, and they had a Stanley power washer on offer for £80 1800w so I got one,, I then got back, and from 1 o’clock I’ve been on Helgas650 roof, giving her a much needed clean!! She loved it!!

so now the worst is of, all the leaves and crap, I shall do her again tomorrow, with the sat dish up etc so I can get the whole of her,, then I shall give her a good warm water wash all over,, I bought some wax for the roof, so I shall give her a dose of that as well ,, I just hope it’s not gonna be so chilly,, I lost two toes today,, just snapped straight off when I took my trainers off!!

hope your day, so far, has been warmer! Xxxx

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Careful with that power washer on the roof Ian, around the seals etc. If you sell Helga how are you going to do the security on site. (y)

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Careful with that power washer on the roof Ian, around the seals etc. If you sell Helga how are you going to do the security on site. (y)

hi mikey. Hope your both well !

yes mate, I turn the nozzle to a fine spray Mike, and it’s not as powerful,, and I don’t tend to go too close to the joins etc, I get them by hand afterwards! It’s still easier with the washer though, there’s so much on the roof I have to hop over things ,, it’s like playing a game of twister! Lol.

and as for selling Helga,, there’s no way she’s going to sell now, till at least January I reckon,, I’m supposed to get the flat mid jan, and if she goes before I can stay at a mates place, if I have to,, but there’s b&bs mate, I’m not bothered,,,

I’m going to put her out on a few sites for sale, just after Xmas mikey,,£14,500 Ono that might get me a couple of calls! But as for now, it’s only on here for the funsters,or friends and families if they fancy saving a few quid! Xxx

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good morning,,, and I do mean GOOD MORNING!!!

ive just had a call,,,,, I mean THE CALL !!
A lovely young lady from the housing association, has just called me, to inform me that if I meet her at the new flat, at 11 am on the third of jan,, with ID ( two forms) I will have my new flat!!

she has informed me that the rent will be £95 per week,,, so I can now contact council etc to find out council tax etc!!

I’m made up,, in fact I had a little dance round Helga,, and I’ve got face ache from smiling and singing!!

Now I can put Helga on a few more sales sites, and hopefully get some interest for the new year!

I will take some pics when I go,so you can see where it is, and what it looks like inside!

I was never this exited even when I bought my own property! Perhaps it’s the being grateful for small mercies syndrome,, this year has definitely ended on a massive high for me,, and who knows, with the new business idea, that will run alongside the building I shall be doing,, 2020 may be a good year for me! Let’s hope so!

chat later,,,, I’ve got the address, so I’m going to have a drive over this afternoon for a sneaky peak!! Lol.

xxxxxxx

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Good morning,,, and I do mean GOOD MORNING!!!

ive just had a call,,,,, I mean THE CALL !!
A lovely young lady from the housing association, has just called me, to inform me that if I meet her at the new flat, at 11 am on the third of jan,, with ID ( two forms) I will have my new flat!!

she has informed me that the rent will be £95 per week,,, so I can now contact council etc to find out council tax etc!!

I’m made up,, in fact I had a little dance round Helga,, and I’ve got face ache from smiling and singing!!

Now I can put Helga on a few more sales sites, and hopefully get some interest for the new year!

I will take some pics when I go,so you can see where it is, and what it looks like inside!

I was never this exited even when I bought my own property! Perhaps it’s the being grateful for small mercies syndrome,, this year has definitely ended on a massive high for me,, and who knows, with the new business idea, that will run alongside the building I shall be doing,, 2020 may be a good year for me! Let’s hope so!

chat later,,,, I’ve got the address, so I’m going to have a drive over this afternoon for a sneaky peak!! Lol.

xxxxxxx
Super pleased for you ianthebuilder as I'm sure many more on here will be.
Phil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back