I am totally peed off ref Pet Passports!!!! (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Well ... that was another waste of time!!!!! 😡. Bella is still PP-less! 🤬

Petsworld are now adding a €21 admin fee (mandated from head office) so the total cost, including €12 for the PP and €18 for a 3 year rabies jab, is €51. They will just do the PP & admin fee for €33 but of course that means there's no record of the original jab in the PP.

Anyone who is thinking of using any of the Petsworld branches better make other plans. We are back to square one and getting even more *£&#@*-£#@* with it all.
Isnt it less stressful just sticking to an AHC? Just asking as we are planning our first trip in May.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Perhaps someone who has had a Pet Passport issued with transferred vaccination details can tell us what evidence they had to provide to the vet?
Our Portuguese vet transferred the vac details from the AHC and was able to use Tazzy and Lily's existing UK PPs to confirm the chip info. In order to give him Minky's chip date I just logged onto the database and showed him the details, the date was prior to the vac so he was happy with that.

Reactions: maz
OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Isnt it less stressful just sticking to an AHC? Just asking as we are planning our first trip in May.
Not at £99 each time and having to go and pick it up. Our other 2 dogs have them so it makes sense, not just financially, to get Bella one as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
In case it's of any interest - we had Oscar's rabies booster done at La Zenia Petsworld recently (he has a Spanish PP obtained last year) & the cost was 18€, we saw this poster in the reception area. We had obtained the PP last year in Puerto Mazarron & the cost was 50€ for the PP, the rabies booster & registration

Attachments

• IMG_20221216_125019.jpg
    IMG_20221216_125019.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Not at £99 each time and having to go and pick it up. Our other 2 dogs have them so it makes sense, not just financially, to get Bella one as well.

Don't know if this is of any help,are you in the La Zenia area?

This was posted Dec 11th in one of the EU passport threads

Benivets in Benicassim.... a Funster, whose name I now forget, got one last week with 3 yr rabies shot for €70 and I am getting one there next week. Confirmed via telephone no problems. We have dealt with this before years and they are very helpful and very kind with your pets

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
In case it's of any interest - we had Oscar's rabies booster done at La Zenia Petsworld recently (he has a Spanish PP obtained last year) & the cost was 18€, we saw this poster in the reception area
That's where we've just been. The administration cost is for doing the PP plus the PP itself, hence now €33, it's a 'new' charge that came in recently as commanded by head office and no way to avoid it. I did mention that quite a few funsters had used them, none had been charged the admin fee, and they'd been recommended to us hence why we'd gone there, but there was no budging them.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Don't know if this is of any help,are you in the La Zenia area?

This was posted Dec 11th in one of the EU passport threads
We're at Los Urrutias just below La Zenia at present hoping to avoid loads of mozzie bites as we're right next to Mar Mentor! 😱

I can get still get a PP etc for €51 at Petsworld so no point paying even more, it's just infuriating how the goalposts keep moving especially since I could've got one with a rabies jab for €35.

If we happen on a little village vet we'll give them a try as they seem to be more sensibly priced than the chain or large practice ones.

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Well ... that was another waste of time!!!!! 😡. Bella is still PP-less! 🤬

Petsworld are now adding a €21 admin fee (mandated from head office) so the total cost, including €12 for the PP and €18 for a 3 year rabies jab, is €51. They will just do the PP & admin fee for €33 but of course that means there's no record of the original jab in the PP.

Anyone who is thinking of using any of the Petsworld branches better make other plans. We are back to square one and getting even more *£&#@*-£#@* with it all.

I'm not sure I understand what the issue is?

€51 (less than £45) for an EU Pet passport and a three year rabies booster sounds like good value to me - certainly compared to a new AHC for each overseas trip?

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We have a couple of options depending which way we travel up North, back to the €35 Spanish small village vet or if we go via Portugal there's the one we used last time or one at Castelo Blanco too. We are just wanting to get it sorted so we can forget about it but without paying silly money.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I'm not sure I understand what the issue is?

€51 (less than £45) for an EU Pet passport and a three year rabies booster sounds like good value to me - certainly compared to a new AHC for each overseas trip?
Yes it's cheaper but I don't like being misled. There was no mention of an admin fee when I made the appointment, if there had been we wouldn't have wasted our time going there. If you read the rest of the thread you'll see where I'm coming from.

We'll get her a PP, it's just a matter of when and where

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Yes it's cheaper but I don't like being misled. There was no mention of an admin fee when I made the appointment, if there had been we wouldn't have wasted our time going there. If you read the rest of the thread you'll see where I'm coming from.

Must have seen you coming Minxy 😜

Jun 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti 650 MG
Exp
6 years
Brexit....the gift that keeps on giving. :( We're planning a trip to France / Spain / Portugal in Feb / March and had thought about getting a pet passport for our cat whilst out there. Sounds like it's not so simple! AHC's are a total rip off.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Brexit....the gift that keeps on giving. :( We're planning a trip to France / Spain / Portugal in Feb / March and had thought about getting a pet passport for our cat whilst out there. Sounds like it's not so simple! AHC's are a total rip off.
I found it easier and cheaper than getting a passport in the UK very straight forward.

Apr 24, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
2001 Hymer B544
Exp
Since 1992
it’s a nightmare. our sympathies. In 2021 we got booted off a eurotunnel crossing UK-France when Pet passport found something they didn’t like in our expensively acquired EU passport. Missed crossing, another £200 AHC from a Folkestone vet with a new Porsche and 4hr later we crossed.

We did get the required stamps from france and it’s worked since. Don’t give up.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
It's not that easy to find out what the exact rules are though ... some Spanish vets appear to transfer stuff, others won't and insist on a rabies jab but as we've found out today, some will only give a 1 year one, others a 3 year one ... if the vet today was able to do a 3 year one that would have sorted it but she couldn't.

I'd already messaged them prior to our visit to the vet but had no response, will probably try ringing tomorrow.

Please tell me oh wise one :giggle: how the h*ll do I find out without going totally 🤪 in the process!
Yes the rules do appear to be somewhat confusing but I think the one thing that appears to be clear is that EU pet passports are for pets of owners who are resident in the EU country where they are issued. All those U.K. residents who manage to find a vet to issue one are really lucky as I believe it is against their rules.

When we lived in Spain, with our U.K. pet passport that didn’t need renewing, our local vet was more than happy to falsify the date of the worming tablet being administered to allow us more time to drive to Calais as I seem to recall it was only 48 hours in the beginning before being changed to 5 days then removed for a cat.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..

It’s clearly stressing you out, I’d suggest paying the €51 and chalking it up to experience. The get on with enjoying your holiday time, It’s still amazing VFM in the long run…. Also saves chasing around trying to save a few euros.

Nov 18, 2011
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2001
We are about 14km south of Oliva in Eastern Spain and arranged to get a pet passport for our Bella at El Gat Blau vets (it's where we took Romy over 2 years ago when she was poorly and vet was great). Yesterday we made an appointment for 6.00 pm tonight after confirming she could do it and that Bella had already had her rabies jab and been chipped. Unfortunately when we got there after waiting 5 minutes the vet said she had an emergency with a cat which she had to stitch up so we went back at 6.30 pm ... then the 'fun' started!

We showed her the AHC, explained the stuff on it, confirmed that we wanted a pet passport with the rabies and chip info transferring from the AHC, er ... nope ... can't do that! As she hadn't administered the rabies jab she wouldn't be able to stick in the official Spanish stamp to confirm that it had been done - the sticker is unique to each rabies vac and separate from the usual vac label (which isn't needed as they can write this in instead). She was insistent that we could use the AHC rabies vac info as proof for Bella for future trips in conjunction with the PP, but didn't seem to understand that the AHC would expire after 4 months from date of issue - the page with the info on is no 11 of 12 so there's no doubt it is an integral part of the AHC so even thought it stated the rabies jab was in date until 2025, the document itself would be invalid and not accepted. She said she could do another rabies vac for Bella which she could put in the passport but ONLY for 1 year so that was no good to us. To say we're miffed is an understatement, we only went back to Oliva for the vet, although we did get a bit of shopping whilst there but didn't need to do so, it just passed a bit of time, so it turned out to be a total waste of time and we are no further on.

What's annoying is that there was a UK couple asking us about how to get a PP and we suggested they contact a vet in the local village so cycled in and enquired about it. He'd rung his wife about it who in his absence relayed the info to us and said the vet wouldn't give a 3 year vac as the existing 3 year one was still valid for over a year, but they wanted a 3 year one as they wouldn't be abroad before the previous one expired; when the husband returned he explained it to us and it turned out she had got the wrong end of the stick as the vet wanted to give a 3 year vac regardless. As we didn't need a vac for Bella and had other plans anyway we left that morning so I gave them my phone number in order to text me with what happened at the vet's later that day so I could put it on here for those who might want to go there. Turns out that the PP cost €16 and €21 for a 3 year rabies jab, no consultation fee so blooming annoyed as had we known we'd have done the same for Bella.

We'll try some other vets tomorrow but it seems like they make it up as they go along, a bit like French ones, some do this, others that, and yet more something else!
Things we're so different before Brexit , surely they could have made special concessions for our furry friends . No chance , one day hopefully somebody will benefit Brexit , I shan't see it.

Apr 24, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
2001 Hymer B544
Exp
Since 1992
beep

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
To anyone who travels (especially with pet), does any business, wants to move or work, works for any business, has a pension or any £ denominated investments, or those who ever had any aspiration for the future of their children or grandchildren, or even those who just buy or sell anything from or to anyone in Europe, it has been an utter and complete disaster, as Michael Gove’s ‘experts’ told us it would be….

But never mind - for everyone else it’s glorious !

I would be very careful of what you post WRT this subject matter. There is a zero tolerance (probably rightly as it was a tad out of hand) to discussing topics which divide us and are political.

Coventry is cold and grim at this time of year. 😜

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
To anyone who travels (especially with pet), does any business, wants to move or work, works for any business, has a pension or any £ denominated investments, or those who ever had any aspiration for the future of their children or grandchildren, or even those who just buy or sell anything from or to anyone in Europe, it has been an utter and complete disaster, as Michael Gove’s ‘experts’ told us it would be….

But never mind - for everyone else it’s glorious !
Which vet is this then

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I had no trouble getting my 2 pups passports in Belgium a few years back, a fair few people who I have sent that way are also happy with their passports.
Belgium vets are still issuing passports without any questions so that would be where I would be heading👍👍

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Yes the rules do appear to be somewhat confusing but I think the one thing that appears to be clear is that EU pet passports are for pets of owners who are resident in the EU country where they are issued. All those U.K. residents who manage to find a vet to issue one are really lucky as I believe it is against their rules.
This is not true as has been explained in many threads to the point of exhaustion. :RollEyes:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yes the rules do appear to be somewhat confusing but I think the one thing that appears to be clear is that EU pet passports are for pets of owners who are resident in the EU country where they are issued.
There is no legal requirement for this at all, not even in those countries who have additional registration requirements, so they are not doing UK residents a 'special favour' by proving them.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Things we're so different before Brexit , surely they could have made special concessions for our furry friends . No chance , one day hopefully somebody will benefit Brexit , I shan't see it.
Let's keep B out of this please, we are past that and just getting on with the outcome and sorting stuff out. Things were very different before decimalisation but I've moved on and have no desire to go back to pounds, shillings and pence!

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back