I am totally peed off ref Pet Passports!!!! (1 Viewer)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
That's good to hear. I just didnt want Minxy to have any problems. I suppose I have only one question though maz...If the AHC is strictly a UK thing why will it then count as continuity of vaccination into a EU Pet Passport, a scheme the EU just dont want to allow us to be part of despite our regulations being as tough as any in the EU?

It seems our lives are being made more difficult just for the fun of it!
The AHC isn't 'strictly a UK thing'. It is the EU requirement for dogs/cats/ferrets entering the EU from all third countries - unless they have an EU Pet Passport. Our rabies regulations may be 'as tough as any in the EU', but unless we are prepared to actually commit to the EU requirements we won't be able to issue our own Pet Passports.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Absolutely this is the worming entry in ours last year supposed to have date then time entered not two date entries and told by customs it was fine 😂

View attachment 711174
They normally want the time entered however if you weren't close to the 5 day max or 1 day min it doesn't make any difference.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
They normally want the time entered however if you weren't close to the 5 day max or 1 day min it doesn't make any difference.
That's right it was to show that some of the vets filling the passports in don't really understand the requirements.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
That's fine. Quoting from the 'How to Complete Pet Passports' booklet:

Booster vaccinations given within the validity period of the previous vaccine do not need an entry in the ‘valid from’ field.
I think that's why Bella's had the valid to date on the wrong line, they had only put that as it was all that was required but just put it in line 2 instead of line 3.

Reactions: maz
Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
We are about 14km south of Oliva in Eastern Spain and arranged to get a pet passport for our Bella at El Gat Blau vets (it's where we took Romy over 2 years ago when she was poorly and vet was great). Yesterday we made an appointment for 6.00 pm tonight after confirming she could do it and that Bella had already had her rabies jab and been chipped. Unfortunately when we got there after waiting 5 minutes the vet said she had an emergency with a cat which she had to stitch up so we went back at 6.30 pm ... then the 'fun' started!

We showed her the AHC, explained the stuff on it, confirmed that we wanted a pet passport with the rabies and chip info transferring from the AHC, er ... nope ... can't do that! As she hadn't administered the rabies jab she wouldn't be able to stick in the official Spanish stamp to confirm that it had been done - the sticker is unique to each rabies vac and separate from the usual vac label (which isn't needed as they can write this in instead). She was insistent that we could use the AHC rabies vac info as proof for Bella for future trips in conjunction with the PP, but didn't seem to understand that the AHC would expire after 4 months from date of issue - the page with the info on is no 11 of 12 so there's no doubt it is an integral part of the AHC so even thought it stated the rabies jab was in date until 2025, the document itself would be invalid and not accepted. She said she could do another rabies vac for Bella which she could put in the passport but ONLY for 1 year so that was no good to us. To say we're miffed is an understatement, we only went back to Oliva for the vet, although we did get a bit of shopping whilst there but didn't need to do so, it just passed a bit of time, so it turned out to be a total waste of time and we are no further on.

What's annoying is that there was a UK couple asking us about how to get a PP and we suggested they contact a vet in the local village so cycled in and enquired about it. He'd rung his wife about it who in his absence relayed the info to us and said the vet wouldn't give a 3 year vac as the existing 3 year one was still valid for over a year, but they wanted a 3 year one as they wouldn't be abroad before the previous one expired; when the husband returned he explained it to us and it turned out she had got the wrong end of the stick as the vet wanted to give a 3 year vac regardless. As we didn't need a vac for Bella and had other plans anyway we left that morning so I gave them my phone number in order to text me with what happened at the vet's later that day so I could put it on here for those who might want to go there. Turns out that the PP cost €16 and €21 for a 3 year rabies jab, no consultation fee so blooming annoyed as had we known we'd have done the same for Bella.

We'll try some other vets tomorrow but it seems like they make it up as they go along, a bit like French ones, some do this, others that, and yet more something else!
Hi, Even more annoying when you find out that we could have kept the EU British pet passport post brexit as other countries, not in the EU are in the European Pet Passport scheme. It's nothing to do with the EU. My UK vet told me this!!
Bruce

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi, Even more annoying when you find out that we could have kept the EU British pet passport post brexit as other countries, not in the EU are in the European Pet Passport scheme. It's nothing to do with the EU. My UK vet told me this!!
Bruce
Hi Bruce. Haven't seen you around for a while. Nice to see you posting again. :Smile:

Countries not in the EU but permitted to issue their own Pet Passports (such as Switzerland, Norway and Iceland) are the Part 1 listed countries. They have committed to adhere to the EU requirements for animal health. The UK refuses to actually commit to these requirements and so, since Br*x*t, we are unable to issue Pet Passports.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Countries not in the EU but permitted to issue their own Pet Passports (such as Switzerland, Norway and Iceland) are the Part 1 listed countries. They have committed to adhere to the EU requirements for animal health. The UK refuses to actually commit to these requirements and so, since Br*x*t, we are unable to issue Pet Passports.
Do you know why the UK didn't do so?

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Without wanting to head towards Coventry, one of the 'selling points' of Br*x*t was no longer having to adhere to EU regulations.
Ah, I wondered if it was more to do with us not being happy with some of their welfare etc requirements.

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
Hi Bruce. Haven't seen you around for a while. Nice to see you posting again. :Smile:

Hi Maz, You are of course correct. I remember a conversation I had with Defra when I rung there help line to get an update on PP's and he said at the time they still didn't know whether we would keep them or not, He said they were still pushing the Govt. To go for Part 1 listing, he said " It's the only sensible way to go".
Sorry I have not been posting for a while But I have been having a lot of problems like lots of us I suppose, Mo Ho off road for a year having complete engine rebuild, and that's all I will say about health!!!
Bruce.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi Maz, You are of course correct. I remember a conversation I had with Defra when I rung there help line to get an update on PP's and he said at the time they still didn't know whether we would keep them or not, He said they were still pushing the Govt. To go for Part 1 listing, he said " It's the only sensible way to go".
Sorry I have not been posting for a while But I have been having a lot of problems like lots of us I suppose, Mo Ho off road for a year having complete engine rebuild, and that's all I will say about health!!!
Bruce.
I hope 2023 will be a better year for you.

:wb:

Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
To add to other bits of information here, our dog is now Spanish having been to Animalets in Javea (nice people) today. Think it was about €65 in all with the 3 year jab. Happy with that just to reduce the faffing about with the AHC which is frankly ridiculous.
He is already rolling his r’s on the GRRRRR!

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Our 🇫🇷 vet transferred the rabies vaccination information onto our dogs new 🇫🇷🇪🇺passport from the information on the AHC
Photo of the UK and new EU passport.
The unendorsed rabies sticker on the UK passport is the current one that was administered post EU exit that the UK vet could not write into the UK pet passport, but is on the dog vaccination record in the vet and is on the AHC, the details of which the 🇫🇷 vet added and endorsed on her new 🇫🇷🇫🇷🐶 passport
02CBDAF8-8ADE-4EA7-8EFD-C680E07586AF.jpeg

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Our 🇫🇷 vet transferred the rabies vaccination information onto our dogs new 🇫🇷🇪🇺passport from the information on the AHC
Photo of the UK and new EU passport.
The unendorsed rabies sticker on the UK passport is the current one that was administered post EU exit that the UK vet could not write into the UK pet passport, but is on the dog vaccination record in the vet and is on the AHC, the details of which the 🇫🇷 vet added and endorsed on her new 🇫🇷🇫🇷🐶 passport
View attachment 713344
Hopefully the vet entered the date of implantation of the microchip rather than the date of reading it. 🤞

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back