How to remove Chasson driver's seat (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Just a word to the wise Saltings.
Before removing the drivers seat, make sure you un-couple the srs electric connection below the seat.(with ignition off).
From experience they break easily!

OP
OP
Saltings

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
Just a word to the wise Saltings.
Before removing the drivers seat, make sure you un-couple the srs electric connection below the seat.(with ignition off).
From experience they break easily!
Hi Antique from another Antique! (Well at least we increase in value.:)

Thanks for the warning re the SRS. Now just to increase my somewhat basic knowledge of airbags I assume the SRS can be disconnected when removing the seat. How I have yet to find out. I understand there are three wires which I imagine activate the dashboard warning lights.

Does anyone know if the Fiat Ducato 2.3 (2014) has a particular layout under the seat re the SRS.?

OP
OP
Saltings

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
On our 2017 based Fiat, you need to remove the plastic sides and rear.
Take the cap screws out front and rear, there is what looks like welds on the seat base frame and underneath there are 2 13mm nuts which you need to remove and at the rear on the passenger side of the seat frame is a thin flat bolt which is the swivel stop this needs removing. Disconnect the wiring looms under the seat and it will lift out and its heavy believe me.

John.
Hi John

Have now found that the hab. battery is well and truly gone. Smell of burning, gas fumes and crackling sound from battery in the m/h last night. Have therefore disconnect hab. battery and it is now cooling down. Have another battery fully charged ready to fit but base plate beneath seat is proving a problem.

Anyone any idea how to shift the wretched thing! Or do we really have to take the plastic off tonight and the cap screws etc. We have 24 hrs to do it in and pack ready to go. Grim. :sick:

Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
We have 3 Allen key bolts running down either side of the complete captains chair assembly with no need to remove plastic side mouldings (Just a thought)
And ...
I'd be damn careful with that battery and it's charging

OP
OP
Saltings

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
We have 3 Allen key bolts running down either side of the complete captains chair assembly with no need to remove plastic side mouldings (Just a thought)
And ...
I'd be damn careful with that battery and it's charging
Thanks for the input.

I am being v. careful as you say. Have isolated hab from solar cells but cannot find a way of isolating from alternator when motor is running. Must be an isolating witch somewhere - just a question of finding it :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back