LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Is there a reason for charging it that way, like less tax or tourist tax if the pitch is lower price and charge more for the electric ?

I'm not sure but I don't think tourist tax would be that much anyway.

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
If you consider the cost of gas per day against the cost of EHU then €8 per night would be a little expensive. However the cost of €10/day campsite cost + EHU overall it’s pretty good if the site is nice. A 6kg cylinder lasts us about a week with minimum use of heating. To get an exchange 6kg cylinder, if you can get one in this current climate (shortage of cylinders due to shortage of steel I’ve heard), I would use EHU to preserve the gas. 6kg cylinder usage is approx £5/day (without EHU).

If you have an refillable fitted system then I can only assume gas is more readily available. Talking of 6kg Calor cylinders they are not available in France. We have the option of using French cylinders with a different regulator, but then French cylinders are different to Spanish cylinders etc. Am considering having a Gaslow system fitted, as this appears to be a good option for travelling through different European countries.

Recommend Gaslow every time. We also have an extension hose for an external cylinder with appropriate valves for use in France, Spain and Germany. Much cheaper than EHU and easy to swap external cylinders at most campsites.

MikeMex

Free Member
Aug 26, 2018
Funster No
MH
Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2008
Recommend Gaslow every time. We also have an extension hose for an external cylinder with appropriate valves for use in France, Spain and Germany. Much cheaper than EHU and easy to swap external cylinders at most campsites.
Thanks, indeed Gaslow seems pretty dam good as you say. Your extension hose, is this a ’recognised’ installation (that you can buy online etc) or a self made addition?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 12, 2021
Renfrew Scotland
Funster No
MH
kontiki sport
Exp
20 years tugging .5 years MOH.
LOL Not at all but we're currently on a site that has a swimming pool, restaurant, shop, washing machines, showers/wcs, free access to a 15 acre lake with activities etc.......for €20 a night including electricity :)
Can you please share this gem with us please.
on a site last year 3 amp 3 eu 10 amp 10 eu just for elec.

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Thanks Bud will check it out 👍
We loved it. The pool and water sports are closed now but the lake is beautiful and has a 5k track all around it, suitable for walking, running and cycling....and more or less flat. There are picnic areas and BBQs, too, and a special nature reserve. Dogs are allowed on a lead but not in the nature reserve area. One of the rules says, "Silence must be absolute between 10pm and 7am" and it happens. By 10pm you could hear a pin drop :) It's fairly dark on site, so you'll need a torch if you plan on visiting the loos after dark or taking a dog out for a wee :) Enjoy! :)

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Thanks, indeed Gaslow seems pretty dam good as you say. Your extension hose, is this a ’recognised’ installation (that you can buy online etc) or a self made addition?
Thanks. Yes it's a standard Gaslow accessory.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Depends what the site is offering? we pay about 18-23 euros (+ 1 euro a night tourist tax) per night when in France. That is the ASCI rate, and will give a hook-up, and nice size pitch. Usually such a site will have a swimming pool, shop/bakery, and be very well maintained, with other activities too (boules etc…).
Thought ACSI max was 20 euros without tourist tax.Plenty in France around 14 to 16 euros with leccy included with ACSI.BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Looking at the forecast for September this morning, and I doubt we will do many trips without electricity this year, short cloudy days and the need for heating will see to that
Diesel on mine,,BUSBY 😁😊

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back