How I hate long distance travel (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
500+ miles in a motorhome or 500 in car , I know which I would choose .
A quality comfortable car is streets ahead when it comes to travelling long distances Motorhomes are nothing more than commercial vans with noisy engines and coacbuilt body grafted to them

Really you think this about your van ? maybe you should have chosen something nicer I would chose my Motorhome over my Sprinter or Civic anyday

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Now Jim you could have saved £20 by doing what old people do and taking a flask of coffee and some sandwiches with you.

Sadly it's what I do now:)

Too easy for some though.
Last time we took MIL to Scotland she brought a very large Roy Cropper style bag containing a flask of water, tea bags, milk, sugar, bread, margarine, fillings, plates and cups.
Pulled into a layby and while she farted around with that lot I nipped to the obligatory 'layby burger van'....My bacon butty and coffee were finished before her sandwiches were made.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
I do 1000 mile weekends . some in the car , some in the MH, i do like the comfort of my armchair , but it cant beat sitting at 130mph for 2 hours , instead of 80 for 3 and a half .

But in a Type R.. not a chance

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
As well as comfort, speed has a lot to do with how tired you are after a journey, the more elevated driving position in a MH helps as well.

Driving at 70-90 long distance takes a lot of concentration especially with the amount of traffic on the roads, in a car I'm done after 2 hours.

In my truck however with its high driving position and limited to 56mph I can go all day, I do 8-10 hours driving a day without any problems, couldn't do that in a car.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back