Wagonagain

Free Member
Jun 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Ducato Ace Siena low
Hi All,
Just your opinion on something?
I am currently parked for the night at Blue Bank view point and have been for a few hours when 5 mins ago another MH pulled between me and another MH.
I thought to be safe incase of fire risk etc and also to be respectfull in the distance I left with van that was already there I would park 5 meters away.
Well this knob has now left a gap of 5 to 6 foot between both of us either side (I wouldn't mind but there is ample space for at least another 6 or 7 MH to park without parking too close).
Is it me being petty or is it the old git being a knob pulling between us?
Thanks

OP
OP
Wagonagain

Wagonagain

Free Member
Jun 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Ducato Ace Siena low
True
It is a car park 10 out of 10 for observation but still don't alter the fact more than likely 8 or 9 out of 10 of people would see the potential hazards not to mention stepping out the hab door on to his

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
True
It is a car park 10 out of 10 for observation but still don't alter the fact more than likely 8 or 9 out of 10 of people would see the potential hazards not to mention stepping out the hab door on to his
You can always leave if you don’t like how others park for the night.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Hi All,
I thought to be safe incase of fire risk etc and also to be respectfull in the distance I left with van that was already there I would park 5 meters away.
Well this knob has now left a gap of 5 to 6 foot between both of us either side (I wouldn't mind but there is ample space for at least another 6 or 7 MH to park without parking too close).
Thanks
Space for a couple of cars in between then,very thoughtful of you to leave s big gap. You should have put your table and chairs out. :eek: :rofl:

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I don't give a flying **** how he parks but there is also a thing as being mindfull of others! (If you know what I mean😁)
Which is why I said he may be thinking of others who might yet turn up for the night and need room to park rather than four or five Motorhomes taking the room of perhaps eight or ten. You know, being mindful of others.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
If you had left 3 metres then anybody else would have to really squeeze in to get in the gap, expecting to maintain a 5 meter distance is a bit much in my opinion.
Agreed, when some think they are “being mindful of others “ what they really mean is I’m ok and don’t care whether others have room or not.

OP
OP
Wagonagain

Wagonagain

Free Member
Jun 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Ducato Ace Siena low
Which is why I said he may be thinking of others who might yet turn up for the night and need room to park rather than four or five Motorhomes taking the room of perhaps eight or ten. You know, being mindful of others.
Quite right too but what you didn't know was how many other vehicles were here before he turned up so with a simple sum I could work out that the existing 6 vehicles here plus him with potential for "as I said in first post incase you didn't see that part" space for at least another 6 or 7, oh and I didn't mention there is another view point 200 foot away with space there aswell !
I'm not going to bite to you awkwardness and ability to have the last say so end of.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
True
Normal on many French Aires,, sometimes lucky if next van is 3 feet away..BUSBY.

gerrym11

Free Member
Sep 18, 2020
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Just a year
Quite right too but what you didn't know was how many other vehicles were here before he turned up so with a simple sum I could work out that the existing 6 vehicles here plus him with potential for "as I said in first post incase you didn't see that part" space for at least another 6 or 7, oh and I didn't mention there is another view point 200 foot away with space there aswell !
I'm not going to bite to you awkwardness and ability to have the last say so end of.

You asked the question, no need throw your toys out of your pram because you don't like the answers!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Having had a MH bricked in Holland once when at the end of a row we often like to park between MHs so if we had been there we may well have been the filling in the sandwich instead. I would say that 5ft is a lot more than you often get on popular aires etc, wanting 5 metres is OTT IMV.

OP
OP
Wagonagain

Wagonagain

Free Member
Jun 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
Ducato Ace Siena low
Campsites have a 6m rule, if that's what you want.........you pays your money(or not) and makes your choice.
Agreed thats why I'm here for the night only and booked sites for the remainder.
I also have access issues so another reason why I book sites but just couldn't get anywhere until tomorrow .
I know camping and motorhoming have increased within the last 12 to 18 months and as a previous caravaner before I made the jump to MH (and won't look back either) you could always find a site somewhere but perhaps in a year or 2 MH may drop in price and people will be going on a plane for their hols...then I should be able to get a space on a site pretty much as I did when I was tugging 👌👌

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
How many times have you parked your car in an empty car park to come back and find some idiot has parked so close to you you can’t even open the door!
We parked our pvc in a Tesco the other day took up 2 spaces as we’re 6m long, the 4 spaces around us were empty, there was quite a lot of spaces in the car park.
We came back to find one car on the drivers side another parked in the rear space on the passenger side.
As we had shopping we entered via the side door no problem.
But because of where the cars were we had a little trouble to get out of the space.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Hi All,
Just your opinion on something?
I am currently parked for the night at Blue Bank view point and have been for a few hours when 5 mins ago another MH pulled between me and another MH.
Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back