Highlands End Campsite & Jurassic Coast Meet 8-12 July 2021 * Full * (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Out to lunch with Dizzy Izzy and Dandm Mandy forgot her mask so improvised 😂😂
IMG_20210711_152358.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you everyone for joining us here & for your kind words & messages. It's your good company & friendly chats that make meets like this enjoyable for us all but it's a shame that this one is ending with so much liquid sunshine! 🌧️ In case we don't see you to say goodbye then hope you have a safe journey & that we see you again another time. If you might want to come back next year here's the thread https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...y-2022-early-booking-10-discount-code.242020/ - quite a few of us are already booked in! :hi5:

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Thank you everyone for joining us here & for your kind words & messages. It's your good company & friendly chats that make meets like this enjoyable for us all but it's a shame that this one is ending with so much liquid sunshine! 🌧️ In case we don't see you to say goodbye then hope you have a safe journey & that we see you again another time. If you might want to come back next year here's the thread https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...y-2022-early-booking-10-discount-code.242020/ - quite a few of us are already booked in! :hi5:
it's been lovely, apart from the odd slip up!:X3::X3::X3:, We will be leaving in the. Morning, hopefully will be dry, to say 👋...if not Thank you Mr And Mrs Wombles for organising things also for a warm welcome to us newbies, until our paths cross again, safe journey to all🧚‍♀️:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I know you're only next door but it's a bit too wet for me to be wandering :laughing:

You've both done a fantastic job as usual & it's been great to catch up with friends and put faces to names. Your hard work & those who've helped is always very much appreciated.

Thankyou.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
How come Wimbledon centre court is in bright sunshine meanwhile here it’s decidedly damp and a bit on the chilly side :(
Sorry, got distracted by the wine and didn't save enough souls, (sun always shines on the righteous etc.) I'll try harder next time:pray::rofl:

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
Once again Karen and Alan Wombles thank you for hosting another successful Highlands ends meet. We are always guarantee the best spot when you are the hosts, you must be our lucky mascots. 😂 Sorry we didn’t attend the non-gatherings, Mick forgot his hearing aids and finds it hard to cope when there are lots of people talking. Maybe that’s why he talks a lot, hope he didn’t scare you too much Karen. 😂 . Hope to be with you next year if not before. Take care all, safe journeys to everyone and good luck to the England team. Mick & Toni

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Once again Karen and Alan Wombles thank you for hosting another successful Highlands ends meet. We are always guarantee the best spot when you are the hosts, you must be our lucky mascots. 😂 Sorry we didn’t attend the non-gatherings, Mick forgot his hearing aids and finds it hard to cope when there are lots of people talking. Maybe that’s why he talks a lot, hope he didn’t scare you too much Karen. 😂 . Hope to be with you next year if not before. Take care all, safe journeys to everyone and good luck to the England team. Mick & Toni
It was really great to see you both again. Some great evenings as well. The look on Karen’s Wombles face when you looked at her in the middle of a story was an absolute picture.

Greatly looking forward to meeting again; safe journey

CalamitySpain

Funster
Jul 16, 2018
Funster No
You may have noticed (but probably not😂) that I've gone. I did take a look around to say my goodbyes but you were all out on bracing walks.....or maybe still in bed!
Thanks lots to everybody who welcomed me and to the Wombles for organising and to Annie for the non get together get together. Good fun.
Annie....Rosie may need looking after sometime🤞🏼🤞🏼😅
Floydster.....get a dog💪!
Janetx
Was good to meet you!

CalamitySpain

Funster
Jul 16, 2018
Funster No
Within minutes of you leaving your pitch was filled! 😆 oh and the sun came out! Safe travel and here’s to the next meet up. Alison

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Despite the weather (even Ozzie the Osprey made a bid for freedom and had to be recovered from about halfway across the site) it was a great time and met both new and old friends. Particular thanks to Karen and Alan Wombles for their usual efforts which were much appreciated by us all. Safe trip home everyone

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Thanks Wombles .......... Was great to meet up again...

And good to meet up with some old friends and make new ones...

Be it only briefly.... Enjoyed Sat evenings get together.. shame about the weather yesterday, but did manage to have a walk around and a chat with a few...

Till the next time.... Safe journey home to all..

And again Many Thanks... :hugs:

Mo, Judy and Daisy.. :lips::lips::lips::drinks:

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
n case we don't see you to say goodbye then hope you have a safe journey & that we see you again another time.
Sorry Karen and Alan, missed seeing you this morning before we left for Penzance. Thanks for all your hard work in making this annual meet the success it is! Putting names to faces was great at the 'non-gathering'

Good journey back all the way until the Hayle bypass just 7 miles from home, where we lost over an hour because of a big accident (not involving us) which closed the road in both directions.

Take care and will see you next year if we do not bump into you somewhere else beforehand!

Eddy, Clare and Bracken

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Despite the weather not being as friendly as last year it was a good meet and already looking forward to next year, whilst searching for some anti seagull deterrents.

Hope everyone had a better journey home. Thought I'd make a minor detour to see mother in Poole. Shame that none of the satnav systems showed the extent of flooding on the A35 near Lychett Minster.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Despite the weather not being as friendly as last year it was a good meet and already looking forward to next year, whilst searching for some anti seagull deterrents.

Hope everyone had a better journey home. Thought I'd make a minor detour to see mother in Poole. Shame that none of the satnav systems showed the extent of flooding on the A35 near Lychett Minster.
You could cook naked !!
, put the seagulls off there appetite
If not might keep funsters away

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
:X3: Took longer than expected problems on the M5, so got off, then back on further on, so eventually home by 3.15
Was lovely to switch off from work, and relax ( still miffed! Hubby only giving me 6 out of 10 for my slip):LOL:
enjoyed chatting with the Funsters I met(y)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Torrential down pours on way back to Cornwall yesterday , as we approached Cornwall sun came out, got to THS at Newquay 4 pm , lovely evening , bright start to the day and forecast is brill for the week .
Hope everyone got home safe and sound.
off next month to Malvern C/W show.

Oct 17, 2021
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since September 2020
HELP!!!!

Julie & I have weekend tickets for Jurassic Festival and have rung every taxi company for a return tonight.

Every answer has been the same: “no chance mate”!

Has anyone got means of transport tonight (coming back) that they could possibly share as we don’t fancy a late night walk up a very long hill in the dark. Happy to pay expenses in full by way of gratitude.

(We have managed to secure a taxi for tomorrow - phew!)

Thanks loads for any help/suggestions.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back