Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All,
a very much newby here. This is our first venture into the, hopefully, exciting world of motorhoming. We recently purchased a Swift Kon-tiki 640/6 2.5 turbo diesel.
Being an engineer by trade, after initial inspection and purchase I dived into the mechanicals. It only has 56000 miles and all the old MOT's to prove this. Her name is now Connie and I have changed all the belts including a modification to remove the idler gear on the power steering system - a big source of noise and breakdowns. Checked out all mechs and took for a new MOT and all fine. Changed all the filters, oils etc. Have checked them but the week after next I will be changing the cam, pump belts and tensioners as a precaution.
Carried out a full check of all electricals, gas etc - all's well there now. we fitted a TV and freeview system that works great. Put a new CD/radio and music throughout. My Wife carried out some great work on the interior and removed a 'horrible' carpet in the cab area leaving loads of glue trails - so hoping to get some new carpet at Shepton this coming weekend.
The decals are a bit faded so we are on a mission to get these changed - we hope to do these ourselves too.
We are really looking forward to getting involved with this forum/club as we enjoy the fun life now the kids have grown up - truly a MAMIL (middle aged male in lycra) as I will be taking the bike everywhere with us.:roflmto:

Looks a great site and hope we will fit in 'somewhere'. We have put a photo of Connie on here, but not too sure if we have done this right...:Blush:

Regards

Trikeman (Kev and Mair).:thumb:

Attachments

• mh2.jpg
    mh2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 35
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Welcome to the world of motorhoming and wacky Funsters.
Congratulations on your purchase, nice van. I'm sure you will blend in to this site as
most are a friendly crowd. One thing for certain is that if you have a question
someone will have an answer, very helpful members. I have posted many varied
questions and ALWAYS received a response.
I hope you enjoy your chosen retirement package, motorhoming.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi & Welcome to the site (from the isle of wight) pop in to the fun tent while you are at shepton mallet Jim & Sian(the stewards ) will be no doubt pleased to see you , we are going too this is our first time with fun so we also will be pleased to see you and all the other funsters who are attending. Terry:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome, you sound as if you will fit in really well here :welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Hi and welcome:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER