Rally HEREFORD ROWING CLUB RALLY 9TH JUNE 2022 - 13TH JUNE 2022 (2 Viewers)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
is this what you need?

but as there seems to be an abundance of socket sets and help available, then no point buying your own!

great to see funsters helping out, perhaps there could be a 'place/thread' where those less able can be helped by the 'more able'? I am certainly up to do some jobs or help others (within my skill set) if i can help while i am there?

so, who needs any minor jobs tackling that they cant manage themselves?

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
is this what you need?

but as there seems to be an abundance of socket sets and help available, then no point buying your own!

great to see funsters helping out, perhaps there could be a 'place/thread' where those less able can be helped by the 'more able'? I am certainly up to do some jobs or help others (within my skill set) if i can help while i am there?

I’m also happy to help anyone out, I fitted a new toilet seat yesterday. (y):p

C266A32D-A1C8-4032-8A03-DB8C7A80C412.jpeg

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
is this what you need?

That's a great offer MisterB :giggle: . We've got a problem with our kitchen tap, a Reich Vector S. It's not working and we're pretty sure it needs a new microswitch. Graham's removed the cover which reveals the screw which needs to be removed in order to take off the top of the tap, but the screw won't budge.
He's using a Torx 15 screwdriver. He's put WD40 on it - to no avail :confused:.
It could be that we need a new tap or a microswitch, or maybe the wires are corroded.
We'd be really grateful for some input on this, if poss.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
a photo would help.
Hi Lenny, I can barely see said screw with the phone torch. With short arms, fat hands and the wrong spanner nothing resolved the issue. I did try to take the sink flap off to get better access, but despite a variety of screwdrivers none were successful. So very relieved that help will be at hand next week.

Aug 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
You need a 11mm deep socket, a short extension and a ratchet.
I was guessing at an 8mm but couldn't reach to see if it fitted. The screw is over long at least 3" to 4", is there such a deep socket that will fit this?

Appreciate you being willing to take a look. 🤞

As a last resort I'll have to take the sink out to gain access......

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
That's a great offer MisterB :giggle: . We've got a problem with our kitchen tap, a Reich Vector S. It's not working and we're pretty sure it needs a new microswitch. Graham's removed the cover which reveals the screw which needs to be removed in order to take off the top of the tap, but the screw won't budge.
He's using a Torx 15 screwdriver. He's put WD40 on it - to no avail :confused:.
It could be that we need a new tap or a microswitch, or maybe the wires are corroded.
We'd be really grateful for some input on this, if poss.
if ever i find something that cant be removed due to rust, i often use vinegar - its an old trick i learnt years ago to get manhole covers up or stop tap covers up without having to smash them and then replace. its a bit time consuming though and you need to give the vinegar (which is an acid), time to work, i am pretty sure that someone on here will have had the same problem as you, so hopefully someone will pop in and share their info. more than happy to have a go at helping out at hereford though!

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I was guessing at an 8mm but couldn't reach to see if it fitted. The screw is over long at least 3" to 4", is there such a deep socket that will fit this?

Appreciate you being willing to take a look. 🤞

As a last resort I'll have to take the sink out to gain access......
My sink had to come out and it ended up a new tap when the washer went . Just turn the valve off and use bottles until Hereford..dont let it stop you using it .

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
The screw is over long at least 3" to 4", is there such a deep socket that will fit this?
It may be possible to cut off some of the excess thread, to enable a deep socket to fit the nut, but until under there and having a look, it's difficult to be definitive at this stage.

No doubt it'll be like a local council project, ie, one person actually doing the job, with the rest of us all supervising. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock. ;)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
It may be possible to cut off some of the excess thread, to enable a deep socket to fit the nut, but until under there and having a look, it's difficult to be definitive at this stage.

No doubt it'll be like a local council project, ie, one person actually doing the job, with the rest of us all supervising. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock. ;)
I have experience in supervising, but doubt very much I could ever get into 'those clothes we wore' ever again .....😁😁

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I thought that the "screw" with the nut will also screw into place with a flat bladed screwdriver.? If you set the nut at the correct position you can tighten up the screwed rod with a screwdriver without the need to use a spanner on the nut.
That should be sufficient to tighten up the tap.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Trying to keep in the spirit of helping others, i have recently bought a hydraulic crimper - for crimping terminals onto battery cables, i am more than happy to bring it with me if anyone has projects on the go or thinking of doing. you will need your own cables and crimps/terminals though.

perhaps if anyone needs to borrow a specific tool for a one off job (on their motorhome) and they are reluctant to buy a specific tool just for the one job, perhaps if they post on here someone might be able to bring one for them to use?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Trying to keep in the spirit of helping others, i have recently bought a hydraulic crimper - for crimping terminals onto battery cables, i am more than happy to bring it with me if anyone has projects on the go or thinking of doing. you will need your own cables and crimps/terminals though.

perhaps if anyone needs to borrow a specific tool for a one off job (on their motorhome) and they are reluctant to buy a specific tool just for the one job, perhaps if they post on here someone might be able to bring one for them to use?

I can bring my damp meter.
We could start a "lend my tool" club.... (y)

:whistle2: Sits back for comments.. :rofl:

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Hi, just had a thought seeing tools mentioned hope the organisers dont mind.
For sale
X250 fuel filter assembly complete new never needed.£40
Fuel filter tool unused. £15
Fridge vent covers the smaller ones.£5
Dokio 100w semi flex solar panel £65
Anyone interested PM me and I will find them to bring to Hereford.

OP
OP
toledo

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
A PLACE HAS COME AVAILABLE AT HEREFORD IF INTERESTED CONTACT POLLY
THANKS

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Can I ask, being close to the river, what about grey water waste?
Is there a drive over drain, or is it a wastehog situation?

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Can I ask, being close to the river, what about grey water waste?
Is there a drive over drain, or is it a wastehog situation?
You will need to carry the grey waste drain .
I think It’s near the clubhouse .

Last edited:
OP
OP
toledo

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
Sorry not sure swifter may be right will know no on the Wednesday when we speak to the rowing club
Thanks Polly

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
Yes we stayed last year, the Elsa and grey water is outside the clubhouse, showers are up the outside stairs at the back of the clubhouse, bar is up the inside stairs on the first floor.

rerkingsmoor

Free Member
Jul 16, 2009
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Bavaria 1650C A class
Exp
Since 1968
Sorry Polly we are to have to cancel A medical problem

Roger & Dorn