Help! Lost MirrorGuard wing mirror protector (1 Viewer)

Nov 10, 2020
Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar Roadscout
Exp
Since 2017
We’re in Spain and we’ve lost our near side (UK) Mirror Guard wing mirror protector.

We’re near Valencia in Spain on our way down to Morocco.

Does anybody have any idea where we might be able to get a replacement, even if it’s not Mirror Guard.

Our van is a Fiat Ducato with short arm mirrors.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Cant help with the question, but would be interested how it came off.
Ive seen a few videos of people fitting them and they always seem to struggle fitting them securely.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
helzie2020
Nov 10, 2020
Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar Roadscout
Exp
Since 2017
Cant help with the question, but would be interested how it came off.
Ive seen a few videos of people fitting them and they always seem to struggle fitting them securely.
We have no idea how or when it came off. It’s been on for a year with no problem.

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I have met the bloke that makes & sells them, he used to go to The Warners Shows, and did very well, he lives down Somerset way.
I am not sure if he sells them singularly though, hope he does, others will know, shame to have to buy 2 sides when you only need one.
LES

Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Funny we lost our left hand side mirror guard last summer even though I had used 3m double sided tape, it wasn’t knocked off I think it just loosened whilst travelling.

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2018
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
burstner brevio t640
Exp
Since 2010
After last storm my near side cover was on the floor. MH was on drive with wind from behind. Obviously when I fitted it originally I cannot have secured it properly. Hope I’ve done a good job now🤞

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
You can buy them individually on eBay, presumably also elsewhere. I have just such a one spare as a result of having received a pair of rhs sides instead of a proper pair, but you are in Spain? Any dealer should help.

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Funny we lost our left hand side mirror guard last summer even though I had used 3m double sided tape, it wasn’t knocked off I think it just loosened whilst travelling.

Our lefthand MirrorGuard disappeared without us initially noticing while driving through Italy last year, luckily that very nice bobnick came up trumps, thanks again Bob. 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
helzie2020
Nov 10, 2020
Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar Roadscout
Exp
Since 2017
We are only in Spain, travelling, for a few more days so I don’t think we can get anything delivered. I might try some car accessory shops as we travel.

At least searching on Amazon Spain helped with the vocabulary: Busco una carcasa de espejo retrovisor exterior izquierda para Fiat Ducato, brazo corto.

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992

Ditto, mine have fallen off and/or tried to fall off despite repeated attempts to fix securely with various configurations of 3M double sided tape. Tends to be worse in hot weather when the glue softens. I resorted to using a thin self tapper through the casing - didn’t like the idea of one launching into following traffic!

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Mine got clobbered by an HGV on a mountain pass in Germany last summer.

Hymer Mercedes mirror guard = slight scuff marks.
So amazed that yours can be removed with anything less than a spanner or a JCB.

HGV mirror = Knocked off the entire arm, ripped out of the door top and bottom, two big mirrors!
Sailed over the top of our van and hit the wing of the car behind us causing a four figure sum of damage.
(HGV did not stop!)

Upvote 1
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
The reason we had a spare LH mirror guard to GIVE Two-on-Tour is our RH got knocked off in Wales when a bus cut the bend at the wrong time.
Pulled up when i could do so safely, went back and searched forever, could we find it, no, god knows where it went.
Anyway half a mirror no good to me so bought a new pair hense one free mirroe to T-o-T
Your welcome.

Upvote 0
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We had them on our first IH and I agree they’re a devil to fit . Bought them for our second but also lost one after a few months. Not buying anymore. I don’t know if he’s changed the recipe but we’ve heard of more and more people losing them. We have Milenco now. Not quite as sturdy perhaps but at least they don’t fall off on rough roads and they did stand up to us being clipped.

Upvote 0
Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Busco una carcasa de espejo retrovisor exterior izquierda para Fiat Ducato, brazo corto.
That's perfect, you should only add that is a protection cover, for not being confused with the plastic standard back of the mirror itself (carcasa de protección).

If you haven't passed by yet, try CARVISA (passed Tarragona).
They have a big store with lots of spare parts.

Closer to Valencia, you could try VANSiCAMPERS

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
My LH disappeared in France too. I think it went while left in a Carrrefour - funny how so many are the critical side for LHD.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
The small screw
We had them on our first IH and I agree they’re a devil to fit . Bought them for our second but also lost one after a few months. Not buying anymore. I don’t know if he’s changed the recipe but we’ve heard of more and more people losing them. We have Milenco now. Not quite as sturdy perhaps but at least they don’t fall off on rough roads and they did stand up to us being clipped.
The small screw plate on the Milenco's make them more secure, also perhaps preventing the casual unwanted removal of them.
Mike

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
I know, I’m not entirely stupid, I didn’t think it was decorative :giggle:
My post wasn't meant in that vein, more that the Milenco guards have an obvious advantage over other more expensive ones, but are considered by many to be inferior. We have had a few wing mirror joust, but ours have always survived, I attribute this in part to making sure the arms are well lubricated at the pivot points. Sorry for any offence taken.
Mike

Upvote 0
Feb 12, 2019
Funster No
MH
majestic 105
Exp
since 2014
We’re in Spain and we’ve lost our near side (UK) Mirror Guard wing mirror protector.

We’re near Valencia in Spain on our way down to Morocco.

Does anybody have any idea where we might be able to get a replacement, even if it’s not Mirror Guard.

Our van is a Fiat Ducato with short arm mirrors.
Mirror Guard. 07971654936 or www.mirrorguard.co.uk. I lost/nicked one last year and replaced it when I got home. Safe Travels. Regards John.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
helzie2020
Nov 10, 2020
Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar Roadscout
Exp
Since 2017
That's perfect, you should only add that is a protection cover, for not being confused with the plastic standard back of the mirror itself (carcasa de protección).

If you haven't passed by yet, try CARVISA (passed Tarragona).
They have a big store with lots of spare parts.

Closer to Valencia, you could try VANSiCAMPERS
Coincidentally, we were just driving down Carrers del Dofins, looking for Vansicampers when I read your post. Unfortunately, the company no longer seems to have premises there. I looked all up and down the road and could only see houses and flats.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
helzie2020
Nov 10, 2020
Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar Roadscout
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks so much everyone for your input. If we pass any other potential outlets when travelling between here and Algeciras, we'll see if we can get a replacement. If not, we'll need to decide what to do when we get back home: get a replacement LHS MirrorGuard (if that's possible) or just get the cheaper Milencos.

Upvote 0
Apr 20, 2022
Brighouse, UK
Funster No
MH
Autoquest 155 2016
Exp
Since 2020
Thanks so much everyone for your input. If we pass any other potential outlets when travelling between here and Algeciras, we'll see if we can get a replacement. If not, we'll need to decide what to do when we get back home: get a replacement LHS MirrorGuard (if that's possible) or just get the cheaper Milencos.
Every aire is a potential outlet 😂

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back