Has anyone stopped at Cite Europe recently (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Good morning

Just wondering if anyone has stopped at Cite Europe lately and any problems?

We ve never stopped there always preferring to be an hour or so away from calais but the tunnel is fully booked on saturday so could only get an early one.

Jon

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
If lately could be 2 weeks ago. No problems or worries. Absolutely jammers - returning for school and work, with Brits though, but plenty of Police patrols, but very noisy.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We used it for the first time three weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised how convenient it was and how safe it felt. We have always got an hour away in the past but would definitely use it again, that is if she can blackmail me into crossing the channel again.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Used it last week for 3 nights. Carrefour opposite, can walk the dog on fields, plenty of other MHs, FREE to park!
The new Calais aire is €10 plus €3 for water when they have jetons! and no view of the boats anymore!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Used it Saturday night for a early Saturday train. Haven't used it for a couple of year, preferring Wissant instead, but used it to avoid driving in the dark. It was packed on arrival Saturday afternoon cleared out a bit during the evening still a good few overnighters.
No problems, when I opened the blinds at 5am plod was cruising around, I had heard a car during the night and assumed (hoped) it was them checking thoughout the night.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Stayed Sunday before last. No problems at all, as is usual. Plenty of spaces and had a nice quiet night. Next day into Carrefour for supplies and then on our way.

It really is a no brainer if you are using the tunnel. 5 minutes at most after leaving the train and you are parked up.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We may be there tomorrow night on our way south, have used it quite a few times in the past year with no problems.
Cheers
Ed

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
We will be there tomorrow too for a shop and a beer before early sat am crossing, never had a problem at Cité Europe btw.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Stayed Sunday before last. No problems at all, as is usual. Plenty of spaces and had a nice quiet night. Next day into Carrefour for supplies and then on our way.

It really is a no brainer if you are using the tunnel. 5 minutes at most after leaving the train and you are parked up.

Is there a quick way to get to City Europe aire if you are arriving via tunnel from UK?

On our previous visit to the aire we took signs to A16 Boulogne then exited next junction and eventually to City Europe - must have taken at least 15 minutes.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Thanks everyone

I think we'll try Wissant first and go there if its full.

Jon
I have never heard of anybody who has had a problem at Cité Europe but several attempted thefts at Wissant, btw the way I have also stayed at Wissant without problem!

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
We used it for the first time three weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised how convenient it was and how safe it felt. We have always got an hour away in the past but would definitely use it again, that is if she can blackmail me into crossing the channel again.
Apparently the soggies were there the same night as us,never heard a cheep from then or anyone else. ;) Stayed many times with no problems.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We have probably stopped at Cite Europe about six times in the last year plus many times before that.
We have naver had a problem or felt in the slightest uncomfortable. There is stacks of space, you could literally get hundreds of vans in there. Most times we have stopped there have been 10-12 other vans parked up.

If you are coming off the train follow the usual stream of cars but take a right turn immediately after the narrow road where the Gendarmes have a check point/guard point. It is signed Cite Europe, at the roundabout turn left ( 2nd exit) and left again at the next one. Aire is on the left marked by a sign and big yellow entrance markers.

Richard.

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
Arrived at Cité Europe on Monday 26th at approx 3pm, 4 ladies each with our own vans. Lots of room in car park, we sat outside on our chairs and then went into shops. A couple went there for a meal later. It was very quiet, I walked my dog about 10.15pm and very quiet only me walking around. Felt very safe. Got to tunnel for 8am the following morning. I think the trouble is at the ferries not at cité Europe.

Veronica

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
For the car park without height barrier you need Boulevard du Kent and the entrance is opposite Toys R Us.

Veronica

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
We have probably stopped at Cite Europe about six times in the last year plus many times before that.
We have naver had a problem or felt in the slightest uncomfortable. There is stacks of space, you could literally get hundreds of vans in there. Most times we have stopped there have been 10-12 other vans parked up.

If you are coming off the train follow the usual stream of cars but take a right turn immediately after the narrow road where the Gendarmes have a check point/guard point. It is signed Cite Europe, at the roundabout turn left ( 2nd exit) and left again at the next one. Aire is on the left marked by a sign and big yellow entrance markers.

Richard.
And these two were there another time. :LOL:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Is there a quick way to get to City Europe aire if you are arriving via tunnel from UK?

On our previous visit to the aire we took signs to A16 Boulogne then exited next junction and eventually to City Europe - must have taken at least 15 minutes.
After you leave the train keep on the one way road out. Then take the very first slip road on the right which is signposted for Cite Europe. Last couple of times we were there there were temporary security barriers so get in the right hand lane. Follow road around, turn left at the first roundabout, then left again at the next roundabout by the hotel. Follow the road up past the Mcdonalds and the Aire is on the left signposted with a Moho sign.

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001

Richard.

That's useful, as I've followed the sat nav and done the "scenic route"

Andrew

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
If you want fuel, gas etc go straight on at first roundabout and left at next roundabout when you come out of Carrefoure garage

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Don't forget at the Carrefour Garage you can drop your grey, empty your cassette emptying and fill your fresh water for €3 for 20 minutes. However, the Flot Bleu tokens required to operate the pedestal are only available from the kiosk, unless you have them already, when the garage is manned, which is usually daytimes.

Jul 24, 2009
Summer in UK, then NZ
Funster No
MH
Cabover
Exp
Since 2002
We stayed last Friday night ready for an early crossing on Saturday. It was lovely and quiet. We didn't see anyone we could have possibly been suspicious of. We also apologise to all our neighbours; our gas ran out at 4.30 a.m. and I wanted to keep the fridge nice and cold for all the cheese, butter and meats I was taking home. Needed to change the bottle over - we were as quiet as we could be.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Does anyone have the coordinates for cite europe please

I don't do coordinates but found recently you can use google maps to find them (y)

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...:0xa42691b0d74e4e05!8m2!3d50.93374!4d1.809074

the aire is in the square area on the right

upload_2017-9-28_22-24-31.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back