Guide for travellers, Whats the best thing to see near you? (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Whats the best thing to see near you?

Well, that's probably the wife, but I have not listed her as a tourist attraction, tho if there is money to be made..................................

Seriously, Tyneside is worth a visit, loads of history from Roman times thro to industrial heritage.
A good campsite right across the road from the beach in South Shields.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We live about Tenminutes from Stonehenge in the middle of Salisbury Plain but the best thing is all the wildlife as it is mostly MOD training areas and artillery ranges

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We live about Tenminutes from Stonehenge in the middle of Salisbury Plain but the best thing is all the wildlife as it is mostly MOD training areas and artillery ranges
You can wild camp on the bye way close to the stones

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
10 minute walk to Tower Bridge/The Tate and the Thames.Views of the shard from the kitchen , all in the best city in the world . Where I live free parking from Friday 18:30 until 08:30 Monday morning we have the occasional MH on the weekend. :)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
We live 20 minutes from Brecon, and 25 from the Beacons. The canal is 100 metres and the River Usk 200 metres away from our home. MHome friendly overnight parking (some free)in all the towns in our county of Powys. Mountains, rivers, waterfalls diverse wildlife the Brecon Jazz Festival. 25 minutes to Hay on Wye with it's bookshops and annual Festival
Many great places to eat and drink and places to overnight for free with safety away from the towns if you wish.
20 minutes in the other direction, Abergavenny with it's food festival and some good places to eat and drink. Over the hill and 20 minutes again, Big Pit the Pontypool and Blaenavon heritage railway and so on.
Come to Wales...........please...we need your money.(y)

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
10 minute walk to Tower Bridge/The Tate and the Thames.Views of the shard from the kitchen , all in the best city in the world . Where I live free parking from Friday 18:30 until 08:30 Monday morning we have the occasional MH on the weekend. :)

We could have a mini meet at your place then :D

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
15 min on the mway to Glasgow city centre, 45 min to Edinburgh and 20 min to Stirling, not to mention Loch Lomond 40 mins

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
We live 20 minutes from Brecon, and 25 from the Beacons. The canal is 100 metres and the River Usk 200 metres away from our home. MHome friendly overnight parking (some free)in all the towns in our county of Powys. Mountains, rivers, waterfalls diverse wildlife the Brecon Jazz Festival. 25 minutes to Hay on Wye with it's bookshops and annual Festival
Many great places to eat and drink and places to overnight for free with safety away from the towns if you wish.
20 minutes in the other direction, Abergavenny with it's food festival and some good places to eat and drink. Over the hill and 20 minutes again, Big Pit the Pontypool and Blaenavon heritage railway and so on.
Come to Wales...........please...we need your money.(y)
I'm leaving next week! Will spend lots!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Do you mean the lochs or the locks where the boats on the canals park up?

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
There's always a welcome in these hillsides for those that do that!:D
I found out I'm half Welsh. It was like William Wallace finding out he's was half English!.... It might have happened! After I recovered from the shock my blood was not blue but half red I realised it was the blue bit that was my issue! Love Dragons.com

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I found out I'm half Welsh. It was like William Wallace finding out he's was half English!.... It might have happened! After I recovered from the shock my blood was not blue but half red I realised it was the blue bit that was my issue! Love Dragons.com

Well for someone whose half, it can be free!! There are a wealth of good safe free overnighters here and if I can give you pointers I will.............I do that for the English too butty (but for money).;)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Whats the best thing to see near you?

Well, that's probably the wife, but I have not listed her as a tourist attraction, tho if there is money to be made..................................

Seriously, Tyneside is worth a visit, loads of history from Roman times thro to industrial heritage.
A good campsite right across the road from the beach in South Shields.

hi

What`s that site like? My Grandson is at Tyneside college near there. It could be useful for taking "red cross parcels"? AKA "granny's" "Comforts" for her little man!! (22 and still the "apple of her eye")!!!!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Lancing College Chapel.

Viewed from our back garden.

P1000023.JPG

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
hi

What`s that site like? My Grandson is at Tyneside college near there. It could be useful for taking "red cross parcels"? AKA "granny's" "Comforts" for her little man!! (22 and still the "apple of her eye")!!!!

Very close to all amenities, esp. beach in the summer and curry houses and bars in the winter !

Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back