Guide for travellers, Whats the best thing to see near you? (1 Viewer)

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
I live in Berlin currently, if you get anywhere near, the City itself is awash with poignant history. The Olympia Stadion self guided Tour including entry to The Glockensturm for 7 euros is a must see. The DDR Museum is a fascinating insight to life on the other side of The Wall (6 euros) and The Topography of Terror (free) is a hugely sobering insight of t.he rise and effect of The Nazi Party. Other than that just walk from Brandenburger Tor and The Reichstag down Unter Den Linden every Embassy etc is on the way down to Alexander Platz and Karl Marx Allee. In short, Berlin is well worth a visit.

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Can you give location and where to park a motorhome please
Sorry I can't give you coordinates as I am in Morocco and the bandwidth won't stand me looking it up on Goole earth. Head for Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant. It is sign posted from the village.Be careful there are 2 Llanrhaeadrs, the other is 50 mile away!
A warning though, it is 5 miles up a narrow single track road with passing places and is a popular distination during weekends and holidays. As I said I'm a 20 min walk away, but must admit it's years since I visited. You can park at the end of the road.
Dick

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
From here it is 40Minn to Stonehenge, an hour from the Jurassic coast, 20 minutes to Bath and 40 minutes to Bristol, we are in site of the Westbury White Horse and 20 minutes from Lacock Abbey.

Deleted User
We are currently based in Scarborough, fantastic beach and walks for the dogs, but it's very motorhome unfriendly here :( best you can get here is a disc for three to four hours parking and try for a spot around south cliff area where the roads are wide enough to park. it's enough time for a walk and fish and chips :)

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Many beaches within a 20 minute drive or, I can walk to the beach in about 45 mins from my house. Great walks along the river Dee, 10 mins from my house. The Deeside Way, under 5 mins walk from my house. Loads of places to go within an hours drive, i.e. castles, beaches, forest walks, historic sites etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Many beaches within a 20 minute drive or, I can walk to the beach in about 45 mins from my house. Great walks along the river Dee, 10 mins from my house. The Deeside Way, under 5 mins walk from my house. Loads of places to go within an hours drive, i.e. castles, beaches, forest walks, historic sites etc.
Do you know any good places free near to park a motorhome

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
We are currently based in Scarborough, fantastic beach and walks for the dogs, but it's very motorhome unfriendly here :( best you can get here is a disc for three to four hours parking and try for a spot around south cliff area where the roads are wide enough to park. it's enough time for a walk and fish and chips :)
Thanks for the warning

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Do you know any good places free near to park a motorhome
Yes sir, Aberdeen beach promenade or Riverside Drive (lay-by or Duthie Park car park. Also Hazelhead Park and Stonhaven beach is only 20 mins from Aberdeen. Google Earth will show you the coordinates. As with all of these types of places, it's best not to overstay your welcome (y)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
5 mins from doncaster race course, doncaster lakside, lake shoping and sport complex.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Do you know any good places for motorhomes near there for free

With the slight problem, you don't have a motorhome. You really need to stress RV to get better information even though we know what you have here and now.

Plenty of room for you at Chester for the Easter meet.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Watch the Sunrise from Pendennis Point(There is a small free Carpark there) Falmouth, as long as you don't overstay your welcome it's M/H friendly.
Then a lazy trip to the NT Gwithian Carpark (pay and display) If you're up to it, a stroll along the beach (to the right) gather yourself some Mussels, and watch the Sun set over the Celtic Sea/Atlantic

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
Southport is a good place to visit. Lots to see and do and reasonably Motorhome friendly. I guess some of you have visited here though. If you come again take the coast road to the north end of town and there is a parking place (free) for all but the largest RV next to the RSPB reserve.
All 10 minutes walk for me. The North end of Southport is the oldest part and well worth a visit. Catch an 49 bus and get off at the Botanic Gardens. The church next door was consecrated in the 1100s, lovely place and worth a visit.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Broken Link Removed
Beeston Castle - superb vistas from the top in the right conditions.

Broken Link Removed
Jodrell Bank - hilldweller will probably know which hill this was taken from.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Do you know any good places for motorhomes near there for free

round the lake there are large wide parking bays, the car park at the lakside shoping complex is large, Ive seem m/hs parked in the roads behind this, the car park at the cinema/pub/resturant complex is very large, as is the coach park at the dome sports complex and of course the football stadium, just to the south of doncaster on the reftord road there is a pub called the pilgrim fathers there is a small campsite (cheap) behind it.

google earth is you friend here

doncaster lakeside

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Within 1hr north west - the Peak District. 30 mins north Sherwood Forest, The Dukeries, Clumber Park etc. 1 hr east - historic Lincoln. 45 mins south The National Forest & National Memorial.
Bit further afield, York & harrogate - we live 5 mins away from M1 & A 38.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
15 minutes from Dover for the ferries. 30 minutes from Eurotunnel. 30 minutes from Canterbury where there is dedicated overnight MH parking in the Dover Road Park & Ride £3.00 to include bus into Canterbury. Canterbury is a lovely historic city to visit. Dover Castle, Deal Castle, Walmer Castle all within easy reach. Broadstairs for the Dickens connection.

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Whitby ,Sandsend,Robin Hoods Bay ,Staithes and the North Yorkshire Moors all a delight to look forward to when we get home in the Spring . Right now we are anchored in a the delightful Man O War Cay harbour in the Abacos ....propably the loveliest island we have seen on this trip .

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
IMG_1783.JPG

Five Min drive from This (A tribute to Canadian Airmen Lost in WW2) at Lisset on the way to Bridlington. East Yorks. Laser cut out of steel. the faces reputed to be from an original Photograph.
Pete.

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp