maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Very interesting, I convinced myself a little while ago that I needed a Gtec, so off I went to do some research around the shops, went to Currys first, where I was approached by a very nice Dyson man, I explained very nicely that I would never have a Dyson can't stand them, so I then asked were the Gtec were in the huge display of various cleaners.

To my surprise they said they had stopped stocking them as they had so much trouble getting parts for customers and John Lewis had stopped stocking them as well so it was back to the drawing board for me. Interesting to see that every one seems pleased with them and does not seem to be a issue with needing spare parts.

It's Dysons that need spare parts, as far as I know Gtech are direct sales only so not surprising they are not on display. Customer service is good, we were short of a part and it was sent immediately no questions. Parts are pricey but we have never needed any after several years, and I think you will find Dyson parts are equally pricey. The house Mrs Maxi ran had 3 dysons and one was always away for repair

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Sorry gtech fans but the Dyson is much much more powerful and that is without using the turbo button.
So if I understand right?
If i ever find myself in a dog fight between a ping pong ball and two vacuum cleaners
Your saying put your money on the Dyson.(y)

Have you any data relevant to there usefulness in cleaning carpets and floors per chance ?:rofl::rofl:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Very interesting, I convinced myself a little while ago that I needed a Gtec, so off I went to do some research around the shops, went to Currys first, where I was approached by a very nice Dyson man, I explained very nicely that I would never have a Dyson can't stand them, so I then asked were the Gtec were in the huge display of various cleaners.

To my surprise they said they had stopped stocking them as they had so much trouble getting parts for customers and John Lewis had stopped stocking them as well so it was back to the drawing board for me. Interesting to see that every one seems pleased with them and does not seem to be a issue with needing spare parts.

Think Mr salesman was telling fibs Carol :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The thing that puts me off the G-tech is its tiny capacity. With two Border collies I find that our large Vax will often need emptying before doing the whole house, as there can be enough hair to stuff a cushion (OK only a small one). I think I would need to empty the G-Tech after every room.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
So if I understand right?
If i ever find myself in a dog fight between a ping pong ball and two vacuum cleaners
Your saying put your money on the Dyson.(y)

Have you any data relevant to there usefulness in cleaning carpets and floors per chance ?:rofl::rofl:
I would think. With the Dyson being more powerful it would pick up more dust etc. Which as far as I know is the reason we have vacuums.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
GTEC missionaries are out in force today!

My cordless Dyson is excellent. In fact I probably vaccuum more often now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
The thing that puts me off the G-tech is its tiny capacity. With two Border collies I find that our large Vax will often need emptying before doing the whole house, as there can be enough hair to stuff a cushion (OK only a small one). I think I would need to empty the G-Tech after every room.
Its My Collie that does the hoovering so it has to be light and re chargeable, he's not allowed to play with 240v he's only 4 3/4 ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back