GTEC VAC CLEANER? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Has anybody got a Gtec vac cleaner and if so what do they think of them?

I had a look and tried their Gtec electric bike and the best way to put it I thought they were "crap", so you can see why I am asking about their vac

colyboy

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
"I invented it coz I am too thick to plug in a cable".

My rule of rechargeable gadgets is they always go flat just before you finish the job.

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Bought G-Tec 9 months ago, upright and hand held and both the best I have ever used, actually enjoy hoovering now, they really do perform as per advert! The charge does last to do the job and quick to charge. Had various Dyson models before over the years and there is no comparison, now regard as clumsy and heavy and realise they were not cleaning and picking up as good as the G-Tecs. Easier to store as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We have quite a few G-techs, both cleaners for indoor and tools for the garden ... we take a hand held vac in the mo-ho.(y)
They all do a good job although emtying the cleaners does create small dust storms ... unlike the tv adds.:rolleyes:

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
We have a Dyson. Mum has a gtech. We had a competition, place a ping pong ball on the floor Dyson on one side gtech on the other side. Turn both on, which do you think sucked the ping pong ball to the vac?

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Jean says,
We have had the air ram and hand-held for about 9 months. They are extremely light and easy to carry around. You are not 'tied' with a cable. The suction is very good. You can go from carpet to any floor and it still picks up well. She has never run out of charge while cleaning the whole house. They stand upright so take up no room to store. She wouldn't hesitate to recommend one and if buying another cleaner would definitely go for one of these. The compacted bales are easy to empty and can't say we've had the dust cloud except with the hand-held one.

Sounds like she's doing an advert for them! But she's just geniunely impressed.

I think the worst thing about them is the TV advert.

Wyn

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We've got the Air Ram at home and and the Multi (handheld) in the van.

They're both great bits of kit. Can't fault either of them.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Tried the Dyson Ball Cleaner That was painfull swelling nearly gone though
but to answer your question
Yes G tec Fans through and through upright and hand held

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
We were given a demonstration of one when we went to,view the bungalow we are buying and were very impressed so much so that I think we will buy one.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
My daughter has an upright and the multi. She said it was $hite, won't clean, and leaves dirt behind. I cleaned the filters, and emptied them both, now they work fantastically. She had never emptied the damn things, or cleaned the filters since she had them!

Craig

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ram Air downstairs at home.. one of the smaller ones upstairs.. And another in the van.. All work really well !

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I bought SWMBO the cordless vacuum and the hand held. She says they are by far the best vacuum cleaners she's ever had. Dyson was too unwieldy (may be better now) and heavy. Hoover, Electrolux etc were never in the running these days.
The G-Techs certainly clean the whole house without recharging part way through. Absolutely no problem in recommending the G-Tech vacuum cleaners. Not tried any other products.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Our Gtech rechargeable cleaner is 8 years old now and still works perfect we are thinking of getting a new one but only because it's a bit more versatile.
Expensive but worth the money.
Had a Dyson hated it got rid of it.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Bought a Multi to use in the RV, it's brilliant. Works really well, and more than enough on one charge to do the entire RV. And we have a dog.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Jean says,
We have had the air ram and hand-held for about 9 months. They are extremely light and easy to carry around. You are not 'tied' with a cable. The suction is very good. You can go from carpet to any floor and it still picks up well. She has never run out of charge while cleaning the whole house. They stand upright so take up no room to store. She wouldn't hesitate to recommend one and if buying another cleaner would definitely go for one of these. The compacted bales are easy to empty and can't say we've had the dust cloud except with the hand-held one.

Sounds like she's doing an advert for them! But she's just geniunely impressed.

I think the worst thing about them is the TV advert.

Wyn
Hi
I LOVE the advert,i watch it to see what the dog will do next,mind you,it is a Border Collie,top dog....

Oh the G-Tec Thingy.... Think we will have to buy a new one,the years old one went scuba diving by accident,and now wont charge......Doh!!
Tea Bag..."Walkies!"

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Have the Gtech upright and multi. Work fine on hard floors and rugs ( I don't have carpets) Multi is brilliant for cleaning the car of dog hairs. Found Dysons far too heavy.

Jul 26, 2015
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Hoping to buy 2016
Exp
None whatsoever
I love my G Tech upright and Multi. One of the best things we have bought.Multi is brilliant for stairs and of course the Motorhome.
Hated my previous cleaner which was a Dyson,far too heavy.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
We had a Dyson rechargeable one, it stopped working after a time and needed a new battery which I bought for £70ish It went wrong a gain the battery was as dead as a dodo when we tried to use it even though it was on charge as it was meant to be, got another battery and bang the charger went up in smoke, The charger was the fault it never actually charged anything the battery died as it has a minimum value and once it drop below that voltage it DIES permanent. I could not produce the original receipt so the company told me to swivel.
I will NEVER BUY another Dyson for any reason at all, the ordinary mains ones block all the time, too many filters on them. Forget the bagless bit it is always the filters.

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Mrs Maxi was a professional house keeper and she will not give house space to a Dyson, but is very happy with her Gtechs. The inventor is an ex Vax employee so probably knows his stuff.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Mrs Maxi was a professional house keeper and she will not give house space to a Dyson, but is very happy with her Gtechs. The inventor is an ex Vax employee so probably knows his stuff.
I am an ex-London Rubber Company employee.. Sadly that does not make me an expert though !!! ;)

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
We have a Dyson. Mum has a gtech. We had a competition, place a ping pong ball on the floor Dyson on one side gtech on the other side. Turn both on, which do you think sucked the ping pong ball to the vac?

Well put us out of our misery!!:whistle:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
wife said we need to sell all the unused stuff we got lying around the house,i said we could start with the vacuum cleaner:LOL::LOL:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Very interesting, I convinced myself a little while ago that I needed a Gtec, so off I went to do some research around the shops, went to Currys first, where I was approached by a very nice Dyson man, I explained very nicely that I would never have a Dyson can't stand them, so I then asked were the Gtec were in the huge display of various cleaners.

To my surprise they said they had stopped stocking them as they had so much trouble getting parts for customers and John Lewis had stopped stocking them as well so it was back to the drawing board for me. Interesting to see that every one seems pleased with them and does not seem to be a issue with needing spare parts.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back