Getting fresh water IN (4 Viewers)

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
So, I get to a site that I intend to stay on for maybe a week.

I fill the fresh water tank on the way in, head to the pitch and set up. A couple of days of cooking, tea and coffee, washing and showers later I need more fresh water. I take my aqua-roll and fill it but how do I get that water into the inboard tank?

We just start the engine, dump the waste water at the motorhome point, fill up with fresh water at the same time and back home in 5 minutes all done. All those Aqua-roll things and waste water tanks on two wheels are for those who like caravans!!

Dave.

Last edited:

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
. All those Aqua-roll things and waste water tanks on two wheels are for those who like caravans!!

Or those who don't like caravans but choose a different approach to you!

There is no right or wrong way, we each have to find a system which suits their lifestyle and use of motorhome!

I find it offensive, being told that I should like caravaning, I have tried it and it is not for me. I have had motorhomes for 27 years and using aquarolls suit me, but I don't tell everyone they should copy me.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
We used to use a watering van but have now opted for a bit of guttering called the "filler of doom". Don't know why it's called that but it can also be used for an emergency enema. We usually have an empty water bottle for drinking water from the supermarket and just top up with that.

View attachment 188013 View attachment 188014
I use something similar incorporating one of those cheap black funnels they sell at shows. We have a large water container we use for drinking and cooking water, it has a tap, as well as a screw top, and we use that to top up the water in the tank using my home made filler!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We just start the engine, dump the waste water at the motorhome point, fill up with fresh water at the same time and back home in 5 minutes all done. All those Aqua-roll things and waste water tanks on two wheels are for those who like caravans!!

Dave.

Hmmm.

So......

Remove the external screens,
Take down the windbreaks (dog enclosure) or awning,
Wind in the canopy,
Unplug the EHU,
Drop off of the levelling blocks and get them out of the way,
Stow everything that's going to fall over or fly around the inside of the van,

Drive off to sort the water out, come back and do all that again in reverse.

Quicker than a couple of Aquaroll trips? Seriously? :rolleyes:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Hmmm.

So......

Wind in the canopy,
Unplug the EHU,

My view entirely. I spend a number of week-long stays with a group of friends some of whom have caravans and others motorhomes. On other occasions l use the motorhome to tour with maximum 3-day stopovers. My water and waste tanks last 3 - 4 days so I fill up and empty using the most appropriate method. I carry an Aquaroll and Wastemaster for the longer stays. The van has a conventional filler (a hole with a cap) and adjacent to it a Whale filler added by me. Power to the Whale filler and drop-in pump is controlled from inside the van by a module that detects the pump speeding up when the Aquaroll is empty so I don't have supervise the water transfer. For those who argue that a watering can provides an opportunity for exercise I can offer free eye-droppers the use of which will enhance substantially their exercise regimes :D.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Hmmm.

So......

Wind in the canopy,
Unplug the EHU,

A fair point but as a non- sarcastic question, if you've used say 100l of water (I.e. A tankful), surely the waste is full or on the way to being full too? Do you use a waste hog type container and take that over too?

Just curious, cos we do find driving to the tap very easy but rarely stay more than 3 days in any one place so aquaroll solution or watering can solutions aren't really our thing.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I do have a pump unit I made myself using some figure of 8 silicon tubing water up one tube from the pump and cable down the other and fitted a Hella socket in the garage. Our last van only had a 100 Lt tank so we always carried 2 x 20Lt containers full in the garage. Current van has a 160 Lt tank so we can do 4-5 days with both of us having a shower every day so don't bother carring spare water now apart from a small 10 Lt container in case we get stuck.
When on an Aire or rare occation on a site the vans got an engine and wheels so we just drive to the service point, can't be a'sed to lug containers of water about, and the waste needs empting anyway certainly wouldn't want 10 or 15 trips with buckets every few days to empty the waste.

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I think I am one of the Lucky ones, two water tanks 1 x under seat 100 litre and 1 x underslung 400 litre
RS 016.JPG

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
A fair point but as a non- sarcastic question, if you've used say 100l of water (I.e. A tankful), surely the waste is full or on the way to being full too? Do you use a waste hog type container and take that over too?

If we're in the same place long enough to need to do that then yes, that's exactly what I do. (y)

It's quite rare for us to be in one place that long though.

One of the times when we do tend to be in the same place long enough for it to be an issue would be at music festivals. In those fields moving the van isn't generally possible even if we wanted to.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
All this showering every day, or in some cases twice a day.
You must be a right mucky lot. :Eeek:

What on earth are you getting up to when you are away on your hols? :D:D:D

Richard.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I've been watching the watering can brigade, and calculated that it would take me 74 visits to the tap to fill my fresh water tank from empty, so I use a hose

I once had to walk 150m to the water tap through a forest, no way of getting MH near it , with 6 x 6 litre water containers & 3 trips:cry:

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
All this showering every day, or in some cases twice a day.
You must be a right mucky lot. :Eeek:

What on earth are you getting up to when you are away on your hols? :D:D:D

Richard.
Amazing how sweaty I can get cycling/ running/ kayaking so depending on activity in the day maybe more than one shower is needed!

Nothing quite like a mucky holiday with the missus ....

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I use 1 or 2 of those 8 litre water bottles that are common in Spain. If you don't want to buy one there are always plenty in the recycling area of camp sites. If you keep them they weigh nothing when empty but they can be thrown once you leave the site as they are so easy to replace. I usually top up the fresh water every day on site with a couple of bottles full. With the grey waste I drain into a bucket once a day and dump it at the same time I refill the water bottles.

Snap!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Use a watering can they say !!!!!!!!!!!!
The way we get through water I would wear a trench to the tap ..
Three to four 40 litre barrels every 3 days
I use a submersible pump ( £5 second hand ) and a bit of hose..
I fitted a cigar lighter socket in a locker and plug the pump in to that

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
Like @tonyidle' horses for courses. We carry one cassette hose 30m plus one layflat for when tap is within 60m. Otherwise Fiamma fw (takes up less space than an Aquaroll) plus a subpump if we don't want to moveand I'm feeling lazy. Waste is another Fiamma. Oh, and we also have a watering can for when I'm not feeling lazy....:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back