Getting Close!!! (8 Viewers)

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
We have trawled and perused so many motorhomes....but I think we are on the verge of finding the right one!!
<Broken link removed>
Going to look tomorrow. I have my list of MH fun questions thanks to you clever people!!! Will keep you posted. 🙈🙊🙉
Crikey. It's a tardis. Small on the outside, big on the inside.

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
So, we are home. Left a £250 holding deposit which is entirely refundable if the road test doesn't go well. If it does then they are doing:
*4 new tyres
*cambelt
*MOT
*if needed a water pump
*reseal of roof light (I was looking really hard for snags!)
*two door catches a bit stiff (adjustable on hinges)
The garage space dry as the Sahara. I found chocs and levelling ramps, awning sides to go on the wind out.
There is what appears to be a small tv on a hydraulic system in a cupboard....
Overcab bed immaculate-looks brand new. Outside one of the decals has a bit of sun craze...I have a man who can replicate.
My other half is already twittering about alloy wheels 🙈.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Get water pump done when belt is, as you don’t know when done last, I’d also be pushing for a gas bottle as they are hard and costly (for what they are) currently.

Make sure you are happy with clutch/gbox, and the handbrake (you don’t want it being weak, or coming up too high)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
So fa, so good.

Re the battery: if the vehicle battery is flat then maybe it has not been on EHU for a long time, in which case the leisure batteries may be suspect. Get them all checked under load.

I would be most interested in the price you are paying, just to judge the market for ours, but if you do not want to reveal that is OK, or PM me.

When you have taken possession I can give you some tips on use of a couple of things - nothing serious. just convenience.

Geoff

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Update!!! Dilemma time....honest opinions please! So we put a refundable deposit on the 2005 Neismann and Bischoff Arto 69gl because the battery was totally dead and they wouldn't be able to get a new one til Tuesday...all fine. Then I make the fatal mistake of going on Auto Trader this morning and find....
Broken Link Removed
Not two fixed beds but much newer van for same price. What would you do?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Rear lounge next to no garage so completely different van, only you know what is right for you so you need to be looking at all the options and working out what is important to you.

Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
So, we are home. Left a £250 holding deposit which is entirely refundable if the road test doesn't go well. If it does then they are doing:
*4 new tyres
*cambelt
*MOT
*if needed a water pump
*reseal of roof light (I was looking really hard for snags!)
*two door catches a bit stiff (adjustable on hinges)
The garage space dry as the Sahara. I found chocs and levelling ramps, awning sides to go on the wind out.
There is what appears to be a small tv on a hydraulic system in a cupboard....
Overcab bed immaculate-looks brand new. Outside one of the decals has a bit of sun craze...I have a man who can replicate.
My other half is already twittering about alloy wheels 🙈.
Ask which garage is doing the work. Just up the road from there is Church Garage Engineering, a proper old school place. Used by lots of small commercials and farmers etc. I’d ask for the work to be done there.

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
As Funflair said, very different layouts in the vans. The Dethleff has a lot more living space and still has a bed over the cab, so no need to make one up each night but does have less garage space.

It depends how you are going to use the van and what is important to you. There are compromises with all vans, you need to decide what you are willing to compromise on, to get something else that is more important to you.

Why don't you see if you can view the Dethleff today, as seeing it in the flesh may help you to decide.

As you found on the 2007 van you looked at, sometimes something just doesn't feel right with the van and you can then discount it. When we were looking for our current motorhome, we had decided on the model we wanted and had narrowed it down to 2 to view, on paper one looked the better option but when we viewed them, there was something not right about the first van and the 2nd one was much better when we saw it. We brought it 4 years ago and have no intention of changing it any time soon.

Good luck (y)

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
As Funflair said, very different layouts in the vans. The Dethleff has a lot more living space and still has a bed over the cab, so no need to make one up each night but does have less garage space.

It depends how you are going to use the van and what is important to you. There are compromises with all vans, you need to decide what you are willing to compromise on, to get something else that is more important to you.

Why don't you see if you can view the Dethleff today, as seeing it in the flesh may help you to decide.

As you found on the 2007 van you looked at, sometimes something just doesn't feel right with the van and you can then discount it. When we were looking for our current motorhome, we had decided on the model we wanted and had narrowed it down to 2 to view, on paper one looked the better option but when we viewed them, there was something not right about the first van and the 2nd one was much better when we saw it. We brought it 4 years ago and have no intention of changing it any time soon.

Good luck (y)
It would be 2 and a half hour drive!! Typical..🙈 There are 3 of us plus the 2 dogs...other half fancies fixed bed 🙄

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Layout is most important and so is garage space difficult one . I would stand in each one as though you were living in it .and then decide

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
It is being done there...
Get the engine sorted and the batteries and you have a bullet proof MH,once you actually have it home and got the feel of it speak to Geoff - Nicholsong he’s a master of knowledge about your MH to be and will give you all the guidance you will ever need.
A free Mentor what’s to loose.

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Get the engine sorted and the batteries and you have a bullet proof MH,once you actually have it home and got the feel of it speak to Geoff - Nicholsong he’s a master of knowledge about your MH to be and will give you all the guidance you will ever need.
A free Mentor what’s to loose.
Thank you!!

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Update!!! Dilemma time....honest opinions please! So we put a refundable deposit on the 2005 Neismann and Bischoff Arto 69gl because the battery was totally dead and they wouldn't be able to get a new one til Tuesday...all fine. Then I make the fatal mistake of going on Auto Trader this morning and find....
Broken Link Removed
Not two fixed beds but much newer van for same price. What would you do?

Well it is not much newer - 3 years on those era quality MHs is not much difference.

You had decided on the Arto 69GL, so if the dealer can sort out the battery problems stick with your original decision, but hold the dealer's legs to the fire.

Geoff

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Well it is not much newer - 3 years on those era quality MHs is not much difference.

You had decided on the Arto 69GL, so if the dealer can sort out the battery problems stick with your original decision, but hold the dealer's legs to the fire.

Geoff
It was only a problem because they couldn't get the new battery until tomorrow...no great deal.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Looking at both the 2007 and 2005 adverts there appears to be a difference in the internal layouts. The 2005 model has a larger lounge area which is made possible by the bed over the garage being smaller which makes it a large single rather than a double would this be an issue?

Also the DVLA details do not show any weight for the 2005 one, you need to check it is not over 3500kg if you don't have a C1 licence.

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Looking at both the 2007 and 2005 adverts there appears to be a difference in the internal layouts. The 2005 model has a larger lounge area which is made possible by the bed over the garage being smaller which makes it a large single rather than a double would this be an issue?

Also the DVLA details do not show any weight for the 2005 one, you need to check it is not over 3500kg if you don't have a C1 licence.
The bed is more than a decent size for two slim Jim's 🤣...also we are both C1 holders!

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
The bed is more than a decent size for two slim Jim's 🤣...also we are both C1 holders!

Both our fixed and overcab beds in our Arto 69 GL (2003) are king-size. Proved by the sheets fitting them.

Are we sure that we are talking about Arto 69 GL, maybe a 69F or 69E, because lunarman post maybe not.

Geoff

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Both our fixed and overcab beds in our Arto 69 GL (2003) are king-size. Proved by the sheets fitting them.

Are we sure that we are talking about Arto 69 GL, maybe a 69F or 69E, because lunarman post maybe not.

Geoff
How can I identify the exact model? The 2005 says on the advert G but it has the L shape lounge...confused.com 🤣

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
How can I identify the exact model? The 2005 says on the advert G but it has the L shape lounge...confused.com 🤣
That would make it a 69GL then, Tag/Nacht = Day/Night

Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 07.48.22.png

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
That would make it a 69GL then, Tag/Nacht = Day/Night

View attachment 531705
Thankyou!! I have been trawling the Internet looking for specifications etc but struggling....hopefully I will get a phone call today to say that they have got a new battery and I can go to test drive.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back