Getting Close!!! (1 Viewer)

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
We have trawled and perused so many motorhomes....but I think we are on the verge of finding the right one!!
<Broken link removed>
Going to look tomorrow. I have my list of MH fun questions thanks to you clever people!!! Will keep you posted. 🙈🙊🙉

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
That looks lovely ! You can see the build quality . Shower room very well designed . Only advice I can give as a non A class owner , from what others have said , get good windscreen insurance cover !👍🏻

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We have trawled and perused so many motorhomes....but I think we are on the verge of finding the right one!!
<Broken link removed>
Going to look tomorrow. I have my list of MH fun questions thanks to you clever people!!! Will keep you posted. 🙈🙊🙉

After a lot of research we bought the same model, a 2003 build in 2009 as our first MH and still have it and very pleased with it.

Provided it all stacks up, go for it. You cannot really go wrong.

I too would recommend full windscreen cover. We have it with £75 excess but have never needed it. We had one chip but it was fillable.

Good luck,

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
17000 miles in 14 years, has it got service history with cam belt change recently?

Quality van though, sink in bathroom next to useless for a face wash.

Check for water entry into exterior lockers particularly garage, check shower tray cracking, are cab side windows double glazed if so check as very expensive unless you do them yourself.

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
17000 miles in 14 years, has it got service history with cam belt change recently?

Check for water entry into exterior lockers particularly garage, check shower tray cracking, are cab side windows double glazed if so check as very expensive unless you do them yourself.
It's having a new MOT pre sale...and service. Will ask about cam belt.👍

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
This looks a good bus. Love the roomy kitchen area and the finishing looks superb. And a fixed bed! An absolute must!

I am not a fan of the combined khazi/sink/shower. We went for the separate shower. Also no oven, which for us, is a must. Fortunately, the London mayor won't allow you into London as the engine on this bus is too old for his old and smoky city.

Choosing a moho is an exercise in the art of compromise. What we did was to go to the NEC and take notes of what features/appliances/layouts were on offer. We then prioritised the lists into "musts", "want", "would be nice" and "luxury".

Sounds like you are doing similar, so all power to your arm! You will love it!

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Simon sounded really nice and knowledgeable. Am armed and dangerous with everyone's advice up my sleeve!! This girl is no pushover! 🤣

Jun 2, 2018
Beautiful North Wales border
Funster No
MH
Carado T449
Exp
Since 2015
Exciting! Looks a nice van and good build quality. Personally we prefer a spearate shower and toilet/sink - but as above, every van purchase is a compronmise.

Hope it is everything you wish, when you see it in the flesh.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Grasmere9. Same advice as CazPaul and Al-Di , ie, insist on a cambelt change. (y)

If she has been looked after, then she'll last you many years. I am a bit concerned at only a 3 x month warranty, but you will have to go with your instincts and gut feeling............................. so long as you don't allow your heart to rule your head.

Yes it's a quality built MH, but expensive to repair of not looked after previously.

Good luck. (y)

Jock. :)

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Grasmere9. Same advice as CazPaul and Al-Di , ie, insist on a cambelt change. (y)

If she has been looked after, then she'll last you many years. I am a bit concerned at only a 3 x month warranty, but you will have to go with your instincts and gut feeling............................. so long as you don't allow your heart to rule your head.

Yes it's a quality built MH, but expensive to repair of not looked after previously.

Good luck. (y)

Jock. :)
Looking at its MOT history it has only ever had 1 advisory...so hoping that it means it has been looked after. Also will check the service book for stamps etc.

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Looks a good one.
Don't forget to check the tyre ages. Could be a bargaining chip if old.
I seem to remember they have quite a large overhang at the back. If you have a steep slope to park it on it could be difficult ( I say this knowing our Hymer towbar touches the ground going onto our drive unless we have the air suspension adequately inflated).
Good luck

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Looks a good one.
Don't forget to check the tyre ages. Could be a bargaining chip if old.
I seem to remember they have quite a large overhang at the back. If you have a steep slope to park it on it could be difficult ( I say this knowing our Hymer towbar touches the ground going onto our drive unless we have the air suspension adequately inflated).
Good luck
Thanks for the advice! It will be going into storage.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Why is it listed twice at at a thousand less
Edit sorry, different one but almost identical.

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Why is it listed twice at at a thousand less
Edit sorry, different one but almost identical.
Yes, that just had me scratching my head!! 🤣 There are 3 within our budget-2 in Southport and 1 in Lytham St Anne's.

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Actually I have just spotted that the 2005 one has one number plate on first photo but pictures of a different one on second photos 🙄 ....bit early for such confusion....just going to go and look!!

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

I agree with those points as some have had failures there, but not us thank goodness.

Also the cam belt, plus tensioners and water pump, since if that needs doing later the whole lot has to be disassembled so expensive on labour. Maybe they can prove it waas done but then only if it was a year or two ago as it should be done every 5 years. Having said that our garage who I trust inspected the water pump and we left that for the next 5 years, but that was my decision - had no problem.

We have found the combined toilet/shower very good: the shower curtain gives plenty of space and when showering is finished and the curtain withdrawn then lots of room for toweling down including using the loo as a foot rest. Layouts with two compartments need an extra 0.5-1m on the overall length to give the same storage space.

Geoff

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Update.....we didn't like the 2007...it felt wrong but the 2005 is a close contender.
They are doing the cambelt, 4 new tyres, service and MOT,seal around roof light and a couple of catches need adjusting. Sat in a pub having lunch deciding...he's holding it til 3pm 🙊

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210828-125050_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210828-125050_eBay.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 62

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Update.....we didn't like the 2007...it felt wrong but the 2005 is a close contender.
They are doing the cambelt, 4 new tyres, service and MOT,seal around roof light and a couple of catches need adjusting. Sat in a pub having lunch deciding...he's holding it til 3pm 🙊
You only live once 👍🏻

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Two years older does not make much difference on this quality of MH.

I think the price is a little high, but with the work they are going to do and the current state of the market it may be the best you can do, although I would try £1K off, but if you think it is right don't lose it.

Have you had a mechanical inspection done, or will you make purchase conditional on one being performed?

I feel that era of both N&B and the 2.8Jtd are about the highest level of reliability, if you don't mind being restricted on Low Emissions zones.

Geoff

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
What wasn't right about the 2007?
Did it have the newer engine ( 2.3 or 3.0L?) That may be Euro 4 rather than 3. Our experience is that's not been that relevant as we tend not to go into cities much and newer restricted zones are often Euro 5 or higher anyway

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Sealing around a roof light is a cheap fix, to do it properly it needs taking off, cleaning both surfaces and reselling.

Also can you choose the make of tyre, worth asking, the Toyo observe are good all season.

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
What wasn't right about the 2007?
Did it have the newer engine ( 2.3 or 3.0L?) That may be Euro 4 rather than 3. Our experience is that's not been that relevant as we tend not to go into cities much and newer restricted zones are often Euro 5 or higher anyway
No service history 🙈

Oct 12, 2009
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
School holidays for us...but northern France in October 😉

Go back at 1430, suck your lips and say 'You are not sure', wait for him to drop the price - they are short of stock , so they are short of cash flow and need to pay the rent/mortgage.

But I repeat don't lose it, because it could be your home for 10 years and still running.

Good luck.

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back