OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Don't forget some Insurance companies give a (small) discount off premiums if you are a member of C&MH or C&CC.
Safeguard certainly does!

Enjoy!! (y)
Thanks...we went with Adrian Flux as they were the most reasonable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
:unsure: not thought of that....
It's a good idea to stay near the dealership when you pick the vehicle up - then if something isn't working you can easily pop back or ask for advice.

We don't live far from the dealership so just went straight home when we got ours... we were so excited we cracked open a bottle of Champagne and stayed in it on our drive for the first night!

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
It's a good idea to stay near the dealership when you pick the vehicle up - then if something isn't working you can easily pop back or ask for advice.

We don't live far from the dealership so just went straight home when we got ours... we were so excited we cracked open a bottle of Champagne and stayed in it on our drive for the first night!
I had thought about this but two dogs at home means that we need to get back...I am however going to get them to go through everything before we drive away.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
We hired a car to pick ours up. Basic sleeping kit, wash stuff, change of clothes, dod and dog food. Then drove it the three hours to collect van. Dropped of rental car, and spent night at pub/campsite (prebooked) so no need to cook or take food. Made it special. 👌🏻👌🏻

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
When we collected ours I took notes. Ask as many questions as you need to.

Try your vehicle out when you get home... stay in it overnight to make sure everything is working as it should. It will also give you the opportunity to call the dealer with any questions you have. It's far better to do this at home than go off somewhere and find then that something isn't working or that you don't understand the workings of it.

Good luck for tomorrow... you must be very excited!

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
When we collected ours I took notes. Ask as many questions as you need to.

Try your vehicle out when you get home... stay in it overnight to make sure everything is working as it should. It will also give you the opportunity to call the dealer with any questions you have. It's far better to do this at home than go off somewhere and find then that something isn't working or that you don't understand the workings of it.

Good luck for tomorrow... you must be very excited!
I will take our list of things that they agreed to do! Soooo excited 😂

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
On handover i videod some things that i might find confusing later ,because theres so much to remember, good luck and enjoy

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
I will be soooo annoyed if we can't collect our motorhome tomorrow because of people panic buying fuel. Spoke to the dealer this afternoon and they are hoping to get it fuelled up tomorrow morning!! 🙄

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I will be soooo annoyed if we can't collect our motorhome tomorrow because of people panic buying fuel. Spoke to the dealer this afternoon and they are hoping to get it fuelled up tomorrow morning!! 🙄
Oh no🤞

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Dave Roberts Grinley Brook has plenty of fuel i will fill it myself if you get it here ,they open at 7 o’clock,I can’t stand the suspense any more,and it’s the cheapest for miles.

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Dave Roberts Grinley Brook has plenty of fuel i will fill it myself if you get it here ,they open at 7 o’clock,I can’t stand the suspense any more,and it’s the cheapest for miles.
That's very good of you!! 😂 I am hoping that there is plenty of fuel in Southport and then I can get home!

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Don't worry I'm sure they'll find some.

Do you have far to drive home?

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
So annoyed....the flap on the outside where you release the waste water etc has a jammed lock...not taking it until they have sorted. They are going to deliver it for us when done. ☹

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
So annoyed....the flap on the outside where you release the waste water etc has a jammed lock...not taking it until they have sorted. They are going to deliver it for us when done. ☹
Unbelievable, all that time to have it prepared properly for you, how difficult can it be for a dealer to check that EVERYTHING is working as should on the day of collection, it’s such a lousy attitude, if it fails a week later, sometimes that’s unavoidable, things do break, but there is no excuse to have faults on collection

OP
OP
G
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
That’s not very clever of them is it,do they realise how many people know they can’t do a PDI now?
Exactly. To be fair the salesman was mortified...it's the service department that want a rocket somewhere!! It's the flap that houses the waster water I think and it looked like someone has tried the wrong key in it and jammed it. At least now they will have to deliver it to us....☹

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back