Funflair's do Himmelfahrt in Bavaria (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Erwin Hymer world is massive (y) Burstner,Hymer, N+B, Corado, Sunliving, LMC, Dethleffs, Laika and Utrusco who I have never heard of, then lots of caravans,

2CA99510-940E-42C1-8FB1-3976B34C9A83.jpeg
4A259DC8-B419-4226-8F8F-2868C34305F3.jpeg
CA807E08-52D8-4907-9064-8CACEB532F47.jpeg
BEFAE10C-4D98-47BE-8058-82DEDA61B935.jpeg
54955BF8-DD2C-4BF2-BA41-C1FF44990D9E.jpeg

And is somebody wants to translate this rather than me guessing,

2BB84E79-21AD-4033-B6AA-A4044DD2F4D9.jpeg
C63C5D90-F081-4E7B-80F0-6D957F41BC73.jpeg

It looks like corner weighing in the suspension.

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hi Michael

Certainly Arto's in silver as that is what is coming out of the factory at the moment, and a silver Flair in the showroom.

We sort of like the 840B flair so we asked if they might be improving the kitchen area for 2019 and they said "oh there are some changes let me go see" came back and said we are putting a bigger kitchen in the 880 and dropping the 840 as nobody want s transverse bed:mad:

Martin
@Robert Clark will be interested in this!

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Hi Martin, I don't know if you saw my earlier post?

I was just wondering when you might arrive at the Himmelfahrt event? We have been advised that we need to arrive from 4pm on Wed 9th up until 2pm on the 10th. We have our parking number and I think that all the UK people will be together. It would be nice to meet up with you if you like?

We've been in Germany over a month now and haven't seen one single English vehicle or met any English people. It will be nice to be able to converse without difficulty!

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Martin, I don't know if you saw my earlier post?

I was just wondering when you might arrive at the Himmelfahrt event? We have been advised that we need to arrive from 4pm on Wed 9th up until 2pm on the 10th. We have our parking number and I think that all the UK people will be together. It would be nice to meet up with you if you like?

We've been in Germany over a month now and haven't seen one single English vehicle or met any English people. It will be nice to be able to converse without difficulty!
Hi

We are staying at Morelo but will visit Concorde so will catch up hopefully, you will see our friends Kaye and Dave @KayeB in a D liner with Smart car garage say hello to them they are fairly sociable;) likewise if you get over to Morelo you will see our Flair so give us a knock if we are in.

I will PM you my mobile,

Martin

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Thanks Martin!

We've never been to the Himmelfarht get-together before. The only thing we're slightly worried about is our dog. On Saturday evening there will be a firework display and our dog goes into meltdown at even one firework, never mind a display. We need to be able to leave on the Saturday afternoon to avoid the display but I've heard that everyone is pretty packed in. I just hope we can get out!

Logic tells me that there must be exit routes as, of course, there must be lots of reasons folk can't stay for the duration. Do you know what the parking is like?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks Martin!

We've never been to the Himmelfarht get-together before. The only thing we're slightly worried about is our dog. On Saturday evening there will be a firework display and our dog goes into meltdown at even one firework, never mind a display. We need to be able to leave on the Saturday afternoon to avoid the display but I've heard that everyone is pretty packed in. I just hope we can get out!

Logic tells me that there must be exit routes as, of course, there must be lots of reasons folk can't stay for the duration. Do you know what the parking is like?
Not been before either but tell somebody when you park up.

Martin

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Did you buy anything nice?

There are shopping excursions on the itinerary and I will try hard not to succumb to temptation! :whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
approx 33bhp per tonne and autobox not going to be a racehorse :)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
So now it’s chucking it down and thunder but it has been hot all day.

Anybody fancy a dinky front losing washing machine in their garage.

View attachment 230380
Looks interesting what model/make is it Martin, and was that in a Morelo?

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We've arrived too...! We have some bloody big neighbours... most with cars and quad bikes in their garages!

We were enjoying our G&Ts when the storm came over. Hopefully it'll lighten the air a bit.

They must be a fit lot here as the itinerary has various bike tours. We would have liked to join in but they're 90-100km long! No-one looks particularly fit or maybe its just the section were in. I'd have thought it might have been more inclusive to have, say, 20 - 30km bike rides as well. Oh well, we'll probably see if anyone is interested in coming for a shorter ride.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
You wouldn't fit much in that washing machine would you? As it's front loading, does that mean that its plumbed in?

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
They've sectioned people (not literally into psychiatric units!) into nationality groups. We British folk are in the with Frenchies. To be honest we're outnumbered. We've seen a couple of UK Mh's and have yet to be able to speak to their owners.

Since we left our green and pleasant land over a month ago we haven't spoken face to face with another UK person... its quite strange.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
2d34c3ac-7778-4ff4-9fcf-c308be0f27b3-jpeg.230311

Nearly 9 mts long with only the 2.3 engine, will this vehicle be seriously under powered when loaded?
Yes but that’s your choice now with FWD Fiat take it or leave it.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
They've sectioned people (not literally into psychiatric units!) into nationality groups. We British folk are in the with Frenchies. To be honest we're outnumbered. We've seen a couple of UK Mh's and have yet to be able to speak to their owners.

Since we left our green and pleasant land over a month ago we haven't spoken face to face with another UK person... its quite strange.
Kaye and Dave are in the D liner —KDB catch her defore she has too many sherbet’s(y) she is taking numbers for who wants to do a Morelo factory tour and I will organise it at the Morelo end.

Enjoy.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We've arrived too...! We have some bloody big neighbours... most with cars and quad bikes in their garages!

We were enjoying our G&Ts when the storm came over. Hopefully it'll lighten the air a bit.

They must be a fit lot here as the itinerary has various bike tours. We would have liked to join in but they're 90-100km long! No-one looks particularly fit or maybe its just the section were in. I'd have thought it might have been more inclusive to have, say, 20 - 30km bike rides as well. Oh well, we'll probably see if anyone is interested in coming for a shorter ride.
I think there is a short ride as well.

Martin

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Kaye and Dave are in the D liner —KDB catch her defore she has too many sherbet’s(y) she is taking numbers for who wants to do a Morelo factory tour and I will organise it at the Morelo end.

Enjoy.

Martin

There are a few liners with British numberplates - I'll have to take a look round and try to engage Kaye and/or Dave.

Thanks for letting me know!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi Martin

Loving the photos. Does the Dethleffs Premium Liner look like its been in Niesmann for a while? they seem to have had one there for ever.

We ve been in a few - remember the big hoohaa launch at Dusseldorf (2010??) A nice looking MH but always left disappointed that they dont seem to offer much of a step up in use of space or quality from the fiat based ones.

I wonder if an improved kitchen in the Flair actually means a bigger one or not? N&B seem to have been stuck on the same kitchen format for the Flair for about 10 years now.

Jon

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
You wouldn't fit much in that washing machine would you? As it's front loading, does that mean that its plumbed in?
We have a Candy Aqua in the lower half of one of our wardrobes in our Flair, and yes it is plumbed in. If you use the 30 minute wash it is limited to 2 kg, but my wife finds that she can complete several selective washes and can use it to keep up to date. We are looking at other options for the new Morelo and this might be interesting.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Martin

Loving the photos. Does the Dethleffs Premium Liner look like its been in Niesmann for a while? they seem to have had one there for ever.

We ve been in a few - remember the big hoohaa launch at Dusseldorf (2010??) A nice looking MH but always left disappointed that they dont seem to offer much of a step up in use of space or quality from the fiat based ones.

I wonder if an improved kitchen in the Flair actually means a bigger one or not? N&B seem to have been stuck on the same kitchen format for the Flair for about 10 years now.

Jon
Hi Jon

Bigger kitchen YES but in the 880 Flair so nothing for us and yes it seems to have been like this for ages when they could so easily make it better just by putting the coffee machine in a drop down and getting rid of the plumbing duct for the wall mounted kitchen tap, I redesigned it for them while we were there but they din't buy it:LOL: I didn't study the Premium Liner much as I didn't like the look of it and of course it was locked.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back