Funflair's do Himmelfahrt in Bavaria (3 Viewers)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Will get the info Michael but I think it’s the one posted by Coastal Cruiser.

Yes it’s in a Morelo.

Martin
It would be interesting to know if Morelo fitted it too? I have a deal with them including a washing machine, model to be agreed, so this looks a possibility although its max dimensions of 600 x 550 is large, the depth at 292 is good..

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Here’s one for Paul @haganap

Nice wheels,

6E62416F-F420-46BD-93ED-94FBBAAB1BA8.jpeg

Martin

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
If you see anyone from N&B Martin can you please ask them my my plise blind wont stay up and what I can do to fix it.
It doesn’t seem to be able to support its own weight

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
A good question might be why they don't seem to do slideouts ?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
@Lenny HB is this a good use for 6volt AGM

4EF85F1E-218B-49D0-8C75-5A7A3036CBA3.jpeg

And being 6Volt there is one on the other corner as well:LOL:

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well we are parked at Morelo so you would expect rows of morelo’s wouldn't you(y)

159B10D6-948D-4A49-9698-5534E75A1880.jpeg

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
No News on the Palace & Liner facelift - remodel?
They have a dealer meeting on Sunday and will update then, nothing for Joe public though but your dealer should be more in the know next week.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks, Andreas said May for a dealer presentation, and it will be good to see what I have bought!!
By all accounts there is a “new” lighter wood and I don’t think your cupboard doors will be flat.

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
By all accounts there is a “new” lighter wood and I don’t think your cupboard doors will be flat.

Martin
Yes the curved door bit I have seen, not the wood though so that will be interesting, Vario use some light woods to good effect but it is solid wood I suspect in theirs.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes the curved door bit I have seen, not the wood though so that will be interesting, Vario use some light woods to good effect but it is solid wood I suspect in theirs.
Oh yes you can even take your own woods.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Martin,can you send your Drone up so we can see an Aerial view of the whole shindig:D
I would if I could, there are about 230 vans here so they say, Morelo Concorde N+B Phoenix RMB etc but of course the majority are Morelo, Less vans at Concorde but a pretty good show all the same, today we did a factory tour at Concorde but they would not allow photo's so you will have to make do with this one of a IVECO Daily chassis waiting for the Morelo body on top,

IMG_1533.JPG

The big lump in the foreground is a Telma retarder which if available as an option, of course.

Had a look in at Phoenix while we were at Concorde as they are only next door,

IMG_1537.JPG

Nice rear lounge if that is your thing, good kitchen space.

IMG_1539.JPG

IMG_1540.JPG

IMG_1542.JPG

Bathroom, lounge and outside, Top liner on Eurocargo chassis.

We both rather liked it(y) but saying that it is very difficult to part me from my cash.

Martin

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Hi Martin. Nice to see you at the factory tour. :)

I think there are more than 230 vans here. We were told there are around 350. You may not have seen the parking further up where the Scandandavian and Eastern European,etc people are parked.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Martin, you are doing a great job in keeping this thread interesting,thank you.

I’ve just got my head around the braking advancements of the Telma Retarder, I would be most interested to find out the practicalities in use which I’m sure will be sometime in the near future when the become more of the norm.

Did you get any indication on cost and weight?

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Telmas are brilliant bits of kit , you only need your normal brakes for the very final part of stopping . They really extend pad and disc life , and give fade free downhill , esp when you dont have the amount of engine braking , or exhaust braking that you get with a large diesel engine. The one in the pic would probably be the AF30-35 and weighs about 130lbs They can be linked so the ABS modulates them IIRC HTSH

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Telmas are brilliant bits of kit , you only need your normal brakes for the very final part of stopping . They really extend pad and disc life , and give fade free downhill , esp when you dont have the amount of engine braking , or exhaust braking that you get with a large diesel engine. The one in the pic would probably be the AF30-35 and weighs about 130lbs They can be linked so the ABS modulates them IIRC HTSH
Indeed a good bit of kit and been around a long time now as I remember as a school boy the bus operator made a big thing that the school bus had one fitted, €7999 on the Morelo option list.

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Indeed a good bit of kit and been around a long time now as I remember as a school boy the bus operator made a big thing that the school bus had one fitted, €7999 on the Morelo option list.

Martin
They are interesting and I had a Jake on my RV which I liked a lot, however I find the ZF box excellent on my Iveco chassis, a touch of brake on a downhill and it drops a gear instantly, a bit more brake and then another gear, on the steepest of hills I have not had to use constant braking, so to justify €7999 extra for the retarder would be a difficult call in my opinion.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
They have a dealer meeting on Sunday and will update then, nothing for Joe public though but your dealer should be more in the know next week.

Martin
You would not believe it, I had an unsolicited email from Gluck last night, saying they are having the Morelo dealer meeting this week on the Palace facelift/remodel and will get back to me with order updates and such once they have it sorted!

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Martin, I'm trying to decide whether to have a mini automatic washing machine installed. From what I've seen, Concorde don't appear to have them factory fitted. Have you seen any fitted at Morelo?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Martin, I'm trying to decide whether to have a mini automatic washing machine installed. From what I've seen, Concorde don't appear to have them factory fitted. Have you seen any fitted at Morelo?
N+B would not fit mine, my dealer did it for me. Morelo have specifically provided a price to my dealer for supply and fit. E1900 mind you.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Thanks Michael. We would have to get it retro fitted and so probably will have to go through our dealer. Do you mind saying how much yours charged?

What's involved in installing one? Do they have to install larger pumps? Does it need a 240 volt pump with a larger capacity? Just judging by the flow to the taps and showers - its not exactly a high pressure feed to those.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks Michael. We would have to get it retro fitted and so probably will have to go through our dealer. Do you mind saying how much yours charged?

What's involved in installing one? Do they have to install larger pumps? Does it need a 240 volt pump with a larger capacity? Just judging by the flow to the taps and showers - its not exactly a high pressure feed to those.
Hi @Southdowners

If you come to Morelo you will see one in a van and talk to the guy supplying them, it’s not the factory but a trader.

Martin

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I've used them when driving coaches, and found them to be a great piece of kit, and only having to use the foot break in the latter stages (or emergency) of braking. I did rather like the throaty roar of the exhaust brake, encouraging some strange looks on the faces of the passengers, in my rear view mirror. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp

With N+B I bought my machine on Amazon.de and had it delivered to the dealer, about E400 if I remember. I also bought some engine mounts in the UK and sent them to the dealer. These replaced the standard feet. There was really one place for the machine to go as we did not want it in the garage. The bottom of the largest wardrobe. I had a vision of how it would fit but the forman at Durrwang had a better idea. They plumbed it and fitted it all for E500.
No you don't need an extra pump, it's cold fed and my normal pump does not even run flat out when it's in operation. We have a Candy Aqua 1142. @Robert Clark bought the Zanussi and put it in his garage. I have a photo of my install if you have not seen it on other posts of this subject.
I am not entirely convinced with the Daewoo as it is wider than the Candy and will pose an issue for me. Also it's spin speed is only 700. The Candy will do 1200 but Sally uses 1000. Nevertheless I remain to be convinced. Let me know if you want anything else.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back