Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We have to upgrade our server again, we have to go bigger, faster, and more memory. We will start at 21:45 this evening. We will shut the forum, do some backups and then start migrating the data to the new server. Our last move was a big one, and we've managed to stay on it for 4 years, hopefully this new server has enough resources and will last a similar time. With hundreds of thousand of visitors reading our stuff, we need to have the power in place to remain one of the fastest forums around. No one waits for pages to load these days!

So get an early night and hopefully when you wake up you'll find us on the new server. Most of you will find us straight away, some might take a while as their browser will take them to the old server. Some of your internet providers my take a while to locate our new nameservers, sorry, you'll just have to be patient. It will be obvious you are on the old server as at 2145, this post title will be changed to read THIS IS THE OLD SERVER

Have a great evening, see you tomorrow on a shiny new fast server

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We have to upgrade our server again, we have to go bigger, faster, and more memory. We will start at 21:45 this evening. We will shut the forum, do some backups and then start migrating the data to the new server. Our last move was a big one, and we've managed to stay on it for 4 years, hopefully this new server has enough resources and will last a similar time. With hundreds of thousand of visitors reading our stuff, we need to have the power in place to remain one of the fastest forums around. No one waits for pages to load these days!

So get an early night and hopefully when you wake up you'll find us on the new server. Most of you will find us straight away, some might take a while as their browser will take them to the old server. Some of your internet providers my take a while to locate our new nameservers, sorry, you'll just have to be patient. It will be obvious you are on the old server as at 2145, this post title will be changed to read THIS IS THE OLD SERVER

Have a great evening, see you tomorrow on a shiny new fast server
Aren't migrations usually done in the spring or autumn, via the Straits of Gibraltar or the Bospherous?

Best wishes doing it at an unnatural time of the year. :)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Mobi app works fine. I also tried a "bookmark" off chrome and that took me to new server as well

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My mobile knows where the new server is, my regular broadband, Zen, is still sending-me to the old server.

There will be a lot of frustrated Funsters out there today stuck looking at the old server. Nothing we can do, they must wait until their ISPā€™s catch up.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
You have to have Google chrome not old Google šŸ˜‰

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
My mobile knows where the new server is, my regular broadband, Zen, is still sending-me to the old server.

There will be a lot of frustrated Funsters out there today stuck looking at the old server. Nothing we can do, they must wait until their ISPā€™s catch up.
Android mobi and lappie with Win 11 and ISP Virgin Media all OK. :notworthy2:

Just need to get the ad blocker to recognise the big new banner!:whistle2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back