french news about health insurance (1 Viewer)

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Need a check list of all the various bits of paper and various toll and emissions stickers . Grrrr.

I am going to set my speed limiter to about 3 mph below French speed limits , and chunter along hoping that I am slowing down these private speed trap cars. Apologies in advance if you get caught up in my tailback šŸ˜†

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Cant one of my lads come down in a tranny and take the coffin back?
Or put the coffin in the van garage and drive the van back?

Be cremated then come home in a jar lol
That is exactly what happened to my mates partner when she died in Britany 2 years ago (they were living here and there) by far the most expedient method. other methods rediculously expensive

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chrisreay

Free Member
May 11, 2020
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Renault Master L2H2
Exp
42 years
we have always been covered with adac partner plus but not from 30 june when it ceases so we will need to find insurance
We've always had ADAC - they haven't informed me that it will cease. Have you had confirmation of this? Thanks.

OP
OP
pagey
Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
We've always had ADAC - they haven't informed me that it will cease. Have you had confirmation of this? Thanks.
Not personally but there has been many posts on the media you now need a German address

Apr 28, 2019
Herne Bay Kent CT65HT
Funster No
MH
charisma 11 A class.
Exp
since 1972
It is my understanding that those 5th column collaborators at Swansea
are not supplying Monsewer Mackerills civil servants with our details.
Huh !! That did'nt stop them from passing on my details from a " Speed Camera " .:rolleyes:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
To be honest I can see no reason to bring back a body or a jar full of ashes.:Eeek:
I love the Mosel - maybe they could just chuck me in there :drinks:
I don't understand why you would pay thousands of pounds to bring a dead body back to UK..The dead would not know and you can remember a dead loved one without a grave or the ashes .As my grandmother used to say don't wait until I am dead to put flowers on my grave,,buy me them now and visit me.ā˜ŗļøBUSBY.

Aug 16, 2018
Wilmslow
Funster No
MH
Coach blt, Swift KTS
Exp
Since 2016
there you go
c5ec485f-2ac0-43db-ae68-789f9dca384d.jpg
APRIL NEWSLETTER from
motorhomingfrance.co.uk

Here is this month's newsletter from France :
COMING TO FRANCE?
What are the new requirements for coming to France after Brexit?
For full details go to:
ā€˜More Useful Infoā€™
French borders are again open to people arriving from the UK but travellers must have proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of travel upon departure. Please check the French Government website for the latest travel information as well as UK government rules regarding entry & a future return to the UK.
The current ferry/ tunnel situation is as below:
Brittany Ferries have recently confirmed that two ferries will be laid up & a third will not resume crossings. Most routes are either reduced or suspended, this has the following effects:
Plymouth to Roscoff: Service suspended till further notice.
Portsmouth to Le Havre: Suspended until further notice.
Portsmouth to Cherbourg: Weekly service has recommenced using new vessel 'Galicia'
Portsmouth to Caen: Running daily but reduced capacity.
Portsmouth to St Malo & Poole to Cherbourg: Services suspended until mid-May
Plymouth to Santander: Service resumes May 2021.
Portsmouth to Santander: Twice weekly service
Eurotunnel are operating a regular service, check-in at least 45 mins before travel.
DFDS are sailing to normal schedules but have reduced passenger capacity, face masks required on board.
P&O have said that their ferries are still running on the Dover to Calais routes for ā€˜essential travel and freight servicesā€™.
FRENCH ROADS IN APRIL
France is under partial 'confinement' at present & 'leisure' travel between certain regions is not allowed & there is also a 7pm to 6am curfew, hence traffic levels in April will still be relatively low on French roads (especially at night). There are 8 problem days forecast by the French traffic information agency 'Bison FutƩ' for the month & these are the 3rd, 17th, 23rd, 24th & 30th which are forecast as orange - 'difficile', whilst the 2nd, 5th & 16th are forecast as red - 'trƩs difficile'. These possible problem days are due to school holiday traffic but any traffic problems are dependant on any future Covid-19 restrictions that may be introduced by the government.
See the website "Travel" page for latest traffic news.
The 2021 Traffic forecast calendar for French roads is now available on the website ā€œTravelā€ page together with Weather forecasts, Fuel prices & links to ā€œLiveā€ traffic maps for France.
FRENCH WEATHER ā€“ 7 DAY FORECAST
A strong anticyclone centred on Europe has brought unseasonably warm, dry weather to France over the past week, especially to the southern half where temperatures have exceeded 25C during the afternoons. Thursday, Friday & Saturday remain dry but temperatures start to drop with storms arriving in the south on Monday. The north remains dry but rain spreads from the south to cover all of the country by Tuesday. Daytime temperatures throughout the week range from a low of 10C in the north-east to a high of 22C in the centre of France.

FUEL PRICES
French fuel prices in March have again continued to rise. The national average price for a litre of diesel on 31st March, 2021 is 1.44 ā‚¬ up 0.01ā‚¬ from last month. The cheapest diesel in France today is at the Leclerc supermarket in Rochefort selling at 1.29 ā‚¬/ l. Go to the website "Travel" page for the latest average diesel prices at French supermarkets, autoroutes & other filling stations.
LATEST FRENCH LOCKDOWN
Due to the rise in Covid19 infections in France, the government have introduced new ā€˜confinementā€™ regulations in various departments which are mainly around Paris & the north-east. The 19 effected departments are;
Around Paris: Ǝle-de-France (75), Seine-et-Marne (77), Yvelines (78), Essonne (91), Hauts-de-Seine (92), Seine-Saint-Denis (93), Val-de-Marne (94), Val-d'Oise (95).
In the Hauts-de France region: Aisne (02), Nord (59), Oise (60), Pas-de-Calais (62), Somme (80).
Other departments: Alpes-Maritimes (06), Seine-Maritime (76) & Eure (27). A further 3 departments were also recently added to this list, these are the Rhone (that includes Lyon), Aube (10) & Nievre (58).
In all these departments, only essential shops can open, travel is limited to a 10km radius of home & travel between regions is prohibited. Aires & campsites can remain open in these areas but obviously with travel restricted to 10kms they are likely to remain empty. The rest of France remains under a curfew from 7pm till 6am.
RADAR CAR BONANZA
The introduction of privatised ā€˜radarā€™ cars that record speeding vehicles is proving to be a ā€˜cash-cowā€™ for the French government. The French motoring association, the ā€˜League for the Defence of Driversā€™, has calculated that these privately operated cars each earn an average of ā‚¬194,000/ year for the State ā€“ a figure that is 20 times the revenue derived from those operated by the police. The fleet of cars is expected to eventually rise to 450 which would then return an income of 118 million euros/ year. Read the ā€˜News Blogā€™ article about these cars.
FRENCH ROAD DEATHS FALL AGAIN
Deaths on the roads in France during February 2021 have fallen by 20% compared to 2020 figures with just 175 people killed, a drop of 45 deaths. Road accidents also reduced from 4,046 to 3,158 during the same periods, a 22% drop.
HEALTH INSURANCE
When eventually you can visit France again, you should be aware that whilst the EHIC or GHIC cards provide UK visitors to the same medical cover as would apply to a French national, it does not cover medical repatriation, repatriation in the event of death, non-urgent treatment nor mountain rescue costs. French rules now require non-EU visitors to have health insurance that covers medical repatriation & any costs involved in the event of death.
BRITTANY FERRY SCHEDULES
The pandemic is continuing to impact the cross channel ferry routes & Brittany Ferries have just announced their worst trading figures for decades. They have had to amend their sailings to cope with the various lockdown restrictions but still hope to go ahead with a 5 year relaunch plan. Meanwhile, sailings between Portsmouth & Le Havre are now suspended until further notice, as is the Plymouth to Roscoff route, whilst the Portsmouth/ St Malo & Poole/ Cherbourg sailings have been further suspended until mid-May. The Plymouth to Santander route has also been suspended until mid-May.

WATCH OUT FOR THESE
Towns throughout France are this year installing a new mini-radar to control speeds as well as traffic light jumping. The new radars are just 85cm high by 30cm wide which makes them easy to install as well as being unnoticed in an urban environment. They also come in various colours to blend in with the surroundings but it is believed that four out of five will actually be dummy cameras.
WHATā€™S ON (& not on) IN FRANCE IN APRIL:
NOTE: Due to the coronavirus pandemic there won't be as many events taking place in France this year & events already planned are subject to cancellation / postponement. This month's events that are continuing, cancelled or have been re-scheduled are listed below.

MULHOUSE CARNIVAL
The Carnival starts in the evening with the parade on Place de la RĆ©union and continues until Sunday evening. Throughout the weekend there are processions of decorated floats, accompanied by fifes and drums. People in fancy dress follow the procession in a festive and friendly atmosphere. At night, the carnival-goers gather for live music in the carnival's partner restaurants and bars. POSTPONED TILL MAY
VENETIAN CARNIVAL
This carnival takes place in Annecy & runs for three days, several hundred masks from all over Europe parade and pose in the streets of the old town, by the lake, on Le PĆ¢quier field, in the Jardins de l'Europe gardens or along the canals, in customary silence. Everyone vies to have the most colourful and eye-catching costume, and to display the most decorations and creativity. POSTPONED TILL APRIL 16TH - 18TH
EUROPA JAZZ FESTIVAL
Every spring, many jazz concerts are held in many different venues in the west of France, from Le Mans to Nantes, from Laval to Angers, from Cholet to La Roche-sur-Yon, and from AlenƧon to Montjean-sur-Loire. The Europa Jazz Festival welcomes major figures of European jazz first and foremost, as well as new discoveries, creations and young bands. Runs until 5th May.
MONTE CARLO ARTS FESTIVAL
A classical music festival in Monte Carlo taking place in several concert halls until 11th April. Guests and musicians from all over the world perform there, including the greatest orchestras in Europe, like the London Symphony Orchestra, the Tonhalle Orchester ZĆ¼rich, the Royal Ballet of Cambodia and the Kimbanguist Symphony Orchestra. Several composers works are presented at each concert, such as Ravel, Brahms, Bach, Bartok, Mozart and Beethoven.
NORMANDY IMPRESSIONIST FESTIVAL
The Festival showcases the Impressionist movement that started in Normandy. The 450 events feature museum collections in the region & the festival reveals Impressionism in all its forms: exhibitions of painting and photography, music concerts, film screenings, theatre and dance performances, as well as conferences & educational workshops. The festival runs from April to September throughout the region but most of the activities are concentrated in Rouen and Caen. Next edition is 2024.
ANTIQUES FAIR
The International Antiques Fair in L'Isle sur la Sorgue, Vaucluse, PACA, transforms the town into a big outdoor art market, with four major exhibition centres: antiques & secondhand goods, old books, contemporary art, design & decoration. 200 exhibitors from the French regions and Europe, along with the town's 250 antique, art and decoration shops, exhibit their finest goods in Gautier Park, on the quays of the Sorgue, in antiquarian markets and on the streets. Takes place 19th till 22nd April. CANCELLED
CHEESE & WINE FAIR
The International Cheese & Wine Fair takes place in Coulommiers near Paris from 12th to 15th April. This agricultural fair promotes regional cheese and wine specialities. Around 350 exhibitors and craftspeople from the culinary trades set up stalls on the forecourt of the sugar factory for this occasion. Over 60,000 gastronomes come to enjoy four days of celebrations, local product tastings and all kinds of activities. CANCELLED
BOURGES MUSIC FESTIVAL
The Bourges Spring Festival is a week of popular music concerts featuring well known & young performers. 150 artists and groups perform in the seven festival halls, as well as many artists on the four free stages, from the banks of Auron to Place SĆ©raucourt, and as many more in the twenty or so bars in Bourges that play a part in the Spring Festival in the town. The supporting fringe festival is a real second festival, with hundreds of street artists. 4th to 9th May.
While this definitely covers the requirement it doesn't provide a link to the French regulation that states the requirement. Without this, while I have no reason to doubt what the article is saying, it cannot be taken as gospel. Can anyone provide the necessary link please?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
probably but would you get in the back of a 22 ton dustcart to inspect it
Why would you want to repatriate a dead body? Have the deceased cremated abroad and bring the ashes home if you must..Would like to think my ashes were spread in Spain..BUSBYā˜ŗļø

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
S
This is why I travel to Europe using the Caravan Club Red Pennant insurance. Never I over 40 years had to use it apart from advice while abroad but you never know
So you don't really know if it's any good.ā˜ŗļø I have used both ACSI and Nationwide and found them both excellent..BUSBY.

OP
OP
pagey
Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
Why would you want to repatriate a dead body? Have the deceased cremated abroad and bring the ashes home if you must..Would like to think my ashes were spread in Spain..BUSBYā˜ŗļø
Exactly my views

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Repatriation if you are long term ill
Stroke for instance
GHIC should cover the emergency treatment but at some point you will need transported back home
I'm sure someone will be along shortly to argue the case for not bothering with insurance
In France everyone has to pay 20% of the bill, Mrs. Ex was in hospital for 2 nights we had to pay about Ā£1,000 plus the ambulance cost in full anotherĀ£150 and this was about 15 years ago. I paid on a credit card and the insurance paid out before the bill arrived. Not worth risking it.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
In France everyone has to pay 20% of the bill, Mrs. Ex was in hospital for 2 nights we had to pay about Ā£1,000 plus the ambulance cost in full anotherĀ£150 and this was about 15 years ago. I paid on a credit card and the insurance paid out before the bill arrived. Not worth risking it.
More often 30% and the majority of french pay insurance ( mutuelle ) to cover the difference .

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Blimey,,my mate was in Limoges hospital for ten days and it only cost him his food,,Excellent treatment but food was crap..BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back