Boo

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Just a quick question about filling the LPG tanks..................at most garages the LPG pump is away from the petrol pumps but in front of a wall or building making it difficult to exit, why do they do this?...................do they think everyone running on LPG is a Range Rover?

And if there's a cue then it is hard work to move them all so I can reverse.......
anyone have to same problem........or the solution?

Cheers

Boo

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Boo not something I had noticed in this country, abroad yes but in the UK I can't think of one off hand which has the LPG separate. Around here in Ipswich the four that sell LPG all have it along side the petrol/diesel pumps.

I can still be awkward to get to I will agree due mainly to the very short length of the hose, which is why its a good idea to have fillers on both sides of your RV.

Olley

dazzer

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
We had a filler point fitted at the back of our old RV next to the tow bar. Accessible from either side and if necessary we just backed up to the hard to reach pumps. Filler on either side is also good but we found the filler on the back solved all problems of access.

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
Not easy, I agree! I hate the filling job and we've found there aren't that many rv accessible places, especially when towing. You can type LPG into Google and download a list of LPG stations but that doesn't tell you how easy they are to access, however there are phone numbers should you want to ring ahead and check and hopefully the person on the other end will have some idea what you're on about.

We use the extend-a-stay hose and a gas bottle to make our LPG in the tank last longer and have invested in electric appliances so that we use hook up wherever possible but this isn't a lot of help if you're petrol with an LPG tank for travelling.

Jan

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We have the same problem. Luckily we're diesel engine so don't need to fill the LPG too often. We also use an extenda stay and 2 small propane bottles lasts about 3/4 months when traveling abroad, less in the UK because of the cold weather.

There are only 2 garages that sell LPG in our area and both have the pumps stuck in the tightest corner of the garage. Only one is even remotely accessible to us and it takes the 2 of us to fill up and we block the forecourt Jan hates it and always tries to get out of it if she can. :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Cant say that I have had this problem. North and south the LPG pump is end of line of pumps or mid pumps on the forecourt.:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
For my engine tanks have filler on both sides:thumb:

OP
OP
Boo

Boo

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Thanks for the replies...................I got my fingers crossed that mine has L/R fillers :)

Boo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back