Ferry to Morocco - Tangier Med or Cueta? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Rav4 w/Tentbox
Hey folks,

Anyone any info on difference between arriving into Morocoo via Tange Med or Cueta?
Ferry seems cheaper via Cueta. It's only 90 minutes drive between both places.

Thx
Keith

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Tangier Med is straight onto motorway for the coast down south.
Ceuta is more for going inland to Chefchouan or the Mediterranean side of the country.
Ceuta can be a more difficult border crossing at times
Hey folks,

Anyone any info on difference between arriving into Morocoo via Tange Med or Cueta?
Ferry seems cheaper via Cueta. It's only 90 minutes drive between both places.

Thx
Keith

Upvote 0

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Ceuta is a Spanish enclave on the Moroccan Med Coast line. On disembarkation, you will probably encounter Spanish Customs first and then Moroccan.

As mentioned earlier Tanger Med is a brand new facility and the motorway South is virtually outside the port.

Upvote 0
Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Ceuta is a Spanish enclave on the Moroccan Med Coast line. On disembarkation, you will probably encounter Spanish Customs first and then Moroccan.

As mentioned earlier Tanger Med is a brand new facility and the motorway South is virtually outside the port.
We've met an old fuster acquaintance on this trip who helped out an old British couple who had come over via Ceuta on a last minute trip from Spain( 90 day rule)
They hadn't known what to expect from Morocco and were delighted when they saw Spanish style bars and police on arrival. They did not know that Ceuta was Spanish

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Tangier med, very newish port easy access.
I checked out Cueta on a YouTube video before our 2013 trip.. didn't fancy it at all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K
Mar 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Rav4 w/Tentbox
Thanks for the info all - Chefchouan is one place we want to see for sure. Just wanted to check if there was something out of the ordinary I should know between both place. I know Cueta is technically Spain ;)

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Cueta is a complete mare to get in and out of . I'm just back from Morocco while there a friend drove in to cueta just to go to mercadona for alcohol. It took 2.5 hours to get in from Morocco, their van was searched ... on leaving it took a further 1 hour 45 minutes. And van searched again

Tangier med isn't the fastest either but as they've an x Ray there was no delays for searches etc

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back