Family from Hell........o! (3 Viewers)

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
I take it, by your comment(s), that you fit the description of those I mentioned above? Or are you just a masochist, who enjoys spending 20 + quid a night to be screamed at? :confused:

Tootles old chap, you clearly missed the smilie and fishing rod, I was being deliberately provocative.

I like tolerance and courtesy in all things, including campsites, and I certainly don't fit your description.

Spend £20 a night to be screamed at? Good God no, I'm married with 3 kids, I get that for free.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I guess we tick most of the boxes:

4 children = yes
2.5 dogs = yes

Funnily enough the only sites where we could sense that our noise was too much for some was here in Switzerland where it's quite common to have a 10pm noise curfew, of course we adjust to fit in accordingly.

Across the rest of Europe we typically find we are one of the quieter vans on sites. We stick to badminton and soft balls and generally let to children play out until the batteries run out, which is around 10pm.
10p.m. !! Good lord they are just warming up & thinking about going out here.:D2

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
or should I holiday somewhere else that's quieter Instead of getting wound up.
I think that maybe you should, as I should, and we can let the cretins rule. :(
I have found Skegness to be quite a haven of calm and peace. Have you tried it yet??

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Tootles old chap, you clearly missed the smilie and fishing rod, I was being deliberately provocative.
I am sorry. :(Forgive my lack of fishing rod dexterity. :cry::cry: It's not a smiley I use. I find it much easier to insult everybody, ans apologise to the offended few later. (y)

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I think that maybe you should, as I should, and we can let the cretins rule. :(
I have found Skegness to be quite a haven of calm and peace. Have you tried it yet??

No I haven't mate, is it worth a visit?

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Yes, but thats because you smell, Pete. (y)(y)
And your excuse Billy no mates? c'mon Dave, you even plied my OH with ciggies to sit beside you

dandh.JPG

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
I'm not keen on the idea of staying on an "adults only" campsite (*), but a "No miserable buggers" campsite really appeals.

Trouble is, they wouldn't let me in.

* Is it just me or does the phrase "adults only" campsite sound a bit pervy? :LOL:

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Adults only?
Isnt that blatent discrimination?

How wold you feel if you were told no over 60's?

Some rallys on here are adult only, I've been told no, when I asked if I could bring children :(

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
Parents who don't teach the kids to respect others are to blame. We stayed at CCC Woodhall Spa last year at end of June half term. Very busy with families, only problem with lad on bike, was cycling on access road but then decided to cycle across occupied pitches and over electric cable. His dad not too impressed when we pointed out that it was not a good idea, or polite to let the little darling do it. Didn't see them again, they retreated to the other side of the site where their van was. We have also been pitched near the 3 families in the earlier post, again on a CCC site, the same visit, the police were called to the site in the middle of the night due to a disturbance. A different group of multiple families camping together were asked to leave the following morning, one wife was caught in the showers with one of the husbands - not her own! She ended up in casualty, one of the blokes was provided with accommodation at the local nick.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Some rallys on here are adult only, I've been told no, when I asked if I could bring children
Good decision by whoever. (y)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I bought a four-berth van in the expectation of having the grandkids with us on some trips. Did they come? Nah! The rear folding travelling seats (that stow under the side divans) still have the plastic covers in them. Once the ungrateful little sods found out that the Internet may be scarce, it was game over.

I was so looking forward to introducing them to the outdoorsy life; how to start a fire by rubbing two Boy Scouts together. How to tie a reef knot; kids listening in wonderment to granddad as he trotted out endless camping stories of the past. Looking forward to them bailing out as the wheels stopped to get water and exploring the campsite.

Could have saved a load of dough and bought a two- berth :rolleyes:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Personally, I never have a problem with children, it's generally Adults that present a problem,therefore,Adult only sites don't always provide the answer I am sure everyone has experienced the group that go late into the night and particularly those that when in an Awning appear to behave as though they are in a building.
We all have to rub along together, unfortunately the norm is the minority don't and the majority suffer.

Oops have been guilty of late night revels a couple of times. now set my phone to let us know quiet time is nearly there. 2 of our grandkids are early risers, no matter how late we keep them up, I am Mrs grump in the morning, so glad John sorts them out while I have my wake up cuppa. Struggled last year to find a last minute campsite in the right area, one I found had lots of 'rules and regulations' when we got there realised that that information had weeded out those who would not comply. We all had a great time, especially the little one who broke his wrist on his last night.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I like to have well behaved children around - but when you have been next to a unit containing Satan's Spawn then an adult only site starts to look attractive ........

As long as the noise is kept down after 11 and before 6 and balls and other projectile objects are kept away from the vans I like to hear children having fun.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Last year, when the two sets of grandparents with grandchildren met up, the 'additional information' had not been sent to the site. It was on my printed form though. Meant that there were not 2 suitable pitches, together and near the children's play area, available. We therefore were pitched up quite a bit away from where we wanted to be. this year will phone ahead to make sure we can be nearer those facilities. Makes it easier to keep an eye on the younger two and those who park near the play facilities expect (or should) noisy exuberent playing children.
In the evening we set up our van as a 'cinema' the kids watch a dvd whilst the adults sit outside in the awning having a glass of wine, this is the calm down before bed routine. Will be getting less easy as the years pass age range is 7-13 can see a time when it is the grandparents meeting up well away from the play areas:D2

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Some of these children some of you seem to hate so much might be coming to buy your old van in a couple of years if they don't get pissed off by being discriminated against:whistle::whistle:

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
Parents who don't teach the kids to respect others are to blame. We stayed at CCC Woodhall Spa last year at end of June half term. Very busy with families, only problem with lad on bike, was cycling on access road but then decided to cycle across occupied pitches and over electric cable. His dad not too impressed when we pointed out that it was not a good idea, or polite to let the little darling do it. Didn't see them again, they retreated to the other side of the site where their van was. We have also been pitched near the 3 families in the earlier post, again on a CCC site, the same visit, the police were called to the site in the middle of the night due to a disturbance. A different group of multiple families camping together were asked to leave the following morning, one wife was caught in the showers with one of the husbands - not her own! She ended up in casualty, one of the blokes was provided with accommodation at the local nick.
Well it is "the friendly club".
:whistle::whistle:
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional. (Walt Disney)

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Once went to an adults only hotel and hated it, everyone looked up if there was a bit of talking or a splash in the pool, it felt like there was a total intolerance of any noise. I love to see families enjoying themselves, enjoy seeing the games and barbecues and even enjoy some of the dramas playing out too, been there done that. Also been on sites where we couldn't enjoy a dip in the pool for dive bombing teenage kids with no parental control, that was annoying given the campsite fees we paid. We needed a peaceful swim time too. Still living and learning. I am in favour of noise curfews but been guilty of the occasional grumpy commandant on that score, 10 o'clock seemed early for total silence.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Some of these children some of you seem to hate so much
I dont hate the kids, I hate the parents, yes, and grandparents of kids, who are allowed to roam free and riot, upsetting everyone else. In this country today, you need a licence to drive a car, a lorry, fly a plane, steer a hot air balloon, even use a two way radio...........But the most important job ever, bringing children into the world, dedicating the time and patience to teaching them wrong from right, showing them love and understanding, tempered with personal discipline, needs nothing. Shame really.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I am not so much intolerant of kids overall it is the boys who insist is shouting with their high pitched screeches across the entire camp site and the girls who insist on screeming for simply no reason. :D2 Its the "Muuum. she won't / he won't give it back etc". That's what I hate. :mad:And of course the parents who let them.:cautious:

OP
OP
Foxy1956
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
I dont hate the kids, I hate the parents, yes, and grandparents of kids, who are allowed to roam free and riot, upsetting everyone else. In this country today, you need a licence to drive a car, a lorry, fly a plane, steer a hot air balloon, even use a two way radio...........But the most important job ever, bringing children into the world, dedicating the time and patience to teaching them wrong from right, showing them love and understanding, tempered with personal discipline, needs nothing. Shame really.
I so agree. We did parenting courses when we had children, I even suggested marriage guidance before we got married, but got shouted down by the wife. Care for the family give excellent training to young parents and our kids have turned out pretty well, although I say it myself.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Some of these children some of you seem to hate so much might be coming to buy your old van in a couple of years if they don't get pissed off by being discriminated against:whistle::whistle:
But, most of us don't 'hate' children, we dislike them being allowed to run riot, I don't 'hate' dogs either, but i dont like it when an untethered animal comes into my van and has to be ejected as it tries to cock it's leg on the furniture. 'just being friendly' wonder if their owners would be happy if i showed my 'friendliness' in a similar manner. oops off topic.
I don't like my 'space' being invaded either in all honesty though, it is more often an adult who does this than a child.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I so agree. We did parenting courses when we had children, I even suggested marriage guidance before we got married, but got shouted down by the wife. Care for the family give excellent training to young parents and our kids have turned out pretty well, although I say it myself.
How refreshing, but, alas, not the modern viewpoint. :cry: Firstly, you have to find 'a couple', not easy. Then, you have to find a couple who are/were prepared to enter into a state of marriage for the sake of their children...........Hard.
All you seem to hear is "Sue is a single parent from wherever"........No mention of the guy that climbed on top of her.........."I cant remember" seems to be the stock reply. "Sue is a single parent who cant make weekly ends meet, after the twenty tabs a day, the lippy, foundation, eye liner, false nails, Pitbull dog.........."
"Sue blames the government for her position....." The only position Sue ever took was horizontal, and quite a few times at that, judging by her children's varied colours. And then Sue's social worker cant understand why Sues kids are out until 3 in the morning, dealing drugs, and nicking the odd motor. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
But, most of us don't 'hate' children, we dislike them being allowed to run riot, I don't 'hate' dogs either, but i dont like it when an untethered animal comes into my van and has to be ejected as it tries to cock it's leg on the furniture. 'just being friendly' wonder if their owners would be happy if i showed my 'friendliness' in a similar manner. oops off topic.
I don't like my 'space' being invaded either in all honesty though, it is more often an adult who does this than a child.
Total agreement (y) However, a question. How many unteathered dogs do you see on camp sites as opposed to unteathered children? o_O

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back