Family from Hell........o! (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
We used to turn up on camp sites with our 4 children, 2 dogs ands tons of gear. Quite what the other campers thought I don't know. Now it's just the two of us but we love seeing youngsters playing and cycling around on bikes. Adults only? Not for us thank you.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
We sometimes turn up on campsites with 3 children 5 bikes and an extra car, no animals though. Some of the grandchildren have made friends that we meet up with every year, they enjoy themselves while the grandparents have a quiet drink.
Having said that, as someone who spent most of their working life with children it is sometimes nice to have some time adults only.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
We are the family from hell.
our 3 year old is satan
my wife talks in the motorhome like she's in the loft and I'm in the cellar and tells me to shut it when I tell her to talk quieter
we take everything with us
I'm the one who takes a wheelbarrow full of gear to the beach and still has to make two trips
Everyone goes in when we come out
We are the entertainment on site - but only from a distance
We take every toy going with us and I can guarantee that all of them will be untouched because the empty kitchen roll tube makes better interest for its so many uses
We're the ones who take 15 dvd's for the journey but only one is allowed to be played - continually
I'm the one going grey by the way, looking like I need a holiday to get over the holiday
Adult only site? - I wish!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I can never understand why generally people have a problem with those that enjoy relative peace and quiet, many need P&Q for reasons that are not always nessasarily obvious, illness, they go away to escape noisy neighbors, to get away from the Grandkids!!
I believe that many are in " Holiday Mode" which generally means showing pretty much no consideration for anyone.

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Each to their own.

If folks don't want to be near kids (and I can understand why) then go to adults only sites - just don't then moan about kids!

Not a choice for me, with 3 kids in the van, but then I wouldn't want to go to an adults only site anyway - like the person starting this thread, I quite like seeing and hearing kids playing and enjoying themselves. But I also appreciate that others don't so it's good there are sites to cater for them.

It's much more likely to be an adult rather than a kid that annoys me on a site, usually with either music or a loud TV - I do hate to be forced to listen to someone else's choice. But that is fortunately a rare occurrence - the vast majority of people are very considerate of others.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Our kids came everywhere with us from a very early age UK and Europe got on well with everyone ,and would sometimes bring new found friends back to the van even if they couldn't understand the language,giving them freedom and fun and a sense of responsibility.
Use to do most of the shows around the UK.
Only once a miserable old git from a club I once belonged to (they go away for the winter)moaned re the fact they were playing ,well away from other vans and enjoying themselves during a get-together in the tent .
Didn't renew membership

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Now it's just the two of us but we love seeing youngsters playing and cycling around on bikes.
You do?? SHAME ON YOU! :Eeek: Your letting down the old farts club big time. (y) You should be out there, shouting from the book! "Oi! You little SCROATS! Pi*s off back to your own tug"! Or "YOU! yes YOU! Ginger haired little tu*d! You just kicked you ball into my wife's mobility scooter, that cost the best part of four grand! Wheres your father, if you have one! You want tying up to a tree like a DOG......Little git"
Then your having a nice lie in. It's 06.30.........But those bl**dy kids are whizzing around on scooters with really noisy plastic wheels! You paid good money to come here, just for a bit of peace and quite! You think that a nice shower will help to calm your nerves, so towel and regulation washbag in hands, you walk into the gents..............STAR WARS SET! 20 kids, all with HUGE water guns! The place is awash! All the hot taps are left on........It's like entering a Turkish steamroom!
And prey tell, where are the little cherubs parents? Why, their lying on the bed, downing a few scoops, and watching match of the day! No interest at all in there so called 'offspring'. And so you sit there, content outside your MH, watching the kiddy-winkies riot, because you LIKE children! But all of a sudden, a part time weightlifter from Manchester walks up, pulls you out of the chair by your shirt, and screams......"PERVERT! your watching my BLO**Y KIDS" :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

No, kids and camp sites should never be mixed, unless the kids are secured in a cage at the gate. (y)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Personally, I never have a problem with children, it's generally Adults that present a problem,therefore,Adult only sites don't always provide the answer I am sure everyone has experienced the group that go late into the night and particularly those that when in an Awning appear to behave as though they are in a building.
We all have to rub along together, unfortunately the norm is the minority don't and the majority suffer.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Kids??? Bah!! The Victorians had the right idea(y), shove the little buggers up a chimney, transport the litte sods to Van Demains land, put em in the Workhouse on the treadmill!:rolleyes:

YEH!!! Bring back the Birch, the strap, the cane! Feed the little blighters a 2 litre Coca Cola and a sugar loaded Choc Bar then hand em back to their parents.:hi5:
AH! the good old days, The Empire ! the Raj! :gum::drinks:
Sigh!! BIG SIGH!!!

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
You do?? SHAME ON YOU! :Eeek: Your letting down the old farts club big time. (y) You should be out there, shouting from the book! "Oi! You little SCROATS! Pi*s off back to your own tug"! Or "YOU! yes YOU! Ginger haired little tu*d! You just kicked you ball into my wife's mobility scooter, that cost the best part of four grand! Wheres your father, if you have one! You want tying up to a tree like a DOG......Little git"
Then your having a nice lie in. It's 06.30.........But those bl**dy kids are whizzing around on scooters with really noisy plastic wheels! You paid good money to come here, just for a bit of peace and quite! You think that a nice shower will help to calm your nerves, so towel and regulation washbag in hands, you walk into the gents..............STAR WARS SET! 20 kids, all with HUGE water guns! The place is awash! All the hot taps are left on........It's like entering a Turkish steamroom!
And prey tell, where are the little cherubs parents? Why, their lying on the bed, downing a few scoops, and watching match of the day! No interest at all in there so called 'offspring'. And so you sit there, content outside your MH, watching the kiddy-winkies riot, because you LIKE children! But all of a sudden, a part time weightlifter from Manchester walks up, pulls you out of the chair by your shirt, and screams......"PERVERT! your watching my BLO**Y KIDS" :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

No, kids and camp sites should never be mixed, unless the kids are secured in a cage at the gate. (y)

I know you're messing but you're absolutely right, quite often the parents are on the other side of the site enjoying some peace and quiet. I've no problem with kids being on site but some kids are allowed to run riot without any supervision at all, that's what pisses me off, perhaps it's because as a child I had to behave in an appropriate manner and not shout and scream and generally annoy everyone else.

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Ok ,Ok - I admit - Adults only sites are great.

All the miserable old sods can go there and moan to each other about "kids these days" and leave the rest of us alone to enjoy ourselves.

:LOL: :reel:

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I have stayed on a few sites here in uk,, never had s drama with kids,, parents whoever they have been!!!

But on a campsite near Cadiz over a school holiday!! Jesus!!! You don't know your born with the kids over here,, and it was worse listening to the adults screaming and wailing till 4 am when the drink finally kicks in and they all fall unconscious!!

But in all fairness,,, they were all good fun!!!

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Ok ,Ok - I admit - Adults only sites are great.

All the miserable old sods can go there and moan to each other about "kids these days" and leave the rest of us alone to enjoy ourselves.

:LOL: :reel:

To be fair you're not wrong, I sound like a right miserable barsteward, sites should be for everyone, all it needs is a bit of consideration from others, not just regarding kids but adults as well

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I guess we tick most of the boxes:

4 children = yes
2.5 dogs = yes

Funnily enough the only sites where we could sense that our noise was too much for some was here in Switzerland where it's quite common to have a 10pm noise curfew, of course we adjust to fit in accordingly.

Across the rest of Europe we typically find we are one of the quieter vans on sites. We stick to badminton and soft balls and generally let to children play out until the batteries run out, which is around 10pm.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I'm with Tootles here, we once stayed on the C&CC site in Keswick & I realised that I'd become a grumpy old man when I went over to complain about kids cycling against the flow of the traffic. In fairness I had just witnessed a very near miss as someone reversed onto their pitch narrowly avoiding a child on a bike. The warden told me to "lighten up" now this was the same warden that had told us off for allowing our very well behaved border collie to swim in Derwentwater without a lead!!! All the rest of the time the wee dog was under complete control.
Anyway the following day a child was killed on Rowntree Park caravan site in York, the dead child had been cycling throughout the cars & caravans. We never did see the warden that'd told me to lighten up, but I so wanted to tell her of the dangers that she'd been ignoring.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Never had problems with kiddies .... only adults and dogs ... but wouldn't ban them either else I'd be parked in a field on my own. :(

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
I know you're messing but you're absolutely right, quite often the parents are on the other side of the site enjoying some peace and quiet. I've no problem with kids being on site but some kids are allowed to run riot without any supervision at all, that's what pisses me off, perhaps it's because as a child I had to behave in an appropriate manner and not shout and scream and generally annoy everyone else.
Hi.
"Had to behave" Now then,that rings a bell,at the start of the Teddy boy days,i could not leave the house without several lectures ,the last Direct Order! came from super dad . "Get back up those bloody stairs and take another six inches off those sideburns,THEN you can go out!!" Now, the only one i am having............"Councilling..." for,is i am now being continually mistaken for Mr Wilks in the old Emmerdale series. God rest super dad,BUT,... Let those sideburns roll 10/4.
So Dave K. Get some councilling,then you can let your hair down at last,join a gang of us on here,who are overqualified teenagers GO FOR IT!(y)
Tea Bag

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I know you're messing
Maybe I am.........BUT........If I am a paying member of a club, say CC or C&CC, and I'm also paying £20.00 per night to stop on a site, then am I not due some sort of respect? If not by some goon who gives not a toss, but by the site wardens/managers?
Now, most sites have a kids play area. We always go as far away as possible from them. It also allows people with kids to stay close to the youngsters. However, what seems to happen in this. Three tugs arrive together, containing three families, known to each other. They grab three adjacent spots, and within a very short time, with the aid of windbreaks, build Fort Laramie, complete with its own cowboys. All the adults sit together drinking, three barbies go on together. Not content with 'owning' the pitches, they now 'own' the road as well. Six or even ten kids are now raising hell, not at the playpark, but next to you. And this hell goes on from morning until night, unless they all pile into their cars and go out for the day...........Now, if I let my dog off the lead, Batman on his lawnmower is there in seconds, however, no sign of Batman at ten in the evening, when all the strings of flashing lights come on, the shouting of drunk adults fills the air, and guess what, the bl**dy kids are STILL running round screaming because it's going dark.........Then the barbies become bonfires, fueled by logs brought for this purpose.......And at 02.00 am, they are still at it. Everyone is scared to complain, because there are three men, drunk. You tell the wardens next morning, but they just shrug.
And thats classed as 'fair'?
I take it, by your comment(s), that you fit the description of those I mentioned above? Or are you just a masochist, who enjoys spending 20 + quid a night to be screamed at? :confused:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Seems I may be in the minority, I love having people around.
Children and dogs are also welcome.
I can't sit quietly in a corner.

table.JPG
beach.JPG
c+d.JPG

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Hi.
"Had to behave" Now then,that rings a bell,at the start of the Teddy boy days,i could not leave the house without several lectures ,the last Direct Order! came from super dad . "Get back up those bloody stairs and take another six inches off those sideburns,THEN you can go out!!" Now, the only one i am having............"Councilling..." for,is i am now being continually mistaken for Mr Wilks in the old Emmerdale series. God rest super dad,BUT,... Let those sideburns roll 10/4.
So Dave K. Get some councilling,then you can let your hair down at last,join a gang of us on here,who are overqualified teenagers GO FOR IT!(y)
Tea Bag
Haha (y), of course at 47 I'm only a little over being a teenager and still yet to reach my prime :whistle: :D2.
I must admit after having quite a strict upbringing from an Irish father who was a drill sergeant and heavyweight boxing champ when he was in the Army and a mother who was even more fearful :confused: I find it quite difficult to comprehend the lack of consideration from others at times, perhaps you're right, I should kick back and just let it all go on around me, just wish I could grow some hair so I could let it down :D2

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I know I am regarded one of the miserable buggers on here, but kids are no bother to me at all, have done holidays with kids for as many years as I care to remember, now even though we travel on our own without kids , I have no problem with them whatever they get up to , they are our future when we have long gone.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I know I am regarded one of the miserable buggers on here, but kids are no bother to me at all, have done holidays with kids for as many years as I care to remember, now even though we travel on our own without kids , I have no problem with them whatever they get up to , they are our future when we have long gone.

Hah! Miserable Bugger !:dance2:

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Maybe I am.........BUT........If I am a paying member of a club, say CC or C&CC, and I'm also paying £20.00 per night to stop on a site, then am I not due some sort of respect? If not by some goon who gives not a toss, but by the site wardens/managers?
Now, most sites have a kids play area. We always go as far away as possible from them. It also allows people with kids to stay close to the youngsters. However, what seems to happen in this. Three tugs arrive together, containing three families, known to each other. They grab three adjacent spots, and within a very short time, with the aid of windbreaks, build Fort Laramie, complete with its own cowboys. All the adults sit together drinking, three barbies go on together. Not content with 'owning' the pitches, they now 'own' the road as well. Six or even ten kids are now raising hell, not at the playpark, but next to you. And this hell goes on from morning until night, unless they all pile into their cars and go out for the day...........Now, if I let my dog off the lead, Batman on his lawnmower is there in seconds, however, no sign of Batman at ten in the evening, when all the strings of flashing lights come on, the shouting of drunk adults fills the air, and guess what, the bl**dy kids are STILL running round screaming because it's going dark.........Then the barbies become bonfires, fueled by logs brought for this purpose.......And at 02.00 am, they are still at it. Everyone is scared to complain, because there are three men, drunk. You tell the wardens next morning, but they just shrug.
And thats classed as 'fair'?

I take it, by your comment(s), that you fit the description of those I mentioned above? Or are you just a masochist, who enjoys spending 20 + quid a night to be screamed at? :confused:

Absolutely agree but I then think am I just being a miserable bugger, I've come to a place where a wide spectrum of people are also having their holiday, let's be honest it's bad enough when some of these people are at home and you happen to live nearby, let alone having the added fuel of a holiday to add into the equation. So I then think should I just accept that this is an example of society and ignore it, or should I holiday somewhere else that's quieter Instead of getting wound up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back